Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Hmm, seeing we're landing Pryor.

Y'know, the past week has been trying, but if we land Pryor, add Mayock as GM going forward, sign Kirk to a LTD and fire Bruce Allen, this offseason actually win't have been nearly as terrible as it started out looking like it was gonna be.

That would be ideal. Draft some fat boys and linebackers and lets actually get back to ****ing football. Im done with the drama. I just want to build a championship caliber team and talk about that.

11 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

If you could get 100,000 people to committ $40k that would get it done. Of course none of these people would pit that much money into it if there weren't dividends involved. If profits could be shared with the shareholders, and the shareholders choose a BOD, I'd definitely get in on that. I'd even considering taking a portion of my 401k out to cover that if  those dividends were there for life.  Hey, I can dream, right. :)

Public buyout of the team, GB Packers style. 

Hmmmm.  The problem is, I'm not sure there are 100,000 people willing to pay $40k.  Though, there might be some willing to pay more, and some willing to pay less, to average it out. 

Things that make you go hmmmm....

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Public buyout of the team, GB Packers style. 

Hmmmm.  The problem is, I'm not sure there are 100,000 people willing to pay $40k.  Though, there might be some willing to pay more, and some willing to pay less, to average it out. 

Things that make you go hmmmm....

Very good point. One share equals $1,000. Buy as many or as few as you'd like until the 4 bil is covered. Instead of shelling the money up front, make sure you have enough committed to purchasing. Have everyone that would like send some proof of ability to purchase with a CPA or attorney holding that money, have them sign a verification that they are in possession of that money and have that verification notarized by a second witness. You never know. You may find a fan willing to committ to one share ($1,000) knowing they're going to get about 80 bucks a year for life or you may find some millionaires who have always had the dream of being involved that could buy 1,000 shares. Again, you'd have to probably hire one main attorney to get the info together that enohgh money is pulled together to make the offer to Snyder.

3 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

Very good point. One share equals 1,000. Buy as many or as few as you'd like until the 4 bil is covered. Instead of shelling the money up front, make sure you have enough committed to purchasing. Have everyone that would like send some proof of ability to purchase with a CPA or attorney holding that money, have them sign a verification that they are in possession of that money and have that verification notarized by a second witness. You never know. You may find a fan willing to committ to one share ($1,000) knowing they're going to get about 80 bucks for life or you may find some millionaires who have always had the dream of being involved that could buy 1,000 shares. Again, you'd have to probably hire one main attorney to get the info together that enohgh money is pulled together to make the offer to Snyder.

The biggest problem with this is that we have no idea what the revenue/profit of the team is.  It's entirely possible that you could make back your investment in reasonably short period of time, given the amount of cash that the team generates. 

From what I understand, ~50% of revenue goes to the players through the collective bargaining agreement.  I believe the cap is about $160million.  Which means the team keeps about that amount to operate.  Out of that $160 (and I'm pretty sure that there are additional sources of revenue which increase that number), they have to pay staff costs, rent on facilities, and operating expenses like marketing, etc. 

But there has to be a pretty good penny left over. That's profit that currently goes into Dan's pocket.  Clearly you would keep some cash in the organization, but take the profit, and split amoungst stockholders, you could possibly pay back the $1000 over a fairly short period of time. 

Clearly, though, you would never make an offer without seeing the books. I'm not sure that they would share those.

42 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Hmm, seeing we're landing Pryor.

Y'know, the past week has been trying, but if we land Pryor, add Mayock as GM going forward, sign Kirk to a LTD and fire Bruce Allen, this offseason actually win't have been nearly as terrible as it started out looking like it was gonna be.

Where has there been any reports of Allen getting fired.

The guy isn't going anywhere.

And now Kirk won't sign a LTD with him here.

So both of those things probably won't happen. Which means this off-season is still a disaster.

Pryor will probably be gone next year as well.

Not that I don't love Kirks stance, because it solidifies what many of us have been thinking the whole time, that Bruce is a terd.  But what kind of precedent would it set if Dan fired a team president because its what a player wants?  Wouldn't that just be more of the same?  What legit GM is going to want to come to Washington right now where the players call the shots?

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that I don't love Kirks stance, because it solidifies what many of us have been thinking the whole time, that Bruce is a terd.  But what kind of precedent would it set if Dan fired a team president because its what a player wants?  Wouldn't that just be more of the same?  What legit GM is going to want to come to Washington right now where the players call the shots?

Yep therein lies the problem. We can't actually fire Allen because a player demands it. It would just feed into the aura of dysfunction more.

31 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If yall are legitimately considering Mike Mayock......

John Gruden? Yall gotta be stopped!  

:rofl89:

Oh I don't know. You've got Elway winning rings. Jon gruden is a "football guy" if Ive ever seen one

Would make for an interesting FO anyways, but I guess we need to tone it down a notch

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm sure if A.Rogers told the team to fire someone they would.

Now Kirk isn't Rogers, but the fact is it already happens. It happens in every sport by the way.

17 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I bash Dan and Bruce as much as anyone, but I'll be objective and say if Scott had made the same FA moves the media would be fawning over them.

Not the DT signings. Hell, he got a lot of grief for the same kind of thing last year.

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Now Kirk isn't Rogers, but the fact is it already happens. It happens in every sport by the way.

Happens more in the NBA.  But didn't Elway get Dan Reeves fired back in Denver?

Just now, tshile said:

I will be GM, and not make any decisions, for significantly less than anyone they are currently considering.

Where do I submit my resume?

Honestly, if Dan and Bruce were confident the media wouldn't check on your background and report it, they'd probably give your resume a hard look.

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

If firing Allen gets Cousins to agree to a LTD, then fire him!

Archived