Sign in to follow this  
RonArtest15

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Listen to Recovery and say he didn’t change. Imo it’s his best album. Not a lot of shock value like his earlier stuff. 

Ya, "25 to Life", "Love the Way You Lie", and "Spacebound" are really good songs and sound nothing like "Hi, My name is...".

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, "25 to Life", "Love the Way You Lie", and "Spacebound" are really good songs and sound nothing like "Hi, My name is...".

Yep, Talkin 2 Myself and Never Over are great as well. 

Then there were regular hype type tracks like No Love and Not Afraid and Wont Back Down to all sounded different from his earlier stuff with some of the Eminem bravado

• Like 1

Listening to the new Eminem, not bad.

I will say - and I'm probably in the minority on this- I largely hate features.  I'm not listneing to an Eminem album to hear songs featuring Ed Sheeran, Alicia Keys, Pink or Beyonce.  I don't want to hear them.  I don't like them.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wait, I just got to the track where he samples Joan Jett.  This is terrible.  

Not a fan of ANY of his rock samples.

The album is decent to me.  Not on the level of Damn.

I do like that hes using some trap beats in some of his stuff.  Would have loved a Mike Will or Metro Boomin track in there.

Good lord woke up in 2003 today. Ja Rule going back at 50 Cent on Twitter like nobody's business.

He must've asked Alexa to play early 2000s hits and Back Down came on.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:16 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Listening to the new Eminem, not bad.

I will say - and I'm probably in the minority on this- I largely hate features.  I'm not listneing to an Eminem album to hear songs featuring Ed Sheeran, Alicia Keys, Pink or Beyonce.  I don't want to hear them.  I don't like them.  

I 100% agree. One guest tops. These songs with 8 dudes...if I wanted to listen to Wu Tang I'd listen to Wu Tang.

Em’s new album draws a “meh” from me.  I listened a couple times.  Nothing great.  I’d give it a 2.5 or 3 out of 5.

One album I’m really digging is NERD’s new album.  More pop than rap, but it’s really got some great songs on it.  I’ve listened several times.