Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

All of the reports on how many times certain Russian propaganda Facebook stories were shared/passed along... so damned depressing.  The attitude that these didn't influence the election much... it's like saying advertising doesn't work.  Heard a podcast in which they discussed just 5 such stories and how they were seen by tens of millions of Americans.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

All of the reports on how many times certain Russian propaganda Facebook stories were shared/passed along... so damned depressing.  The attitude that these didn't influence the election much... it's like saying advertising doesn't work.  Heard a podcast in which they discussed just 5 such stories and how they were seen by tens of millions of Americans.  

They didn't just effect the election but the culture. Americans are worse now than they were 2 years ago and we have two men to thank for that. Both of them are brilliant propagandists and direct their noise to those not smart enough to even notice it. If you would have told me a year ago the American majority was stupid enough to fall for this so hard I would have called you an idiot. Boy did I overestimate these people. 

And the fact that outsiders, non Americans, found it so easy to pinpoint the exact issues that are the problem only tells me its not that complicated to begin with. People just need to wake the **** up. Its too late not, though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They didn't just effect the election but the culture. Americans are worse now than they were 2 years ago and we have two men to thank for that. Both of them are brilliant propagandists and direct their noise to those not smart enough to even notice it. If you would have told me a year ago the American majority was stupid enough to fall for this so hard I would have called you an idiot. Boy did I overestimate these people. 

And the fact that outsiders, non Americans, found it so easy to pinpoint the exact issues that are the problem only tells me its not that complicated to begin with. People just need to wake the **** up. Its too late not, though. 

Great point about the culture change.  

As mindnumbingly depressing as it is, I still have a modicum of hope.  It's getting increasingly harder though to not think this is the beginning of this country's plummet.  Putin sure picked the perfect fulcrum to set the ball rolling, didn't he?

We have rules for any television and radio ad that's currently run including the fact that you have to note who it's paid for at the end of the commercial. Social media needs to adopt these standards ASAP or it will continue to be this way.  Social media sites love their money though so I'm sure it will be met with a ton of resistance. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Isifhan said:

We have rules for any television and radio ad that's currently run including the fact that you have to note who it's paid for at the end of the commercial. Social media needs to adopt these standards ASAP or it will continue to be this way.  Social media sites love their money though so I'm sure it will be met with a ton of resistance. 

That won't matter because a) no one looks at those and B) the names organizations use are misleading where some ultra right wing group will be called "Organization for Responsible Reporting" and sound legit when they arent't.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

just saw one of the rooskie troll factories received many millions in financing from well-known putin pal "the chef" oligarch whose companies do much biz with...hotels and resorts :ph34r:....all over the world...

Very interesting in deed! I wonder how long until we find out it was a Trump resort 

Someone with more legal background give me a bit more understanding of what it means to be "interviewed". It sounds rather informal but is it just a nicer sounding name for "questioned"? As in, if you lie in that interview and are found out are you just as ****ed as you would be if you had been subpoenaed and lied then?

• Thanks 2