DC9

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

3 minutes ago, FrFan said:

he doesn't seem to draw a lot of interest from other teams.

Titans had an interest as that's where he's from.

The rest of the league probably knows he's sticking with NE once his market value has been set. 

• Like 1

Any more news available on Logan, if he signs and we can pick up a MLB as well. We can move on to the draft .

HTTR 

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Why did ESPN release story we signed Logan yesterday. That was bogus

Get Hightower on Redskin 1, let's go already

I think it was a fake Schefter account.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hightower is going to command a ton of money. That is no longer how we operate in FA.

Agreed. But I am surprised we havent kicked the tires on Minter. Maybe he is asking for more than he is worth.

Sometimes things slow down because the free agents want more than anyone is willing to give them.  They shop around to 5-6 teams and then after a week or so reality sets in.  They realize they arent worth what they thought they were, and they start to get serious in price.  Theres a lull because it takes some time to realize that.

• Like 1

Better to fill holes in FA, allowing you to take the best players in the draft rather than the ones you need. We could really use at least one ILB in FA

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

We might be waiting until the draft to get an ILB.

The interesting thing is at the combine we interviewed a LOT of safeties and DLinemen, but not a single ILB.  Almost seemed to point to us assuredly going after S and DL early in the draft.

Maybe we plan to switch to a 4-3?  That would make more sense why we are trying to bring in in 3 DT types, and if we do switch, we only have one ILB position instead of 2.

Posted (edited)

The past two drafts our 1st round pick was somebody that was never linked to us throughout the process. Scheriff and Doctson.

Edited by lavar1156
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

The interesting thing is at the combine we interviewed a LOT of safeties and DLinemen, but not a single ILB.  Almost seemed to point to us assuredly going after S and DL early in the draft.

Maybe we plan to switch to a 4-3?  That would make more sense why we are trying to bring in in 3 DT types, and if we do switch, we only have one ILB position instead of 2.

3-4 backers and 4-3 backer are not the same thing though. We'd need to look at replacing all of the LB's then.

If we could only sign one of the following positions in FA, which would you choose?

Solid DL (Hankins, Logan, Poe type)

Solid ILB (Hightower, Brown, Minter type)

In a perfect world, we'd get one of each, but if we only end up signing one, which position do you think is more important to fill prior to the draft?

28 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Sometimes things slow down because the free agents want more than anyone is willing to give them.  They shop around to 5-6 teams and then after a week or so reality sets in.  They realize they arent worth what they thought they were, and they start to get serious in price.  Theres a lull because it takes some time to realize that.

That usually happens and they start taking 1 year prove it deals and can relaunched free agency the following year. The number of 1 year contracts in phase 1 of free agency has been surprising. Usually takes more than a week for those left out of the musical chairs to take those deals.

We need LBs bad. I do not want to see the duo of suck that is Compton and Foster again.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

If we could only sign one of the following positions in FA, which would you choose?

Solid DL (Hankins, Logan, Poe type)

Solid ILB (Hightower, Brown, Minter type)

In a perfect world, we'd get one of each, but if we only end up signing one, which position do you think is more important to fill prior to the draft?

I'd go after a DL. Build from the trenches. Draft a ILB  and Derrick Barnet early and look for another ILB later. See where Stephen Daniels is. Go from there

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Pass rusher in the draft please. All that matters in today's NFL style of defense. The only thing the NFL hasn't figured out how to slow down on defense.

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We need LBs bad. I do not want to see the duo of suck that is Compton and Foster again.

I agree there. The spine of the D was so soft last year I guess I'll be happy with whatever we can get prior to the draft. Having picked up two DL bodies already probably has me agreeing that an ILB may be the better move if we only get one of the two before the draft.  That way we can go pure BPA (which may be a pipe dream with Allen at the controls) in the draft. 

it seems no one thinks Spaight can earn  starting job?