Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

The Washington Redskins with pick #220 acquired from the san Fransisco 49ers select  Nate Hairston CB Temple.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nate-hairston?id=2558108

Draft Projection

Round 5-6

Bottom Line

Raw but very moldable prospect. Hairston shows good awareness from zone and his physical style and willingness to come tackle make him an immediate fit for primarily zone cover teams. However he may have the tools to eventually become a solid bump-and-run cornerback as he becomes more experienced at the position. Hairston is a projection-based talent who should become a much better player in two years than he is today

F YOU HOUSTON!

Now that's out of my system, Best arm of any QB in the draft. Who has the best highlights of any QB in the draft. But the dude is an absolute headcase and a lot of his mechanics are all over. 

Being an absolute headcase probably says why Dallas wanted him BAD in the 7th as a project. 

THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

33 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

THE HOUSTON TEXANS ARE ON THE CLOCK! 

I feel like I've been robbed here. 

I had to wait all day. I saw the trade up. I fixed on new plans deleting my initial post, made a new one up, and here now the streams cross unveiling part of my work. 

How in the hell did those images show up there? And damn if I don't want that out there. 

Can a Mod delete, delete, delete? 

Y'all  need to slow the F down! Commissioners orders! 

From wacky trades to more wacky picks to the Internet breaking! I need to catch my breath and update. CHILL! 

So scrap the Redskins. Someone else ios now on the clock! 

Turns out its Chicago! With their last pick in the 2017 NFL Draft

THE CHICAGO BEARS ARE ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

16 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

With the 1st pick of the 7th round, #219 overall in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select:

Chad Kelly - Quarterback - University of Mississippi 

Solid pick. A guy with all the potential in the world.

14 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

F YOU HOUSTON!

Now that's out of my system, Best arm of any QB in the draft. Who has the best highlights of any QB in the draft. But the dude is an absolute headcase and a lot of his mechanics are all over. 

Being an absolute headcase probably says why Dallas wanted him BAD in the 7th as a project. 

Completely agree. I think the below analogy/summary will tell you exactly why Gibbs summed it up best.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/04/12/rsp-film-room-no-107-qb-chad-kelly-ole-miss/

Football is not a corporate boardroom. But for the sake of entertaining this stupid business analogy that’s common with quarterbacking in the media, let’s go there.

The quarterback is not the CEO of the team. It’s a poor analogy used by football players-turned-commentators who usually lack an ounce of corporate experience beyond getting paid sizable fees to speak at leadership seminars.

The quarterback is the operations manager. He’s on the ground floor getting poo done. Good ops managers possess the academic theory, practical experience, workplace creativity, and emotional intelligence to work as effectively with the suit society upstairs as they do with the grunts in uniform.

If the prospects earning early-round consideration were actual candidates for a job in operations management, I’d have concerns about all of them.

Davis Webb would be the CEO’s son-in-law who will ace the interview and talk a great game in weekly meetings with the director. However, you have a feeling that he’ll always have a fancy way of explaining why poo happens to him and his team rather than actually getting the poo done.

Mitchell Trubisky looks the part and says all the right things in the interview, but you have a sneaking suspicion that he doesn’t know how to delegate. You’ve learned the hard way that no matter how talented a manager is, he’ll fail in big moments and lose his team if he consistently puts too much on himself.

Deshuan Watson is the graduate of a prestigious program who performed well as a summer intern—even earning extra points for excelling on a big stage. You like the potential, but good grades and a first-place trophy in the national collegiate sales competition doesn’t equate to managing your operation from the jump.

You like DeShone Kizer despite the fact that his former employer gave him a tepid recommendation during the reference check. You got the feeling that the employer not only needs some leadership training, but he also failed to recognize the impressive work performed in difficult circumstances. Even so, this candidate may need a year or two as management-in-training to insure that his previous experiences didn’t saddle him with emotional baggage that could hurt your operation moving forward.

If you’re not pooing yourself with cover-your-butt decisions, there are only two candidates that truly stand out. One of them is the guy whose resume lacks punch because he spent three years hiking through southeast Asia after graduation and his experience in the industry is limited to a small-time operation.

Although he lacks the depth of experience with the processes that your company uses, his creativity and talent to get poo done has moments that are off-the-charts impressive.  Everyone has glowing reviews, but you know it’s going to be a battle to get your VP of HR to sign off of this kid with rough spots and a steep initial learning curve. If you want an employee who could eventually give you record production and boost morale, you fight for Patrick Mahomes and risk the pitfalls.

Then there’s Chad Kelly. He’s almost everything you want from an operations manager during working hours. While he absorbs information a little differently and may require you to adjust how to present it to him, he knows how to fuse theory, practice, and creativity for maximum benefit. He also has the emotional intelligence to know when to push or pull the best from his team.

However, he’s arrogant and intense. His former employers swear by him but warn that if you aren’t a strong leader, he’ll wear you out with his competitive drive. There are additional concerns that his emotional intelligence doesn’t extend to his personal life, which can bleed into his time on the job.

If you’re not fooling yourself about the pressure of the job and the likelihood that you’ll be gone if excellence isn’t attained, there are only two choices. And if it weren’t for the self-inflicted wounds Chad Kelly has caused to his career thus far, he’d be at the top of the list.

Kelly is a battler with poise and the skill to work inside and outside structure with flashes of a 10-year NFL veteran. Watch Footballguy Sigmund Bloom discover that revelation that is Kelly’s talent in this RSP Film Room segment.

Just now, Monk4thaHALL said:

So ... this write up ^, WTH is going on in here?

Were you planning on selecting him? And had this write ready to go? 

QB's the last need the Panthers have. I just have heard a lot about Chad Kelley, so thought I'd share my thoughts.

Because, in case anyone here doesn't understand what is going on ... and I'm not sure I know myself. 

I was planned and fixed to select Kelly at #219, first pick of the 7th. 

Then dude trades up. I figure dude is only trading future picks and whatnot to move up, just one spot ahead of me, ONLY for a QB. You'd think right?

I mean, how he's still got a 7th round pick just boggles. The cost was cheap as it is. Should have exhausted all remaining picks. 

So I have to wait all gotdamn day. KC was put on the clock ... it seems like ages ago. At least 10 if not close to 12 hours ago. 

So, I augment my plans.  Plan B. 

I actually get my post ready. I've had my post ready to go for the last 8 hours. All I need to do is hit submit.

Somehow the guy I fixed on selecting, Guy #2 ... since surely Kelly was about to be snatched from me, somehow the images I uploaded myself, from my own computer end up in one of GHH's posts and neither of us can delete them. 

???

So, how in the hell did that happened when I never hit the submit button? In fact I deleted all the images, cleared the saved texted from the box and even logged out and logged back in before coming back to the thread.  

2 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Another one of those guys I have at a decent spot on my draft board yet everyone else has no clue who they are.

You mean the player I was going to select at #219 is someone that only you know who they are? 

That was my guy. I was literally going to select him right there despite having 'no clue' about him. I literally had him lined up and the post was all done, waiting for 8 hours, ready to go. Because all indications pointed to the fact that QB Kelly was getting swiped. But ...

How my personal uploaded images ended up in someone else's post and how I was unable to delete them, nor GHH able to delete them, is one hell of a mystery. It never should have been broadcasted like that. 

So, I've got a rules change proposal. 

Whoever is on the clock (no matter which GM), if two hours elapse of their allotted 8 hour window (for example), and they eventually trade that pick to someone else, the new GM who traded up inherits the remaining time left of the original 8 hours, nothing more. In this case it would be the remaining 6 hours.

There should not be a reset back to 8 hours for the new GM since two hours were already spent on the clock for said selection. If trade negotiations take two hours, so be it. That is deducted from the 8 hours provided for the slot. 

Essentially what happened early this morning was that Kansas City came on the clock for selection #218, two hours elapsed, then a trade was announced, Carolina came on the clock and there was a reset to 8 hours for the new GM to make his pick. When in fact 10 hours or more elapsed between the time that #218 came on the clock and when the selection was made. 

Selection #217, by Cincy, occured at: 7:14 AM on April 20th. Presumably the time for the board is EST. 

Here's a screen shot of the time of Cincy's post:

1.thumb.png.6933a812e9530dff8356a10931157139.png

Immediately Kansas City is on the clock. Per the rules, the 8 hours would have expired at: 3:14 pm (EST)

The trade announcement was made at: 10:41 AM. 

2.thumb.png.415eac69fa72c103f1e7ce8f818d71cf.png

The subsequent selection for #218 was made at: 5:37 pm.

3.thumb.png.46f8d2d0ab5ef050069a32eb2bcbdc49.png

Selection #218 took -- 10 hours, 23 minutes.

sidenote:

In those 10 hours I had written up two complete and different posts for my selection. Had them at the ready. Names, pictures, profiles, etc.

Having written one before the trade, then one after the trade, and ultimately having to go back and rewrite my origianl post all over again. 

But not before my #2 post [Plan B] was accidentally amalgamated into one of GHH's posts, where neither of us (weirdly) were able to delete it. Thus showing off a player I was going to select as Plan B, after the trade, but who is still available now. 

That post stood for at least an hour and many other GMs saw that post, with the Carolina GM commenting upon that player and indicating his fondness of said player. 

Just FYI. 

26 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

So, I've got a rules change proposal. 

Whoever is on the clock (no matter which GM), if two hours elapse of their allotted 8 hour window (for example), and they eventually trade that pick to someone else, the new GM who traded up inherits the remaining time left of the original 8 hours, nothing more. In this case it would be the remaining 6 hours.

Makes sense to me and I agree...

30 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Selection #217, by Cincy, occured at: 7:14 AM on April 20th. Presumably the time for the board is EST. 

Here's a screen shot of the time of Cincy's post:

That post stood for at least an hour and many other GMs saw that post, with the Carolina GM commenting upon that player and indicating his fondness of said player. 

Just FYI. 

I understand what you are saying and it's probably a good idea to say once the clock has started on a pick, it's 12. 10 or 8 hours, depending on round, regardless of if it gets traded or not. It doesn't;t start over. 

But in fairness, the example is the only time that has happened and it was because of an Internet problem, not because the GM was taking their time. I believe @SamMills51 wanted to get the pick right in. Every other trade made putting the person on the clock (not including trades happening ahead of time - looking at you @Chump Bailey :)) the pick has been made within the hour.

With the 4th pick in the 7th round (222nd overall) The Jacksonville Jaguars select: Jerry Ugokwe, OT William and Mary -

I don't have a player write up since this is @Wildbunny pick. So will give you a little W&M and rock history. W&M was a longtime tour stop for the Grateful Dead. I saw them there 3 or 4 times before they moved to Hampton Coliseum (out grew W&M). Neither of these recordings are mine but I was at the W&M show where this recording (Promised Land) comes from. The other is One More Saturday Night at Hampton Coliseum. 

Archived