Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

I welcome the Hawaiian lady to the party but I have to say her reason for ever even being a Republican is infuriatingly dumb. Just some passive aggressive, buck the tide, "look at me, I'm different" bull****. And from what i gather that was the entirety of it. So it's not like she changed or the party changed. She just grew up. But whatever. We're all dumb at some point in life. At least it wasn't forever. 

7 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I welcome the Hawaiian lady to the party but I have to say her reason for ever even being a Republican is infuriatingly dumb. Just some passive aggressive, buck the tide, "look at me, I'm different" bull****. And from what i gather that was the entirety of it. So it's not like she changed or the party changed. She just grew up. But whatever. We're all dumb at some point in life. At least it wasn't forever. 

Hey look, another post where anyone who isn't a dem is dumb.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I get why you don't want to be a Democrat, same reason I'm not. But why would you stay as a Republican?

I am not, nor have I ever been, a Republican. I have not voted Rep for President since McCain (be honest, neither Romney nor Trump is a true Rep - Romney is a northeast Rep which makes him a Dem in every other area of the country, and Trump is Trump - whatever helps Trump). I have voted Dem in the VA state elections about 50% of the time, dependent on the candidate. I have voted Dem for the county board about 50% of the time, again based on speaking to the candidates about the issues.

6 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

I am not, nor have I ever been, a Republican. I have not voted Rep for President since McCain (be honest, neither Romney nor Trump is a true Rep - Romney is a northeast Rep which makes him a Dem in every other area of the country, and Trump is Trump - whatever helps Trump). I have voted Dem in the VA state elections about 50% of the time, dependent on the candidate. I have voted Dem for the county board about 50% of the time, again based on speaking to the candidates about the issues.

My question was more rhetorical in nature. Seeing what the GOP has become, the party of corporate shills and haven of bigots, I simply don't get why any real Conservative would remsin in the party. 

There is no alternative party for conservatives.  Many in my family are lifelong Republicans.  They are conservatives.  Are they going to start voting Democrat simply because the Republican party has drastically changed over the last 8 years?  No.  What's going to happen is Donald Trump's GoP and his messaging will eventually become normalized to them and they will change to conform to the rest of the party.  This is how human beings work.  And the GoP is really good at messaging to their base and they have a fully formed propaganda media edifice that their base listens to and it facilitates this process of conforming to the party in a widespread, efficient way.

On 3/25/2017 at 1:19 PM, visionary said:

This is my district.

"poised" is far too optimistic.  This is Chamber of Commerce republican territory, with a population that is affluent and well educated.  Trump may have only squeaked by with a 1 point win, but that's because of his own flaws and troubles connecting with that demographic, not because we have a tight electorate overall.  Don't forget Price won by 24 points.  

Ossoff seems a lock to make the runoff.  From there I think it depends a lot on his opponent.  A "check on T" opponent will be tough to beat.  A down the line T supporter will be much easier for him.  

If Ossoff gets 40% in the runoff, he'll be the first D to break that barrier in 20 years.  If he wins, he'll be the first D to do so in almost 40 years.  Nothing is "poised"

Sadly I was at work yesterday and not able to take advantage of this:

Edited by Bliz

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So nobody on this board cares that they sold our browsing history for chump change?

I absolutely care. I thought conservatives cared about privacy, government/corporations not being in your business, and championing the causes of the little guy.

Wait I never thought that I know better. Of course Republicans sided with big business and corporate America. Who needs privacy when there's money to be made.

Just now, clietas said:

I absolutely care. I thought conservatives cared about privacy, government/corporations not being in your business, and championing the causes of the little guy.

Wait I never thought that I know better. Of course Republicans sided with big business and corporate America. Who needs privacy when there's money to be made.

Republicans have been against privacy since at least the Patriot Act.  ESPECIALLY when their party is in power, nevermind how their political opponents might use it in the future.

Just now, Springfield said:

Republicans have been against privacy since at least the Patriot Act.  ESPECIALLY when their party is in power, nevermind how their political opponents might use it in the future.

True but they don't want people to really realize it. Same way conservatives rail against government when their on the outside looking in. They get in though and suddenly government ain't so bad. AHCA bill was a prime example of that.