Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

26 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I'd like to have your opinion on this SIP. You've meet all those guys, bare Dan, and seemed to have, even if short, "close relation" with Scot, so I've been looking for your posts to get a better input of the situation.

Only met Jay for a minute or two and Bruce I talked to for a few minutes mostly about how they got screwed with the schedule that year and Bruce agreed.  Ironically the guy I know the best is Scot but at this point he doesn't matter.  I can't say I have a read on Bruce or Jay's personality from either exchange -- my take on their personalities is driven by just like everyone else here and that is from watching them live on TV and reading about them.  As to what I've observed, Scot and Jay were clearly tight.  Scot and Bruce were watching practice at different corners of the field so I didn't see the two interact.  Scot didn't bring up Bruce to me but he did bring up Jay and in glowing terms.

My main thought on this drill is driven by working in a political office years back and having friends who work in other political offices.  The head honcho, in this case Dan is likely insulated from fan outcry unless its in his face.  And if the criticism is directed at Bruce he could likely intercept and or control the spin of much of it since he's probably the gate keeper.   Dan would unlikely go out of his way to figure out what's going on but instead it has to land in his lap.  Jay would obviously have clout with Dan but he's buddies with Bruce so he would be foolish to interject himself in any of this.   

The most likely way for Dan to be aware of fan unrest is if its in his face.  Just like at the end of the Zorn era -- people bringing signs to Fedex, the office being flooded by letters, etc.  I am not saying its the panacea but if anyone's frustrated and feels the situation is hopeless.  I am not so sure its hopeless if everyone who is frustrated takes action.    IMO its all about volume.

I actually think Jay is happy about the developments and that I think he has considerably more say here.

Everyone putting this all on Bruce Allen's megalomania but no one bringing up Jay. I actually LIKE Jay and am not that upset to see him get more influence.

Again, Skins definitely mismanaged the situation BUT fans and national media dogmatically hate them and are not getting a fair shake PR-wise.

I'm just ready to move on. Kirk LTD (which I believe *will* happen because I think this year the Skins legitimately *do* want to get it done), Bennie Logan + good draft. We will contend for the division.

57 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

SiP is on a witch hunt.  So now he's clogging up ES with Cerrato hot takes...Its a sad, sad situation.

Tough to tell if this is a serious or not but to play along -- yeah personally I find it amusing that Vinny is commenting on this franchise's dysfunction.   Things have sunk low enough that Vinny could suggest this is worse than when he was there.   And yeah I do find it interesting to hear what he thinks did him in and what cost him his job.  There was a period back then too where Vinny looked untouchable because he was so close to Dan.

I've gone back and forth on Bruce for years.   My only issue with Bruce in the context of this story is the power grab of personnel.  But to me that's a big deal.  As for the he said she said stuff between Bruce's people side of the story and Scot's people's side of the story -- I don't really care one way or another. 

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

I bash Dan and Bruce as much as anyone, but I'll be objective and say if Scott had made the same FA moves the media would be fawning over them.

While McCloughan hasn’t been involved in any Redskins decision over the past two weeks, the team has followed his board early in free agency—safety DJ Swearinger and defensive tackles Terrell McClain and Stacy McGee were high on his list as he emphasized rebuilding the defense up the middle. Washington landed all three of those guys. And the draft board, while subject to change, also was set before he left.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/10/washington-redskins-scot-mccloughan-nfl-free-agency

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

While McCloughan hasn’t been involved in any Redskins decision over the past two weeks, the team has followed his board early in free agency—safety DJ Swearinger and defensive tackles Terrell McClain and Stacy McGee were high on his list as he emphasized rebuilding the defense up the middle. Washington landed all three of those guys. And the draft board, while subject to change, also was set before he left.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/10/washington-redskins-scot-mccloughan-nfl-free-agency

Looks like the team is getting 3 offseasons worth of work from him for the price of 2.

1 minute ago, illone said:

Continue to make fun of him, of course.

Image result for vinny cerrato meme

Vinny with the moniker fire Brucey -- classic. :ols:  Take that on twitter I bet you got a gazillion retweets.  Like I said, big time amusing and poetic we got the king of dysfunction (Vinny) annoiting perhaps the new king (Bruce).  But again Bruce all is forgiven if you resign Kirk.   :) 

5 minutes ago, SkinsTillIDie said:

Looks like the team is getting 3 offseasons worth of work from him for the price of 2.

Maybe 4 if you consider his consulting services were used in 2014.   I got no doubt that its Scot's draft board assuming they adhere to it.  One of my questions to Scot was when does he go to town on the draft, and he more or less said all the time, and that they already had at that time 50 top prospects they were studying very closely.  That was back in early November.

4 minutes ago, SkinsTillIDie said:

It'd be interesting to hear people say who they believe is primarily going to be responsible for the choices in free agency and the draft this year.....Bruce or Scot.

The reason I say that is because if people don't make their claim right now on who's board and thought processes are primarily responsible for this off season....then their reaction to this off season is going to simply be based on it's ultimate conclusion.

IE if they don't acknowledge up front that either Bruce or Scot deserves most of the credit/blame for this off-seasons signings then...

If you're a Scot guy, if things work out you're probably going to try and claim it was due to them using Scot's boards while if it fails you'll probably say it's Bruce's meddling.

If you're an anti-Scot guy, if things work out you're probably saying it's because Bruce and Company took over and if it doesn't then you're probably blaming it on them using Scot's boards. 

The glory of hindsight and fitting it into narratives...

My personal feelings....I have a feeling this off season is probably 70 / 30 Scot to Bruce. I imagine they're primarily using the blue print that he left, but likely using their own judgement on things (for example, I think he'd have been more likely to sign Baker back along side, or in place, of one of our DL's due to his "promote within" mentality).

If word comes out that they've completely redone their Draft board, I'd perhaps change that thought, but that's my thinking as it stands. It's also going off the notion that, at the moment, the meddling of Bruce as it relates to picks and the purse strings is still conjecture, so I'm assuming the bargain free agent signings along the line we've seen in years past and again here are actually Scot's finger prints, and not a Bruce finger print that was visible all 3 years.

4 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Going to make the suggestion again. Take out an envelope and address it to Mr. Snyder. We're all taking the time to post on a messageboard. Yes, a letter likely wouldn't find its way to his desk. But, it'll be opened by somebody there. If enough of them show up. That'll get out quickly enough. Even quicker if you post a pic of your letter before mailing it.

You want Bruce gone? Say it. Personally, I want Bruce, Wylie and Larry all out of there ASAP. Can't keep any of them if you want to get past this.

I know I am in the minority on this but I like Larry.  I've met him a couple times, cool guy.  He's just doing his job.  

3 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

My personal feelings....I have a feeling this off season is probably 70 / 30 Scot to Bruce. I imagine they're primarily using the blue print that he left, but likely using their own judgement on things (for example, I think he'd have been more likely to sign Baker back along side, or in place, of one of our DL's due to his "promote within" mentality).

If word comes out that they've completely redone their Draft board, I'd perhaps change that thought, but that's my thinking as it stands. It's also going off the notion that, at the moment, the meddling of Bruce as it relates to picks and the purse strings is still conjecture, so I'm assuming the bargain free agent signings along the line we've seen in years past and again here are actually Scot's finger prints, and not a Bruce finger print that was visible all 3 years.

I'd agree with the 70-30% drill, maybe I'd bump it to 80%-20% Scot.  Scot has been here until a couple of weeks ago, leading the charge on all of it.  It's intuitive to me its the case and heck Breer is saying his sources tell him they are working off of Scot's board.  Ultimately though there is no way to know.  They could have Scot's board and still ignore it.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know I am in the minority on this but I like Larry.  I've met him a couple times, cool guy.  He's just doing his job.  

I like Larry, too.  He's a homer, but that's OK, he's the "Voice of the Redskins". of which i think he does a pretty decent job. People act like he's just some propagandist sometimes, and jeez, lighten up. it's a football team and this is fan #1.

He used to have a show on saturday afternoons in the springtime and summer on WJFK I think. About 1996 or 1997 or so. I drove a delivery truck at the time, and saturdays SUCKED because where i drove there wasn't much i could get on the radio.  All you could get was the public radio jazz station from across the bay, or WJFK.. which had gardening and other boring crap all morning.. then 1 o;clock came along and there was this Redskins show with Larry Michael. it wasn't like it is now, where you can get redskins talk anytime you wanted, especially on saturdays in spring/summer.

it was obvious he was a fan and he did this show on his own. It was a good show, had a good solid pep feel to it.  and it helped make my day on those Saturdays. I'm glad he's gotten to where he is.

I think he did boxing for a while on HBO, am i right?

~Bang

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

IF and I say IF the Skins WIN and WIN big next year-Improved D and the O is better IMHO. THAT may change Kirk's attitude. A High Power O that HE is the Master of will change attiutudes. IF NOT and we do win BIG..think of the FA QB's that may want to take the reigns. If we FLOP..ya..he may leave. I'm taking one year at a time..be HARD for someone to walk away from a 5,000 Yard Offense. He is just pissed off right now

I'm not entirely sure why...

But I read this in Foghorn Leghorn's voice.

And it was beautiful.

33 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Mirrors what my take is:

http://www.gq.com/story/redskin-dan-snyder-fired-gm-new-low

Eighteen months. Eighteen f'n months. You're telling me that the Skins hired an alcoholic and let him run rampant for 3/4ths of his tenure before suddenly coming to their senses at the worst possible time? BS.

it wasn't public till now, so they had to react

Archived