@SkinsGoldPants

2017 Washington Nationals: “Man, Kolko, we should do this more often.”

3,088 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

C41YjvwUcAAU8ih.jpg

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
2 people like this

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Kick off the New Year right: Noah Syndergaard calling Harper a douche on Instagram: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/noah-syndergaard-leaves-unflattering-comment-on-bryce-harpers-instagram-230051028.html

I thought it was a fake account. 

Welp. Syndergaard was just listing all the injuries from last year. Replies were brutal. Calling him a whiner. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I love it! Add some spice to the rivalry. Now EVERYONE will be gunning for Noah next year.

And his first start of the season at Nats Park I hope the fans serenade him with a douche bag chant...

Edited by Popeman38
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Kind of ironic...Harper never goes on completely unrealted Instagram post to call someone a douche.

Maybe Syndergaard should concentrate on holding baserunners instead.

Edited by Riggo#44
2 people like this

Harper might be one. See pics of him as a really little kid with his brother. They are wearing Cowboys or ND or Duke or Yankees gear. I put that one on Dad for teaching that you root for the front runner. 

But end of the day, Bryce has embraced DC even if he still loves the teams that I listed. He doesn't rub in our faces. That counts for something.

1 person likes this

It's incredibly easy to come off as a douche when you are a confident, good looking young guy who's great at what he does and is unapologetic about it.

I still have yet to see anything that suggests to me that he us truly a dickhead.

5 people like this

If you've had any actual interaction with Harper, you wouldn't call him a douche.

Like Sinister said, he's confident, maybe a little hot tempered, but he he isn't a douche. Grayson Allen is a douche. Jonathan Papelbon is a douche. Brian McCann is a douche.

14 minutes ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Is it baseball season yet? 

Seriously...

92 days until Opening Day...for Jayson's Farewell tour...

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

If you've had any actual interaction with Harper, you wouldn't call him a douche.

Like Sinister said, he's confident, maybe a little hot tempered, but he he isn't a douche. Grayson Allen is a douche. Jonathan Papelbon is a douche. Brian McCann is a douche.

The single personal interaction I've had with him was incredibly positive. I ran into him spending a day at the National Zoo with his fiancé, and not wanting to make a scene, I approached cautiously and asked him how his thumb was doing (he was on the DL at the time). He was very gracious and chatted with me for a second, and as I was walking away he shouted at me so I turned back around just to say, "Hey, thanks for asking."  Don't even care that he was wearing a cowboys hat that day, he was great with me as a fan during a random encounter in public.

3 people like this

I'm ready for MLB to start. At least the Nats are nice enough to have kick ass regular seasons before breaking our hearts.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm ready for MLB to start. At least the Nats are nice enough to have kick ass regular seasons before breaking our hearts.

I know...even though I am very nervous about this year...

Totally depressed. Went to Skins game today. Sat 3 rows from the field. In a sea of Giants fans. 

DC sports will gut you...

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Good to hear.  Hope MASN Dan Kolko is back on board, too.

-----------

Spring training single game tickets are not on sale until January 14.  There will be three price tiers of tickets, depending, presumably, on the opponent -

"Regular," "Prime" and "Marquee." For example the best seats, called Home Plate Box, will cost $42 for Regular, $55 for Prime, and $65 for Marquee.

Posted (edited)

$65? We paid 1/3rd that last year for 4 rows behind the plate. Sitting among scouts, which was really cool.

Looking forward to Spring Training, even if I am worried about this year. 

Edited by Riggo#44

55 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

$65? We paid 1/3rd that last year for 4 rows behind the plate. Sitting among scouts, which was really cool.

Looking forward to Spring Training, even if I am worried about this year. 

Theyre in the new stadium this year though, right?

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Theyre in the new stadium this year though, right?

Yes, no doubt that's why the price almost tripled. I don't disparage the upping--gotta pay for it somehow right?

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yes, no doubt that's why the price almost tripled. I don't disparage the upping--gotta pay for it somehow right?

Yeah exactly.

1 person likes this

How do you tier price spring training games? You have no clue what players are even traveling. What a scam.