Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call Bruce Allen's Office. Let Him Know How You Feel. SERIOUSLY IT WORKS

nkoucheki

13. Please refrain from including overly explicit material in posts.
This includes, but is not limited to, overly violent, obscene, or sexual content in any media form--- including text, pictures, gifs, audio clips, or videos. Use discretion, and err on the side of caution in instances where material you are considering posting might be considered “over the line.” A significant quantity of our traffic visits occur during work hours, are made in public environments, and are made by individuals less than 18 years of age. This is a board open to all, including entire families of all ages of Redskins fans, and it is the official board of The Washington Redskins. Show pride and respect for that fact and give thought to what you post on ES. If you are in doubt about something you're about to post, simply don't post it.

Members quoting posts that include such violations (or other rule violations) without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly.

couple recent posts up for a flag unless edited...

@-JB- @Ron78

Anyone else feel like there is a microscope on the Redskins looking for any reason to bash them?

From what it appears to me, they fired their alcoholic spiraling GM who was getting progressively worse.

Its pretty clear from pictures of the man that he has gotten worse. It does not take a doctor to see telltale signs of progressive alcoholism.

That's the bottom line problem with all the media hype of the Redskins right now. 

Cousins is bellyaching about a contract and wanting out, but the honest truth is I still think the Redskins made the right move.

Everyone remembers the Giants game right? Cousins imploded. I am not one to want to start over at QB and like the path we are headed on but a long term deal with a QB who has shown he cracks in big time games? 2018 class of QBs is supposed to be great. 

The sky isnt falling with me here. I still love the team and ignore the bash the Redskins media garbage because that is all it is.

Ever notice how the Cowboys are winning the superbowl every year with the media?

Why would I give credit to a group like that? 

14 hours ago, mrfixit28 said:

Anyone else feel like there is a microscope on the Redskins looking for any reason to bash them?

From what it appears to me, they fired their alcoholic spiraling GM who was getting progressively worse.

Its pretty clear from pictures of the man that he has gotten worse. It does not take a doctor to see telltale signs of progressive alcoholism.

That's the bottom line problem with all the media hype of the Redskins right now. 

Cousins is bellyaching about a contract and wanting out, but the honest truth is I still think the Redskins made the right move.

Everyone remembers the Giants game right? Cousins imploded. I am not one to want to start over at QB and like the path we are headed on but a long term deal with a QB who has shown he cracks in big time games? 2018 class of QBs is supposed to be great. 

The sky isnt falling with me here. I still love the team and ignore the bash the Redskins media garbage because that is all it is.

Ever notice how the Cowboys are winning the superbowl every year with the media?

Why would I give credit to a group like that? 

I find it hard to believe that SM was a disastrous drunk for 18 months and that was kept under wraps until the moment they fired him. Your guess is as good as mine if you want to talk about how much influence SM has had over the roster for his 2 seasons here but I also don't buy that Jay and Bruce had been running the show while SM was stumbling around Ashburn.

The Cousins contract drama was going to happen with or without all the extra hoopla over Scot but add that into the mix and it makes the Skins look like a circus, once again. 

The difference between Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder is Jerry has at least a little self-awareness and humility whereas Snyder has none. The Cowboys have also had some talented rosters in the years they've been crowned SB champs by the media - these predictions don't come out of nowhere but it doesn't mean that pundit predictions are worth paying any attention to, obviously.

But don't you find it a little concerning that pretty much every single reporter that has ever worked around the Skins organization has a negative view of them, especially Danny? That doesn't just bubble out of some programmed media agenda against the Skins - it has to have a little something to do with the guy who's owned the team for all this time, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/03/13/the-new-redskins-tradition-stealing-your-money/

People are cancelling their season tickets en masse. Get ready for a LOT of visiting fans next year.

Grant Paulsen said today from talking to people he knows at Redskins Park nothing bothers Danny more than this type of thing -- ticket holders abandoning ship, empty stadiums. 

I know some like to jump on these threads saying the no one at Redskins Park cares about fan opinion and people are wasting their time complaining.  Between what Paulsen said today and Vinny said last week, they've indicated it has a real impact.   Even if I didn't hear it from them, we've seen evidence that it does -- stopping Fassel becoming HC, etc.

Until Kirk signs a LTC, I hope fans pester the heck out of the team. :ols:

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/03/13/the-new-redskins-tradition-stealing-your-money/

People are cancelling their season tickets en masse. Get ready for a LOT of visiting fans next year.

Did you read the article you posted, or did you mean to post another article? This article doesn't say or support what you have claimed in your post.

One constant amongst fans that I've never understood is that "Dan just wants to make money, he's not interested in winning."  

Which is stupid and contradictory statement.  If the Redskins were winning it'd stand to reason that he'd make more money.  Right?  Fed Ex would be sold out, they could raise prices because seats would be in demand.  They could open up and sell out the seats they covered a couple years ago.  They'd sell more concessions.  They'd sell more parking.  They'd sell more merchandise.  They'd have more exposure on a national level.  The value of the already valuable franchise would only stand to increase.

It only behooves Dan to win because he stands to make more.  

I truly believe that Dan wants to win.  I mean, what is this, Major League where the deadbeat owner wants to tank the team because he wants to move it to another city that'll build him a stadium?  

It's the ego that gets in the way.  The fact that he continues to think he knows what's best and how to construct a franchise.  Not a team, but a franchise.  He needs his "yes men" like Vinny and Bruce.  The fact that they never learn is so disheartening.  It's like that Seinfeld episode where Costanza does the opposite of everything that he thinks he should do.  Dan and Bruce should do the same.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I truly believe that Dan wants to win.  I mean, what is this, Major League where the deadbeat owner wants to tank the team because he wants to move it to another city that'll build him a stadium?  

It's the ego that gets in the way.  The fact that he continues to think he knows what's best and how to construct a franchise.  Not a team, but a franchise.  He needs his "yes men" like Vinny and Bruce.  The fact that they never learn is so disheartening.  It's like that Seinfeld episode where Costanza does the opposite of everything that he thinks he should do.  Dan and Bruce should do the same.  

I definitely think Dan wants to win. The same way Kim Jong Un wants to "win." 

The problem is, Dan has no concept whatsoever about how to create an atmosphere that's conducive to winning. He has no concept at all as to how to motivate people to want to do well for reasons that aren't based on fear or jealousy or greed. He doesn't inspire loyalty or even respect. Look at my avatar. Look at Norv's priceless reaction to Snyder's hug. No fan of Turner as a coach here, but I think he was/is a good man. You can tell just by that expression he knew what kind of douchebag he was dealing with. And he'd find out just a year later. Just two years before, Norv was actually crying in the locker room as he spoke to the team about Jack Kent Cooke and tried to get them to play the game in Cooke's honor. Can you imagine Snyder even inspiring a shred of emotion like that from his players or coaches? No way. 

He wants to "win", but he has no clue what winning really is on a football field, how you have to depend on others to support you just as they have to depend on you to do the same. With Snyder, it's never "I got your back," it's always "watch your back." 

8 hours ago, hailer21 said:

I find it hard to believe that SM was a disastrous drunk for 18 months and that was kept under wraps until the moment they fired him. Your guess is as good as mine if you want to talk about how much influence SM has had over the roster for his 2 seasons here but I also don't buy that Jay and Bruce had been running the show while SM was stumbling around Ashburn.

The Cousins contract drama was going to happen with or without all the extra hoopla over Scot but add that into the mix and it makes the Skins look like a circus, once again. 

The difference between Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder is Jerry has at least a little self-awareness and humility whereas Snyder has none. The Cowboys have also had some talented rosters in the years they've been crowned SB champs by the media - these predictions don't come out of nowhere but it doesn't mean that pundit predictions are worth paying any attention to, obviously.

But don't you find it a little concerning that pretty much every single reporter that has ever worked around the Skins organization has a negative view of them, especially Danny? That doesn't just bubble out of some programmed media agenda against the Skins - it has to have a little something to do with the guy who's owned the team for all this time, doesn't it?

Man your first point is EXACTLY how I've been thinking the whole time. The Washington Redskins are the most dramatic organization in sports. More drama than 14 year old girls. RGIII couldn't argue waffles versus pancakes without it becoming a national story about dysfunction and division in the redskins locker room. And now you're telling me the GM was a drunken lunatic for 2 years, every day, and we didn't hear ANYTHING? Suddenly the Redskins became freaking fort knox? I am not buying it. I am not buying it one bit. 

It's amazing how many people give in to this media fueled **** fest. All the speculations all the leaks all the drama, people love it. The majority of redskins fans are Whiny crybabies. Look at the got damn roster on the offensive side of the ball alone, we talk about building through the draft and nearly every starter we have we drafted!! Of those we've drafted and have performed we rewarded but we **** and moan about letting go of two recievers on the wrong side of thirty of whom costed a good amount of cap space. We are our own worse enemy.

2015 we exceeded expectations and the majority consensus of the board had a realistic expectation of an 8-8 season for 2016. We met those expectations and people are still calling for blood. The team is headed in the right direction. This offseason is the same formula of the past couple years, not to fancy during free agency and a full board of draft picks.

i like football because of football, not this ****ing soap opera bull****. leave Allen alone and let the man do his damn job. 

2 hours ago, Skinz_4_life said:

It's amazing how many people give in to this media fueled **** fest. All the speculations all the leaks all the drama, people love it. The majority of redskins fans are Whiny crybabies. Look at the got damn roster on the offensive side of the ball alone, we talk about building through the draft and nearly every starter we have we drafted!! Of those we've drafted and have performed we rewarded but we **** and moan about letting go of two recievers on the wrong side of thirty of whom costed a good amount of cap space. We are our own worse enemy.

2015 we exceeded expectations and the majority consensus of the board had a realistic expectation of an 8-8 season for 2016. We met those expectations and people are still calling for blood. The team is headed in the right direction. This offseason is the same formula of the past couple years, not to fancy during free agency and a full board of draft picks.

i like football because of football, not this ****ing soap opera bull****. leave Allen alone and let the man do his damn job. 

Yikes. Asterisks. You win pal. But I'll give you something. We met our expectations. For the first time in my natural born life. So why did things have to change? Egos too big that we can't split the credit for 8-7-1? I've got some fundamental issues, yes. The media doesn't set our win loss record, which I was starting to like for a change! Much prefer it continue, don't you, angry one?

12 hours ago, nkoucheki said:

Yikes. Asterisks. You win pal. But I'll give you something. We met our expectations. For the first time in my natural born life. So why did things have to change? Egos too big that we can't split the credit for 8-7-1? I've got some fundamental issues, yes. The media doesn't set our win loss record, which I was starting to like for a change! Much prefer it continue, don't you, angry one?

Whats changed? The same formula we've been using the past 3 years we're still operating by. Signing quality players to cap friendly deals and gearing up for the draft. Why the call for Bruce allens neck? 

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

outside of the news that kirk was gone, i'm not sure why else would people be pissed about last week. GMSM did less for this team compared to the importance of stability at the HC 

Exactly! And even the "leaks" about him demanding a trade was false. I think GMSM was as advertised, great scouter but unable to fight off personal demons. His drafts were good but his free agent signings were mostly misses. I loved his "football guys" approach of getting the right mentality of guys in the locker room. I hope Bruce continues this philosophy 

20 hours ago, Skinz_4_life said:

Agreed.

1 hour ago, nkoucheki said:

Isn't this the same guy who presided over the Malcolm Kelly Devin Thomas draft? I hope Bruce continues any philosophy but his own. Jeez

Seriously???  You're hating for the sake of hating; you don't even know what you are hating for or about. Seriously, you don't even know what the guy has or hasn't done, you're trying to crucify him for draft picks that took place before he got here (widely known as Vinny screw ups), and you continue to just blather on with false "facts" and over-blown speculation.  You have a lot to learn about posting around here.  I mean this in the most polite way to help you out: post less, read more.  And for the love of Pete, get a ****ing clue about what you are talking about before considering posting.  

• TK locked this topic

Archived