Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Tournament Bracket

SkinsGuy

I'm surprised Virginia got a #5 seed. They really didn't finish the season well, and nearly fell out of the top 25.

It seems the big story of the day, tournament-wise, is the snubbing of Syracuse.

You guys think Syracuse got snubbed, or was it right to leave them out?

20 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I'm surprised Virginia got a #5 seed. They really didn't finish the season well, and nearly fell out of the top 25.

It seems the big story of the day, tournament-wise, is the snubbing of Syracuse.

Heard some guys opining on this the other day on the radio, that they thought it might happen.  (Am I correct that Wake got that spot instead?)

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Heard some guys opining on this the other day on the radio, that they thought it might happen.  (Am I correct that Wake got that spot instead?)

Well, Wake is technically not in the tourney yet. They are playing in one of the preliminary games against Kansas State tomorrow or Wed.

Most seem to feel Syracuse belongs because they beat 3 teams that were in the top 10 or 15 when they played them.

However, they lost a good deal of games they really had no business losing. To me they are one of those "on the fence" type teams. They could've gotten in, maybe even belonged there. But it is no great crime they were left off.

31 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I had a hard time making my picks.  This year feels chalky to me.  And it doesn't feel like there is a lot of separation between the top 10-12 teams or so.  There are also a lot of quality 5-7 seeds.

I haven't made my picks yet because I want to see more research. :) 

It is tough this year. There are no teams that stand out. Every team has weaknesses.

3 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

No way should Wake had gotten in over The Cuse. 

I just can't buy into Gonzaga.  Not until they make a deep run.  Once they do, then I'll be willing to pick them for Final Fours.  But I think their region is the softest, so I did pick them to go to the Elite Eight.

I really struggled to make the Elite Eight picks this year.  There are things I want to do like pick Oregon to make a deep run.  But then I really get nervous about that because Creighton and Louisville are no joke.  Michigan is on fire.  And Kansas looks really good.  So I ended up backing out of an Oregon pick because I think their road is so tough even though I believe they're one of the top four teams.  I ended up going with Duke, Arizona, UNC, and Kansas as my Final Four, with Duke over Kansas in the Final.  I don't really like those picks though.  I wish Oregon had been the two seed in the West region instead of Arizona.

5 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Well, Wake is technically not in the tourney yet. They are playing in one of the preliminary games against Kansas State tomorrow or Wed.

Most seem to feel Syracuse belongs because they beat 3 teams that were in the top 10 or 15 when they played them.

However, they lost a good deal of games they really had no business losing. To me they are one of those "on the fence" type teams. They could've gotten in, maybe even belonged there. But it is no great crime they were left off.

any team that loses at home to Georgetown should not be in the tournament.

Ya'll know aho I got winning, and no I don't make multiple brackets, Kentucky takes it all.

I found myself going mostly straight chalk this year with only one or two early upsets and no deep run Cinderellas. I think we're seeing more equality in the league as a whole, but the normal teams will co tinue to rise to the top.

I've Villanova beating Duke, but I sure do hope they choke sooner!!

29 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Ya'll know aho I got winning, and no I don't make multiple brackets, Kentucky takes it all.

I found myself going mostly straight chalk this year with only one or two early upsets and no deep run Cinderellas. I think we're seeing more equality in the league as a whole, but the normal teams will co tinue to rise to the top.

I've Villanova beating Duke, but I sure do hope they choke sooner!!

Networks won't let that happen.

In the final, Grayson trips a Kentucky player in the final seconds to send him to the line with no time on the clock. Allen gets a flagrant 2 and ejection. Kentucky misses both free throws.

54 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

Is anyone else picking all 4 #1 seeds to make it to the final 4? 

I had 3 of them making it and a 2 seed.  My final four was Nova, UNC, Gonzaga and Louisville.  I really was back and forth this year, I had Arizona beating Gonzaga, then I had them beating WV.  But I went back and put Zaga back in.  

I'm not buying into the Arizona winning it all stuff I've been hearing/reading about.  I don't want to buy into Gonzaga either, for reasons like Steve mentioned above.  I did look back and in 2015 they did lose to Duke in the elite 8 and Duke went on to be the champs.  They have a better team than they did that year, so I put them in the final four.  I actually have them in the Championship game against UNC.

I went more by the odds to win it all this year and it's been changing between Nova, Zaga and UNC for the most part.  It was a tougher year to pick for me than it has been in the past.  

What's really crazy is the seeding this year, you have Middle Tennessee State (12 seed) being as high as a 1 point favorite over Minnesota (5 seed).  I posted in another thread that I never pick upsets for the infamous 12 over a 5 seed because I'd rather get one wrong and three right than miss on the one I pick and get more than that wrong.

But heck, this year a 12 is actually the favorite so I had to go with that.  Probably will backfire on me though lol.

Archived