Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

I still think have a legitimate shot at Pryor.

I think he's waiting on the some kind of clarification on the Browns QB situation/plans.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

What's the latest on Pryor? 

Nothing to See or Hear yet.

Just now, DM72 said:

I still think have a legitimate shot at Pryor.

Same here.  He thought he was going to get top tier offerings and the Browns offer was a lot lower, I heard on NFL Network that it was around what they signed Britt for (8 million/yr).  Pryor thinks he can get more than that, but time is on our side, the longer he is on the market, the better chance we have to snag him.

11 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I check profballtalk regular in this FA periode. Never have seen so many Redskins posts.

And we only signed three second tire FA''s!!!!.

Don't go on espn and click on the football tab... no bueno

1 hour ago, fordranger76 said:

Exactly. Plenty of talent in the draft for a high end pick. No need to sign a back on his last legs and waste cap space in the process on it especially when we have fresh legs on the roster already.

The reason you get a FA is to not use a draft pick. That's the point, FA net loss is only money. Has nothing to do with whats in the draft rather keeps the options open.

I guess narrowing in on just using a high pick on the RB position is the way you guys want to go with this. I don't and think thatt doesn't work this year. Why? Because our coach isn't about to commit to a bell cow RB in the first place, not his style of offense. Don't care if Walter Peyton was here, he's not going to give any of them 300 carries a season. So why use a draft pick on someone riding the bench? Of course we need another RB so we have to address that regardless and can't ignore it.

Option A - We can use the draft pick on a Defensive starter who will see the field and use FA to get another back. We address the RB with cash and Defense with pick. Gets two players who are starters with one draft pick

Option B - Or we get a RB with the draft and the defensive starter comes from nowhere. Cool story

This is just about using our resources correctly and given the choices of what is in FA and what is in the draft its the better way to manage it

Archived