Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

7 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Wasn't the whole reason Scot didn't go to the Jets was because they wouldn't give him enough power?  They basically wanted him to be a glorified scout and he said no.

That's why I had expected he had full control of the org, in addition to all the reports at the time.

That that wasn't true is surprising, because I wouldn't have expected Scot to come here without more power than he appears to have had.

The scenario you have would mean that Scott was brought here to be nothing more than a head scout and a figurehead of a GM just to appease the fans and media clamoring for one. When really Snyder and Allen still really held all the control.

Without him knowing it.

2 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I am confused.  Could someone explain what is happening to me.

I think that is going to be a large issue here: no one can explain it, at least not fully, other than Scot and the team.  It doesn't seem like either is talking, and that may be for the better in the long run, but it does leave a lot of confusion on the table.  The media has already taken advantage of the confusion, and I am sure they will continue to do so.  Lots of speculation out there, and it's amazing (not surprising) how many people change their tune by jumping on the bandwagon of a new theory that pops up by someone else.  We, as fans, may not ever get the full story, and, honestly, as long as we can get things figured out and win, it really won't matter in the end.

5 hours ago, aREDSKIN said:

My take fwiw.

All conjecture but the "drinking" issue seems spot on. Yes DSGA knew this was SM's MO before they hired him. It's public record that he had/has a serious issue with the bottle. He was fired from two other NFL organizations for drinking and I suspect less than stellar performance. Can't really substantiate that but it sure seems like that. NFL organizations just don't fire employees for stellar performance. He must have had an negative organizational affect.

Same here, DSBA took a shot on SM based on prior "performance" and got hoooosed. SM even admitted that he'd hasn't stopped drinking. Maybe it's impossible for him I just don't know. He never stopped and had an "organizational" affect. His draft, at least at the top, have been less than "stellar" thus far and the final judgement is yet to be turned in. Additionally, other organizational interactions certainly were affeted by his drinking. It just makes sense.

The organization probably just couldn't take the "affect" anymore and didn't want to gamble this years FA & draft outcome on SM.

Yes DS is a douche. Always has been and always will be when it comes to running the Skins. But the drinking IMO is the catalyst here. They just made the wrong bet yet again. DS has a long history of making bad bets with the skins.

Hope one day soon he tires of this and decides to sell the team.

Yours was worth repeating, and you might want to check out one of mine from a couple days ago if you missed it (also, read your PMs).

http://es.redskins.com/topic/411158-bruce-allen-scot-mccloughlan-jay-gruden-and-all-that-stuff-like-that-there/?page=21#comment-10895161

Just now, SlkyCaramel said:

Snyder isn't firing Bruce Allen so lets see what kind of trades we can get....

Don't be so sure about that. He loved Vinnie and when the fans finally revolted big time he canned him. If he gets enough backlash Dan will pull the trigger. Bruce isn't Teflon in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I don't remember the Jets being involved. The Raiders were the other team. (memory).

But he would have been subordinate to R. McKenzie. 

I didn't remember the Raiders being involved, but it looks like both were.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/6/7503853/new-york-jets-reach-out-to-scot-mccloughan

I could have sworn he visited Jets and then us and Raiders were next but he never left here.  Too many tweets are too old to dig up.  Either way, I definitely remember he turned at least one down due to lack of control reasons.

3 minutes ago, SlkyCaramel said:

Snyder isn't firing Bruce Allen so lets see what kind of trades we can get....

I doubt we will have any suitor for Kirk, why giving away valuable high drafts picks while you can wait a year and get him for nothing ? The signings of Hoyer and Barkley in SF tends to make me think this way.

1 hour ago, XtremeFan55 said:

It almost seems to me that the Redskins hired Scot McCloughan out of desperation two years ago and were able to land him because of his faults after being fired twice previously.

Or maybe to just pick his brain and see how he does things. Just another thought. 

21 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I am confused.  Could someone explain what is happening to me.

Well my son, in May of 1999, Daniel Snyder bought the Redskins for $800 million dollars. The team has been a dumpster fire ever since.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Say its all true about Bruce and Dan and Scott. Say its dysfunction at its finest. That is all well and good. I also say this. If all these leaks out of the Cousins camp are true and he wants out and he wants to be traded and blah blah blah then guess what we have a DIVA as a QB too. Time to just admit that and get that out of the way as well. A pro would not be leaking all of this garbage out either. So either the media is running wild on this or all of them are just as guilty at this point. Trade his ass and be done with it. Sick of the damn drama with him.

It's quite clear Bruce needs to go, he was less than stellar down in Tampa and brought that 3 ring circus up here to a circus that was already in town. Most of us were skeptical when he brought in all his Tampa guys up here. He is good for Alumni stuff but he needs to be removed from his front office position. Not doing it is just delaying the inevitable because I'm sure at some point he will be kicking rocks in the future so just get rid of him now. Other than being the son of a coach we used to have, what does he bring to the table? If Dan likes guys that are close to the franchise, bring in Doug Williams. 

Just now, brandymac27 said:

Every year since 1999?

DING DING DING! To be honest I was hoping it would take longer for someone to get it. Like would just be a spattering of people saying different years until all 18 were listed.

Snyder and Allen are going to have to go into bunker mentality at this point. They have flushed the good will that Scot's hiring, and the 2 winning seasons and hope of a rebuild, brought along with it. Now they are back to where they were, but with an increasingly irate fanbase, a team roster that is more loyal to their latest scapegoat Scot than they ever will be to Snyder/Allen, and a local and national media that see through their BS. 

Options are limited and the clock is ticking. There are no more fall guys for Bruce. 

Step 1: #FireBruceAllen

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

DING DING DING! To be honest I was hoping it would take longer for someone to get it. Like would just be a spattering of people saying different years until all 18 were listed.

It's really sad, but we are constantly in a state of rebuilding mode because the idiots in charge have no clue how to actually rebuild. I don't see the situation changing any time soon :(

Archived