Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says -- but provides no proof (and other stories not supported by the facts advanced by the Trump administration)

PeterMP

11 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

It's big news when the new president starts his term by telling lies that have already been refuted, and lies that are easily proved by just looking at a couple pictures.  It show a blatant lack of respect for the people of the United States.  So much so that it overshadows his policy agenda to some extent, because while we may not be able to agree on policy ramifications we should be able to agree on simple facts like attendance.

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Because when liars lie, get caught in the lie, and then continue lieing about the subject - it grabs peoples attention...and news companies are here to make a $. 

Cable news is entertainment first. News second (or third..or fourth). 

He exaggerates the numbers but there's a good chance we have illegals voting.

Look at all those provisionals in California and the poll workers talking about how bad things were in LA with malfunctions, inaccurate voters rolls, and staffing, what about the feedback from ex ICE agents.

The fraud numbers sound way too high but lets let them do the research and see what happens, would that hurt anyone?

8 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Look at all those provisionals in California and the poll workers talking about how things were in LA, what about the feedback from ex ICE agents.

The fraud numbers sound way too high but lets let them do the research and see what happens, would that hurt anyone?

The Republican party platform is to tighten voting laws.  This claim has been refuted by Ryan, Graham, etc, for the last two months.  Chaffetz has said he won't investigate.  Why?  Because they know it's baseless.  Studies have shown the numbers are negligible.

This is all about Trump's fragile ego.  He is lying.

add: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/house-oversight-chair-won-t-investigate-trump-s-voter-fraud-allegations

6 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Dear God Trump really is an internet comment section come to life as President 

Need somebody with photoshop skills to do a pic of Trump in a Batsuit, with the text "I'm Breitbart"  

5 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

The Republican party platform is to tighten voting laws.  This claim has been refuted by Ryan, Graham, etc, for the last two months.  Chaffetz has said he won't investigate.  Why?  Because they no it's baseless.  Studies have shown the numbers are negligible.

This is all about Trump's fragile ego.  He is lying.

add: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/house-oversight-chair-won-t-investigate-trump-s-voter-fraud-allegations

LOL, lets hope so.  I don't listen to what Trump has said, I'm talking about complaints from people who worked the voting booths in California.

I actually think there is some truth in some of the things Trump says, his problem is he exaggerates everything.

4 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

There it is, as expected. I have laid out, in detail, how this scheme will be the catalyst for permanent one party minority rule in the US. In short, we will cease to be a functioning democracy and will more closely resemble the current Russian government.

There are a number of blue/purple states right now that have GOP legislatures and GOP governors (or could, after the 2017 election). These include such significant swing states as Virginia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, and Michigan. All the GOP has to do to ensure permanent rule in Congress, the Presidency, and thus the Supreme Court, is to pass laws in each of these states declaring that electoral votes shall be awarded based on the winner in their respective (gerrymandered) congressional districts. Perfectly legal and a power granted to the states (to award EVs how they please). It is the most significant example of the GOP casting aside the norms our government has abided by, and exploiting loopholes in our system of government to the fullest extent. If/when it happens, Trump will be able to lose the popular vote in 2020 by 10m+ and still win re-election.

Sound the alarm, our system of government is on its very deathbed and desperately needs saving.

Of all the **** that has happened in 6 days, this is the most problematic. It will cause a massively divided nation beyond what we currently see. 

10 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Look at all those provisionals in California and the poll workers talking about how bad things were in LA with malfunctions, inaccurate voters rolls, and staffing, what about the feedback from ex ICE agents.

He's the President. You don't allege widespread voter fraud and undermine the legitimacy of the votes unless you actually have proof. He needs to act the way a US President should act.

The damage is done though. He legitimized a platform that the GOP has been crying about for 20+ years and has never found evidence of. 

Congrats.

5 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Has one illegal voted, ever, somewhere?  I think you'd have to be insane to argue otherwise.  

However, the matter of illegal voting has been examined.  By numerous people, in numerous places.  

Guess what?  It doesn't happen.  

just my opinion, but mainly it doesn't happen, because there's just no incentive to do it.  

Yeah, you could, in theory, go to a polling place, and claim to be somebody else, and vote.  

Granted, you'd be walking into a government polling station, probably with at least one police officer there, with a dozen or two government workers, and anywhere from 10 to 100 witnesses, (any of which might actually know the person you're impersonating.)  And committing your crime, in front of all of them.  

But odds are, you'll get away with it.  What's your odds of getting caught?  1 in 10?  1 in 100?  

But, your payoff, if you get away with it?  The prize you get, if you win?  

Congratulations.  You managed to illegally cast one vote.  Don't spend your winnings all in one place.  

But, in order to affect the election?  You're going to have to do it thousands, maybe even millions of times.  

It's like breaking into people's houses, to try to steal the change from their sofa cushions.  The reward isn't worth the risk.  

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

He's the President. You don't allege widespread voter fraud and undermine the legitimacy of the votes unless you actually have proof. He needs to act the way a US President should act.

The damage is done though. He legitimized a platform that the GOP has been crying about for 20+ years and has never found evidence of. 

Congrats.

Members on the left said the election and President were illegitimate due to the Russian hacks, the damage has already been done.

4 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Members on the left said the election and President were illegitimate due to the Russian hacks, the damage has already been done.

There's at least one difference between the two.  

The Russian hacking actually happened.  

It's a kinds important distinction.  

5 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

There it is, as expected. I have laid out, in detail, how this scheme will be the catalyst for permanent one party minority rule in the US. In short, we will cease to be a functioning democracy and will more closely resemble the current Russian government.

No joke, we are headed toward a civil war.  It's going to be protracted, bloody, decentralized, and end our status as a global superpower.

This isn't about some poor sap being insecure. That's part of the lie, the distraction.

"the principle & which is quite true in itself & that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily,"

often misquoted or paraphrased as: "The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed."

Guess where that comes from?

Hint: it has been rumored to be on trump's bedside table.

There's no way i believe this 'movement' has come this far without knowing each move it's making.  People can call me paranoid, or whatever. Maybe when it's not happening right in front of us.

~Bang

I'm okay with taking a serious look at reforming our elections, which are in fact deeply flawed.

http://theconversation.com/american-elections-ranked-worst-among-western-democracies-heres-why-56485

However the main problems we have with our elections aren't the ones Trump is focusing on. I would be more worried about the problems outlined in the above article than voter fraud.

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud

I'm afraid this hysteria about voter fraud could be used as an excuse to suppress voting even more, which will only make our elections worse than they already are.

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

There's at least one difference between the two.  

The Russian hacking actually happened.  

It's a kinds important distinction.  

We will see, investigations tend to get better results than studies.

1 hour ago, jschuck12001 said:

Why would Democrats need to commit massive voter fraud in California? It would be like Republicans trying to rig the Alabama vote. You don't need to. 

2 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

Why would Democrats need to commit massive voter fraud in California? It would be like Republicans trying to rig the Alabama vote. You don't need to. 

shhhhh....plenty of more fun ahead if people like you don't ruin it...

9 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

The answer is simple and I'm not saying that enormous amounts of fraud were committed but by winning the popular vote the Dems have the ability to push towards an agenda to get rid of the electoral college and use the popular vote to say that the majority of Americans voted for Hillary Clinton and therefore Trump is not the legitimate pick as President.

I don't believe the amount of fraud is substantial enough to change the popular vote results but I'm not going to cry if its investigated.

51 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah, you could, in theory, go to a polling place, and claim to be somebody else, and vote.  

Granted, you'd be walking into a government polling station, probably with at least one police officer there, with a dozen or two government workers, and anywhere from 10 to 100 witnesses, (any of which might actually know the person you're impersonating.)  And committing your crime, in front of all of them.  

But odds are, you'll get away with it.  What's your odds of getting caught?  1 in 10?  1 in 100?  

Actually the odds are rather high you would not get caught if the name registered had not voted there already in that election.

How many people in a polling place get your alleged name?....one where I vote

Lived in the same district for 50 yrs and can recall only one person signing you in that actually knew me personally

or do they announce them where you vote? :)

I have been challenged a few times though,which was rather amusing since they were from elsewhere

12 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

Impacts local races and ballot measures in which small margins make large impacts, and cumulatively it could add up.

1 hour ago, twa said:

Actually the odds are rather high you would not get caught if the name registered had not voted there already in that election.

How many people in a polling place get your alleged name?....one where I vote

Lived in the same district for 50 yrs and can recall only one person signing you in that actually knew me personally

or do they announce them where you vote? :)

I have been challenged a few times though,which was rather amusing since they were from elsewhere

Impacts local races and ballot measures in which small margins make large impacts, and cumulatively it could add up.

How many times have you heard of someone going to vote and being told they had already voted?  Because in your scenario, if it was widespread, that would happen a lot.  And people would know about it.

11 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

How many times have you heard of someone going to vote and being told they had already voted?  Because in your scenario, if it was widespread, that would happen a lot.  And people would know about it.

not if you used a registration for someone that moved,died ect or created your own.

double voting has certainly occurred,both in state and out.

Archived