visionary

Reuters: Five dead in Quebec City mosque shooting: mosque president

Larry   
On 2/14/2017 at 8:18 PM, visionary said:

I don't have a problem with that.  

I said the same thing after the Oklahoma City bombing.  Haul the guy into the county courthouse.  (In the case of Oklahoma City, it's a few blocks from the building he blew up.)  Prosecute him for felony murder.  The prosecution shows that:  

1) He committed a felony.

2) Somebody died.  

Leave his motive completely out of the prosecution's case.  It the defense wants to argue that "Well, he did it because . . . ", let them.  Prosecution's close well be "Defense has admitted that he did it."  (Maybe I can even move for summary judgement, and skip the jury.)  

And he still gets executed.  

• Like 1

Although true, he may still get the death penalty.  Refusing to call what he did a terrorist act, despite it being exactly what other terrorist have done is very prejudice. And many people in this country are sick of seeing the double standards. 

Jumbo   

Just wait for the avalanche of snowflakes here that will protest body-shaming young terrorists in the making. That's the real problem.

• Like 3

That mentally disturbed, non-terrorist was gonna bomb Target stores? That's crazy. Glad we don't have an epidemic of angry, white men terro- lashing out at society in this country.  Or in this case, using terror to profit in the stock market. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

LD0506   
5 hours ago, visionary said:

I'm sure his lawyers will argue it wasn't really his fault since they do put a big bullseye out front

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

I'm sure his lawyers will argue it wasn't really his fault since they do put a big bullseye out front

It's not a bullseye. It's a surveyor's symbol.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

skinny21   

As ridiculous as it is to blame the problem on Trump... I think you can certainly make the argument that he has done more for these hate groups than anyone.  

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/06/signal-received-white-nationalists-ecstatic-over-trumps-proposed-policy-change-on-terrorism/

The quotes (even if you dislike the article or source), are pretty telling/damning/alarming.

Edited by skinny21

grego   

Not sure if I'm more disturbed by the white nationalists supporting Trump or the far left in bed with the likes of Linda Sarsour. The latter confuses me more, for certain. 

Crazy times, these are. 

12 minutes ago, grego said:

Not sure if I'm more disturbed by the white nationalists supporting Trump or the far left in bed with the likes of Linda Sarsour. The latter confuses me more, for certain. 

Crazy times, these are. 

Ask the Jewish Community Centers who is more disturbing.  You could use some clarity.

grego   
2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ask the Jewish Community Centers who is more disturbing.  You could use some clarity.

Tell me what you know