Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

6 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

If we sign Logan, don't see us getting anyone else. Or am I wrong.

Not if he wants a one year deal, and if we don't do any work on existing contracts to make space. Im hoping they are having a busy day behind the scenes and before the day is out we have 2 more in with a bit of balancing the books to go with it.

The Pryor deal is very beneficial short term to the redskins and it doesnt hurt us long term. I'm actually suprised at how cheap we got him and I prefer him to both DJax and garcon. 

Wish it were a longer term deal but still one of the best moves in free agency thus far. 

Liked swearinger pre draft but his play for the texans made me glad we didnt waste a pick on him. hopefully he has gotten better. 

Weve solidified the no1 and 2 reciever slots but need to strongly consider using a high or mid round pick on a reciever. 

If the 'Skins made a late strong push to keep Jackson, and he still signed with the Bucs, that's gotta mean it was purely for the money.  I don't have an issue with it, get what you can while you can, but that is what I expected would go down with D-Jax & Garcon this offseason, which is that his value to other teams would be high enough that they would pay them more than our front office was willing to.

11 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

The Pryor deal is very beneficial short term to the redskins and it doesnt hurt us long term. I'm actually suprised at how cheap we got him and I prefer him to both DJax and garcon. 

Wish it were a longer term deal but still one of the best moves in free agency thus far. 

Liked swearinger pre draft but his play for the texans made me glad we didnt waste a pick on him. hopefully he has gotten better. 

Weve solidified the no1 and 2 reciever slots but need to strongly consider using a high or mid round pick on a reciever. 

I can see using a mid round pick, but with Pryor, Doctson and Crowder, then Harris as a 4th, I like that. I don't see a need to spend a high round pick on a WR. 

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If the 'Skins made a late strong push to keep Jackson, and he still signed with the Bucs, that's gotta mean it was purely for the money.  I don't have an issue with it, get what you can while you can, but that is what I expected would go down with D-Jax & Garcon this offseason, which is that his value to other teams would be high enough that they would pay them more than our front office was willing to.

Gotta remember that there is no income tax in FL so even if we made a push, it could have been a big difference still. I'm good with Djax signing elsewhere..he's just too fragile and gets hurt too often. Now that he's 30, it will happen even more. 

23 hours ago, bobandweave said:

I feel you just saying the options for improving the team in other positions is much less then at the backs position in free agency now. Use that to avoid locking in on a RB in the draft so when them other teams are taking backs quality players slip to us in the draft

Well Jay has already said he's comfortable with Fatty as the two down back and Thompson has already been tendered.  I'm not sure he needs to say more than that and with him calling plays I'm sure we'll be moving the football at the same rate.  With these bigguns' at WR and TE the red zone issues SHOULD be gone when coupled with Jay's play calling.

If one of these RBs is available we'll take him.  LG is more important for me unless there is a Fourinette sitting there mid-2nd and we want to spend the extra 4 to move up.

23 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I can see using a mid round pick, but with Pryor, Doctson and Crowder, then Harris as a 4th, I like that. I don't see a need to spend a high round pick on a WR. 

I can see it. Doctsons situation is an unknown, Pryor is likely a one year rental, and Harris probably sucks. Like Doc last year, this could potentially be a down the road pick, as well as the potential for solid contribution in year one (like I hoped Doctson would be last year)

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I can see it. Doctsons situation is an unknown, Pryor is likely a one year rental, and Harris probably sucks. Like Doc last year, this could potentially be a down the road pick, as well as the potential for solid contribution in year one (like I hoped Doctson would be last year)

Pryor might be a rental, but so might Kirk. So, should we spend a 1st rounder in a QB? We don't know where Doctons is, true, but he has had a year in the system to know the playbook, so I expect a little something out of him. I think Harris is a upgrade from Grant (who definitely sucks). So, while I can see it, I would not like it, especially if we still have other glaring issues. I'd take a RB before a WR at this point. Besides if Kirk gets a LTD done, Pryor might want to do the same.

6 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Man... if we could get Logan and Hightower I'd ****ing **** myself.

Ideal draft scenario on top of that:

Trade down, get Budda Baker in the first, Jarrad Davis in the second and a Guard/DE in 2nd/3rd (depending on what we get for trading down).

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

See, I would normally say if a receiver is the highest on your board at 17, you take him regardless. You don't 'window dress' your board just because you're strong in a position. As the great Ron Wolfe said, 'If you feel good at a position, Kepp drafting it! (Have 2 of them!).

But then we've just binned our top evaluator and have an absolute bellend running our draft. So F knows what we'll do! 

Hail. 

6 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Pryor might be a rental, but so might Kirk. So, should we spend a 1st rounder in a QB? We don't know where Doctons is, true, but he has had a year in the system to know the playbook, so I expect a little something out of him. I think Harris is a upgrade from Grant (who definitely sucks). So, while I can see it, I would not like it, especially if we still have other glaring issues. I'd take a RB before a WR at this point. Besides if Kirk gets a LTD done, Pryor might want to do the same.

I couldn't see a 1st being spent on s QB just because this years crop seems pretty light. Next year, sure I could see that.

I'd agree with you that taking a wr this year may not be what you want but I can understand the rationale. Whether Kirk is here or not, you need as many weapons as possible to keep this offense QB friendly

17 minutes ago, DC9 said:

If one of these RBs is available we'll take him.  LG is more important for me unless there is a Fourinette sitting there mid-2nd and we want to spend the extra 4 to move up.

I want Taylor Moton drafted for LG, might not work where we end up picking but he's my OL choice early in the draft.

Doug Free's retiring in case it's not been posted. 

Leave's Dallas a little bit weaker in their major strength area. The OL. Chaz Green is promising but not sure if they'll roll with him at RT. Might kick Collins out to tackle but then that leaves them short at guard with Leary gone. 

F'ers are messing with my draft strategy this FA! But good from a Redskin standpoint. 

Hail. 

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

See, I would normally say if a receiver is the highest on your board at 17, you take him regardless. You don't 'window dress' your board just because you're strong in a position. As the great Ron Wolfe said, 'If you feel good at a position, Kepp drafting it! (Have 2 of them!).

But then we've just binned our top evaluator and have an absolute bellend running our draft. So F knows what we'll do! 

Hail. 

What are you talking about?

Bruce picked the best players on the team.  Trent Murphy, Bash Breeland.... oh

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I want Taylor Moton drafted for LG, might not work where we end up picking but he's my OL choice early in the draft.

I trust ya'll who do the watching of football.  I haven't been able to pick out a legit o-linemen ever.  I liked Jake Kirkpatrick and Selvish Capers EARLY in the draft.  But I know my LBs and I know QBs for the most part.

Defensive linemen snap counts 2016:

Chris Baker  –  782 (71.22%)
Rod Hood  –  660 (60.11%)
Ricky Jean-Francois  –  439 (39.98%)
Cullen Jenkins  – 307 (27.96%)

Matthew Ioannidis  –  102 (9.29%)
Anthony Lanier  – 48 (4.37%)
Kendall Reyes  – 37 (3.37%)
Kedric Golston  –  29 (2.64%)

We only had 4 defensive linemen play significant snaps last year. If we sign Logan and draft one in the 1st or 2nd round (we will -- Bruce Allen drafts for need), we will have added 4 linemen who can take all of our necessary snaps.

On top of that, we have Ioannidis and Lanier as young, developing talent who can step in and play when necessary. i.e. the very definition of backup depth.

Rod Hood can be brought back at the minimum. That's what RJF is worth. We don't need him; he was part of the problem (like Baker) and he's 30 (like Baker). He's as good as gone.

Archived