Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

we, they'll at least get a figurehead I figure <heh heh> to look good to the fans/league PR wise

("let's make them think we're not still going to be making all the decisions one more time!!") :evil:

One thing more about Mayock, he comes off polished, genuine and likable. I said this about Jay when he was extended -- the fact that Jay is likable and by extension a good ambassador for the team IMO is an important bonus.   That all goes double considering what's transpired of late.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hall of Fame Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, who once hired and helped teach Washington president Bruce Allen, thought highly of Mayock, and the Washington organization does as well. Mayock also has a good relationship with Redskins head coach Jay Gruden.

Jobs for the boys. Sure they'll all piss in the same pot. Not saying I'm against a Mayock hire though.

13 minutes ago, justice98 said:

It simply is a report of Mayock's name on tge list of candidates.  They're casting a wide net apparently.  The way folks are freaking out, you'd think he was signed, sealed, and delivered and having his introductory press conference tomorrow.

This is the season of freaking out...right now, people feel justified in doing so regardless if whether or not they really are justified.

9 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Mayock sounds like hiring Matt Millen if he was 15 years older and a bad NFL player.

I reserve the right to be wrong of course.

At least Lynch is more like Elway. Stanford and what not. Still stupid out of the box thinking. 

"He's so smart on tv, I bet he can pick players."

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

This is the season of freaking out...right now, people feel justified in doing so regardless if whether or not they really are justified.

I basically read every redskins story with the Benny Hill theme playing in my head.

I like Mayock. I refuse to say he can't do the job.

But it's slightly troubling that all of the current candidates that we know of are tv personalities. I mean... there HAS to be SOMEONE in a front office that deserves a nod and mention as a candidate... so why are we only looking at TV guys?

And being a TV guy doesn't mean you can't be successful. Like I said, I like Mayock and I do think he could be viable if not very very good...

But it seems so...

For lack of a better term... 

Redskins.

:ols:

Just now, KDawg said:

I like Mayock. I refuse to say he can't do the job.

But it's slightly troubling that all of the current candidates that we know of are tv personalities. I mean... there HAS to be SOMEONE in a front office that deserves a nod and mention as a candidate... so why are we only looking at TV guys?

And being a TV guy doesn't mean you can't be successful. Like I said, I like Mayock and I do think he could be viable if not very very good...

But it seems so...

For lack of a better term... 

Redskins.

:ols:

What's wrong with a TV guy?    Mayock will make the Redskins great again :)

23 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I hate it when you quickly go to bite into a shrimp but realize the shell is still on there. Of course they charge you extra to peel them ... figures. 

Stallone screams like an 80's hair band when you peel him.

Archived