Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

BOBBY THREE STICKS!:table2:

Out of all of the (many) things I've read today about Manafort, I think I love this the best.  Mueller's investigation is going to cost the taxpayers NOTHING.  It's like getting all of your Xmas presents for free.  

Edit. And, you know, helping to preserve the democratic foundations of our country, free of corruption and foreign influence, for free.  Which is also nice.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Ugh....I wish Mueller would hurry this up and bring this all to a close, he's just fishing and wasting everyone's time and money.

What has he accomplished in this partisan witch hunt.

***channeling @twa***

Yeah it cracks me up how the right keeps saying stuff like this, considering that it's a complete 180 of reality (though I suppose that shouldn't be surprising in the Trump era). This has easily been the single most efficient and successful Special Counsel/Prosecutor investigation in US history when you look at the timeline and number of successful indictments.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Not sure how Manafort could participate in undercover activities at this point, but OK.

google-glasses-banned-in-strip-clubs-too

Given how hilariously stupid the Trumpies have shown themselves to be, it would probably work on them.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 4

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/14/17860648/paul-manafort-plea-deal-cooperating-mueller-trump

Manafort is cooperating with Mueller. 8 legal experts explain what that means for Trump.

A sample:

Jed Shugerman, law professor, Fordham University
It’s important that Mueller has continued to make sure that a presidential pardon won’t save Manafort. Manafort is pleading guilty to only two charges — conspiracy and witness tampering — but he is conceding to the other facts in the “criminal information,” which establish money laundering and mention the money laundering statute. So Manafort would still face slam-dunk state charges for money laundering, bank fraud, state tax fraud, and other crimes if he were to receive a presidential pardon (which affects only federal crimes).

I’m wondering what Manafort has told Mueller as part of this deal. Manafort is still giving up a lot in this deal, forfeiting millions in assets, which probably cannot be returned by a pardon, either. But he may get reduced sentencing for cooperation.

I’m most focused on two episodes. The first is the Trump Tower meeting in June. Does Manafort have information that Trump knew about the meeting in advance? I’ve written before that such advance knowledge would be the key step in establishing felony conspiracy against the United States.

The second is whether Manafort played a role in changing the Republican platform on Russia and Ukraine during the campaign, and what, if anything, Trump may have known about it. That might be part of a quid pro quo case. And of course, there may be a lot more Manafort can tell prosecutors about Trump’s involvement. I doubt that prosecutors would make any cooperation agreement without full cooperation and without cooperation on the core Russia investigation.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Holy ****. Manafort gave up the farm in this deal. He must have seen the evidence and known that Mueller and Co. had him dead to rights and he was 100% ****ed otherwise. 

"You'll be in jail even if you live to 100, and at the jail we'll put you in, you won't want to live for that long.

Alternatively, couple years in minimum security, and you can spend the 2nd half of your 70's with your grandkids in witness protection."

What's impressive here is how thorough Mueller is.  Asset forfeiture really seals the deal, Manafort can't get that back in a pardon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I was really happy this morning to tune into MSNBC and hear that Manafort was indeed going to plea and cooperate with other investigations. 

Kinda ruins Trump's weekend, doesn't it?  Unless it's raining in the DC metro area and he flies out to play golf at one of his other courses.

On our dime. 

I hate that ****er. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

"You'll be in jail even if you live to 100, and at the jail we'll put you in, you won't want to live for that long.

Alternatively, couple years in minimum security, and you can spend the 2nd half of your 70's with your grandkids in witness protection."

What's impressive here is how thorough Mueller is.  Asset forfeiture really seals the deal, Manafort can't get that back in a pardon.

I think the asset forfeiture cuts both ways.  What do you want to bet that Mueller, in exchange for cooperation, is going to leave him with enough money to live out his life comfortably and set up his kids okay.