Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, anyone want to take a guess how much it will cost us taxpayers to secure the Trump Tower White House?

LadySkinsFan

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

I agree.  That's why I voted for Hillary.

:)

But I am willing to see what Trump will do, though that does not mean I won't complain if he does something I disagree with or think is bad for the country.

Same with me brother, well I didn't vote because I have a past and well I can't. Complain all you want if he does something stupid, that's your right. I just don't understand why everyone is complaining now? The only thing he's done so far is go on 60 minutes and back peddle on some of the hottest issues during the debate, like all those politicians do. He isn't going to do half of what he said he will do, none of them do that. Trump isn't going to be the absolute worst or the absolute best one we ever had, and will land somewhere in the middle when its all said and done but lets get to what he does before we forget that our party lines may be wounded but our country is at stake here and that's what really matters.

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

I agree.  That's why I voted for Hillary.

:)

But I am willing to see what Trump will do, though that does not mean I won't complain if he does something I disagree with or think is bad for the country.

Or you'll just spend hours scouring Twitter for every doomsday, tin foil hat conspiracy tweet you can find and then post them here so it freaks LSF out even more...

47 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'm not sure of the cost issue, but as a logistical issue... can you imagine NYC traffic with a Presidential motorcade added on top of it!

I'd certainly assume they'll chopper him in and out. 

Means they'll have to be concerned about people on rooftops with missiles and things. But I assume NYC worries about that already. 

22 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Same with me brother, well I didn't vote because I have a past and well I can't.....

I aren't prying as your personal life is your own and yours alone. Certainly not for a public message board. Just interesting to me that there's something that precludes you from voting. Over here, unless you're a Member of the House of Lords, currently serving a prison sentence, or have been guilty of election fraud every British/ Rep. of Ireland born citizen over 18 is eligible to vote. 

But we'll leave that there. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

You guys need to put the country first and stop complaining about an election that has already been decided. Its time everyone supported the Commander in Chief elect because its for the good of the country. The country didn't want to elect Hillary and we didn't. That's the way it is. Complaining non stop about the winner won't change that, you can't change that, thinking you can is delussional. You can't change anything.

The Democrats lost. Accept it. You lost the House, you lost the Senate, you lost the White House. Accept it.

Now we are all going to deal with President Trump both the good and the bad, and complaining 24/7 before he actually does anything only shows you never gave him a chance in the first place. Is that the message you want to send? Worrying about things that haven't happened and likely won't happen and for what? Because your side lost. We need to come together now and put this election behind us.

Well, if he wasn't doing stupid **** before he got into office, maybe people would wait until then.  Dude is trying to have his cake and eat it, too.  Secret Service is not going to let him live his normal lifestyle, and that's to protect him. He should have thought of that before accepting this level of responsibility, it comes with the territory.

On 11/17/2016 at 4:13 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

So, anyone want to take a guess how much it will cost us taxpayers to secure the Trump Tower White House ?

Easier if he just builds a wall around the Trump Towers, and insist that bordering New Jersey foot the bill.

And if Gov. Christie doesn't have the money, then maybe Christie will block the bridge leading from NJ towards the Trump Tower

On 11/17/2016 at 5:00 PM, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Idk, as much as it cost for the Obamas to take vacations to Hawaii or Bush to stay at his ranch in Texas.

Geezis crust, politics is so cyclical and hypocritical. When Bush was Pres, we complained about the amount of time he spent at the ranch. When Obama was Pres, Repubs complained about the cost of his vacations. Now, before he is even sworn in ... we are complaining about the Trump Tower.

It's embarrassing that Americans demand the person elected as their leader as if under house arrest and pinching pennies.  Part of the job is to project an image of strength and stability.  Hard to pull off that particular look when elected leaders and media are sitting at the next table loudly discussing why the President didn't order the chicken.  The world know the US is rich and powerful, so to them this looks like Bill Gates complaining about the check. 

The Presidency is a job, just assign it a budget for personal excursions and allow President to use all or none of it as he sees fit and leave it at that. 

On 11/17/2016 at 5:30 PM, Burgold said:

I'm not sure of the cost issue, but as a logistical issue... can you imagine NYC traffic with a Presidential motorcade added on top of it!

Helicopters. Yes, Trump towers has a helipad. 

On 11/17/2016 at 5:32 PM, skinsmarydu said:

It happened the other night, and was a nightmare. 

*Oh, and heaven forbid we haven't covered the ceilings in 24-karat gold yet, like his penthouse.*  Yes, he has gold toilets for his exceptional ****.

He actually does not live in the penthouse. He has 2 floors somewhere in the middle of the building. 

40 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Helicopters. Yes, Trump towers has a helipad. 

He actually does not live in the penthouse. He has 2 floors somewhere in the middle of the building. 

WHATEVER!   It's still a logistical nightmare.

No matter which floor he lives on, he's covered in gold, unless magazine pics from 25 years ago weren't enough, I think People Magazine.

(Sorry, I didn't mean to yell.  I'll breathe now, at some point, you know, when I can...)

Craziest thing ever is seeing Isaac Hayes' gold plated Cadillac at the Stax museum!

Trump inherited his fortune and business from his father, and yet he still has the cheesiest awful nouveau riche taste if pics are anything to go by.

If I had FU money you would see the most beautiful wood paneling, flooring, and cabinetry in your life. I'm talking figured claro walnut, purpleheart accents, zebrawood....

I know you are so skeptical of a Trump Presidency, but maybe you should look at the facts, not the hype:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/17/attorney-trump-companies-employ-more-female-execs-than-male-video/

Donald Trump employs more women than men at the upper echelons of his real estate empire, and in many cases pays them more, according to the Republican presidential candidate’s attorney.

Appearing on “CNN’s New Day” with Chris Cuomo, Michael Cohen, Trump’s general counsel and an executive vice president at Trump Organization, said that while the billionaire’s companies employ 57 percent men and 43 percent women, “there are more female executives at the Trump Organization than there are male.”

“And women who are similarly situated in positions similar to that of their male counterparts, are actually paid more,” Cohen said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/17/attorney-trump-companies-employ-more-female-execs-than-male-video/#ixzz4QPmHG2wI

And that is from a business man, not someone running for President (contrast that to Obama's White House where they pay women less than men):

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-white-house-still-pays-women-less-than-men/article/2595740

Obama White House still pays women less than men

By ASHE SCHOW (@ASHESCHOW) • 7/6/16 1:38 PM

If activists are going to use median annual salaries to claim women are paid less than men, then they ought to be consistent and call outPresident Obama's White House.

Female staffers in the White House earn 89 cents for ever dollar that male staffers earn. That's on par with one of the numbers often reported for the misleading "gender wage gap," which finds women earning 77 or 78 or 89 cents to a man's dollar.

American Enterprise Scholar Mark J. Perry, who analyzed the White House data, found the median salary for the White House's 271 female staffers to be $68,658, while the median salary for the 198 male staffers was $76,928 in 2016.

"Therefore, female staffers in the Obama White House currently earn 89.25% of the median salary for male staffers, or 89.25 cents for every $1 men earn, and there is a 10.75% gender pay gap at the Obama White House," Perry wrote. "That pay gap is slightly smaller than the 15.8% gender pay gap at the White House last year, but is still more than 2.5 times greater than the average gender pay gap for the Washington, D.C., labor market of only 4% according to the most recent data available from the Department of Labor."

The man just paid 25 million dollars to make a fraud case go away. I'm sure part of that is they didn't want it hanging over the presidency, but you don't pay 25 million dollars unless you have something to hide or your lawyers tell you that you are in for a very bad day.

15 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Craziest thing ever is seeing Isaac Hayes' gold plated Cadillac at the Stax museum!

Trump inherited his fortune and business from his father, and yet he still has the cheesiest awful nouveau riche taste if pics are anything to go by.

If I had FU money you would see the most beautiful wood paneling, flooring, and cabinetry in your life. I'm talking figured claro walnut, purpleheart accents, zebrawood....

But he's just a regular all-American guy.

Generally I'm not too mad about presidential expenditures (or vacations), so long as they handle the business of the Presidency effectively.

If the expenses get extreme and totally unneeded, then I'll be a little concerned, especially if despite the expense he can't fully do the job.  I will say I am more concerned about Trump than I have been about others in that space due to the way he ran his campaign, but it's worth seeing how he does before jumping on him.

Archived