Ron78

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't see how an OC telling a QB where to throw the ball AFTER the snap would even be practical if they could even do it. Having a guy screaming in his ear in the few seconds of action after a snap on a pass play would do nothing but distract him. 

Yeah it's just chatter every qb hears in his headset I'm sure. 

Would be cool to listen in on it though..... Everybody in the stands wearing those nascar headsets

but yeah the whole play calling thing though

Edited by Gibbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting bit about McVay telling Kirk who his first option should be. I'm curious how often Kirk banked on that.  @SkinsNoles21 do you have anything to reference or link this to?

Edited by Rattlesnake88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Interesting bit about McVay telling Kirk who his first option should be. I'm curious how often Kirk banked on that.  @SkinsNoles21 do you have anything to reference or link this to?

I don't understand why that's interesting though. If I'm oc calling in a play I'm telling my qb his first read, where to look for man coverage, everything I can relay. I'm sure bradys oc just says "you da man" before every play

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Interesting bit about McVay telling Kirk who his first option should be. I'm curious how often Kirk banked on that.  @SkinsNoles21 do you have anything to reference or link this to?

 

Wish i could find it. Will look a little more for it. 

 

I mention it because a few things were stated - 

 

Some players liked it, some players thought it hurt Kirk's growth, made it seem out of the ordinary. Not just a typical OC QB talk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gibbit said:

I don't understand why that's interesting though. If I'm oc calling in a play I'm telling my qb his first read, where to look for man coverage, everything I can relay. I'm sure bradys oc just says "you da man" before every play

It's interesting that he used that as a reason why he thinks Kirk is inferior to Johnson and Green. It is also interesting he didn't source that part of his argument. I was more curious about the details.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

 

Wish i could find it. Will look a little more for it. 

 

I mention it because a few things were stated - 

 

Some players liked it, some players thought it hurt Kirk's growth, made it seem out of the ordinary. Not just a typical OC QB talk. 

run gump run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

I I didn't like Kirk Cousins body language and especially what he said when asked if he wants to return a redskin .."that's not up to me".."the ball is not in my court"...

I know a lot of people don't like this response, it even bothers me a little bit but it is true. The players really don't have control of if they will be on the team or not.  Matt Stafford gave this same answer recently when a reporter asked if he would like to finish his career in Detriot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, skinzplay said:

He really wanted the job 2 years ago, and the defense had even less talent then.

 

He was interested the job two years ago IF we were willing to commit a certain amount of picks and FA money to the defense.

 

 

10 hours ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

 

Wish i could find it. Will look a little more for it. 

 

I mention it because a few things were stated - 

 

Some players liked it, some players thought it hurt Kirk's growth, made it seem out of the ordinary. Not just a typical OC QB talk. 

 

Yeah it is.

 

You go over certain stuff in the meeting room and during practice.  Essentially you're just saying "remember _____ on this play like we talked about."

 

That is what a coach is supposed to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

I know a lot of people don't like this response, it even bothers me a little bit but it is true. The players really don't have control of if they will be on the team or not.  Matt Stafford gave this same answer recently when a reporter asked if he would like to finish his career in Detriot.

Huh?....they might not have control and times have changed alot but...he still has a heart...and I guess at the moment when he was asked he had alot of emotions...like I do right now knowing I had come a long way according to thesubmittedone than went and ****ed it all up with a ridiculous unnecessary thread I created...

 

Edited by Nfcbeasts4721
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cousins to Brown...Captain Consistency Kirk!!! Sign this man! Antonio Brown trusts him!

 

Edited by PigskinPhat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PigskinPhat said:

Cousins to Brown...Captain Consistency Kirk!!! Sign this man! Antonio Brown trusts him!

 

 

Well that sealed it for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

 

It's because I don't think that highly of Kirk, the way he doesn't appear to think that highly of the Skins. 

 

can I get Brad in the Gruden / McVay offense with Djax Garcon Reed and Crowder or nah? 

 

Also - that because I went to a university and am a fan of a player logic is ignorant. 

 

Yeah, and the results would be similar to this team, probably a little worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oo.. what did he say>? what did he mean when he said what he said ? was it what he meant to say, or was he dropping subtle hints? Did he really mean this, or did he mean that? i know i heard words, so we must assign meaning to them beyond what they said! His body language, what did that say? Was he speaking body language, or did he have to fart?  Does he know sign language? Did he mean this when he waved his hand, or that? And most importantly, what do the Kardashians think about it, and what did he buy in the grocery store?!?!?!
 

OoOoooo !!

 

~TMZ

 

 

 

Edited by Bang
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lesson 1 about watching sports: the athlete interview is the most useless waste of time anywhere.

99.9999% of the time it's nothing but one cliché after another.

At the risk of being a self promoting hog..   this year we have had so much fun on the Bang Radio Hour listening to Bill bellichick say absolutely nothing to reporters again and again and again. 
Bow to the master. (and then credit offense, defense, special teams, water boys, equipment managers, bus drivers, stadium custodians....)

One of my favorite clips we have of him is just before the last Super Bowl he was in.. the CBS(?) guy grabbed him for a pregame word and asked him 2 quick questions .. Bill gave the exact same nothing answer VERBATIM to both questions, within about 20 seconds. Exact same words.  What a scoop!

Back to you, Jim!

 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DC9 said:

Jason Garrett:

 

2010: 5-3

2011: 8-8

2012:  8-8

2013: 8-8

2014: 12-4

2015: 4-12

2016: 13-3

 

The fan base is addicted to drama.

 

Continuity needs to happen unless Gruden is the reason we're losing games.

 

You could easily throw Norv Turner up there in his 6-7 year stints to show where continuity can sometimes get you.  Sometimes middling people are just middling people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

 

You could easily throw Norv Turner up there in his 6-7 year stints to show where continuity can sometimes get you.  Sometimes middling people are just middling people.  

Jeff Fisher fits into both categories. By year 3 in Tenn he was winning 13 games. By year three in LA he was winning 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Jeff Fisher fits into both categories. By year 3 in Tenn he was winning 13 games. By year three in LA he was winning 6.

6 wins in 3 years with the Rams? Didn't remember that... Sean has landed in a cool place then. No way he can do worse :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wildbunny said:

6 wins in 3 years with the Rams? Didn't remember that... Sean has landed in a cool place then. No way he can do worse :P

Lol. 6 wins for the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, justice98 said:

 

You could easily throw Norv Turner up there in his 6-7 year stints to show where continuity can sometimes get you.  Sometimes middling people are just middling people.  

 

Sometimes they are, yes.

 

But we don't know what Jay is yet other than he's never had a losing season anywhere as a head coach other than the one year RG3 was in full drama mode.  He's won championships in other leagues.

 

Do we have any idea if he's good enough to win in the NFL?  Nah, right now no.  I think kleese had it right that it is a good sign that we're winning most of the games against other "mediocre," teams.  That means we're on the top end of mediocre... which also means we're on the outskirts of good.

 

Hopefully we can do well this offseason adding talent and we'll be able to see what he really has.

 

That starts with signing Cousins.

49 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Jeff Fisher fits into both categories. By year 3 in Tenn he was winning 13 games. By year three in LA he was winning 6.

 

The AFC south is awful.  Rarely competitive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

That starts with signing Cousins.

 

Which is not in the hands of Jay, but more in Scot, Bruce and Schaeffer's business. As if you ask Jay over the matter he would answer; "Damn, why isn't he signed already?"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DC9 said:

 

 

The AFC south is awful.  Rarely competitive.

Yeah except that year (99), they went 13-3, didn't even win the division, then went on to beat the division winners and the team with the best record in the NFL, Jacksonville, before coming within a yard of winning the siperbowl.

 

Weird. Jaguars went 0-3 against Titans that year and 15-0 against rest of NFL.

Edited by PartyPosse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bang said:

Lesson 1 about watching sports: the athlete interview is the most useless waste of time anywhere.

 

Disagree. The GM interview is slightly worse. The Coach interview maybe very slightly better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah except that year (99), they went 13-3, didn't even win the division, then went on to beat the division winners and the team with the best record in the NFL, Jacksonville, before coming within a yard of winning the siperbowl.

 

Fisher made a ton of money off of that year.

 

Just like Norv is still making money off the Triplets.

 

Gruden has neither of those.  He's still an unknown. To say he's perfect would be a lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DC9 said:

 

Fisher made a ton of money off of that year.

 

Just like Norv is still making money off the Triplets.

 

Gruden has neither of those.  He's still an unknown. To say he's perfect would be a lie.

Dunno man. Titans won 11+ games in 4 of 5 seasons and always made it to at least round 2 (including bye weeks)

 

im just stating that some coaches can figure it out by year 3 and some can't. Fisher is one of those that fits into both.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.