Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

This whole affair is a good refresher on why the GOP must be crushed. I can't believe the level of stupidity we're dealing with here. You got Kilmer arguing that Trump is all the lefts fault and Repubkicans don't actually like him. You got twa defending him for hours and then coming back and saying "I haven't supported Trump's statements." This new idiot defends the racist president's racist remarks by calling the black athlete lazy and insolent and calls that "typical" but if I were to point out his racism it's going to be met with "oh, everyone who disagrees with you gets called a racist."

Whatever people.

You should try to comprehend better and do less editorializing.  Actually this rant seems to place you beyond hope...

Trump is an attention whore. He had to say something really stupid (not like he doesn't do that already) to make sure people keep on saying Trump on the digital platform that will be there forever on Google's servers after he is long gone and 6 feet under. He might not be known for being a good president but he will be remembered regardless. So for Trump, mission accomplished. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Of course. Which is why he ignored it. 

Previously asked and answered.  Typical of his entitlement mentality.  Which is why is undeclared "protest" coincided with his being benched and only ripened into a "protest" after he was called in the media.

Personally, I'm ill at ease with people not standing, but I'll tell you what I told my parents when I was a teacher. I told them that if their convictions were so strong that they could not in good conscience allow their kids to recite the Pledge of Allegiance I wanted them to at least stand silently and respectfully. Most of them liked that compromise. They were not being asked to Pledge to a God they didn't worship, but understood the symbolism of showing respect to their child's native country.

Kneeling at the Anthem feels much the same. They are not giving the Anthem the "bird" they are not mooning the Anthem. They are respectfully kneeling, actually in a position of prayer or supplication. It's hard for me to really get enraged about that. Moreover, one of the biggest "lies" of the Trump follower and Trump himself is that they were sick of PCism. How can you be a champion of anti-PCism and get your feathers ruffled over this? 

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thanks.  I have often thought about sharing my thoughts of you personally but have chosen to keep my opinion to myself regarding that out of respect.  

You do not know me.  You know nothing of my dignity, humanity, compassion, or empathy.  I would tell you where you can stick your opinion, but I don't need to see TK's hammer.

I'm seeing you compare peaceful protesters who opposing injustice to Nazi Germany while actual American Nazis have killed people this year. (And to be clear, Hitler's Nazis were inspired by our nation's actions here)

You already told us who you are.

21 minutes ago, readonly said:

To be sure, the NFL is not a public forum it is a private forum, and protests at NFL events can lawfully be snuffed out by the league or the owners at any time.  I don't think these protests have done anything to improve the discussion in this country.  And the league is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  If the protests escalate, they will lose fans.  If they take action to prohibit the protests, a different group of fans will leave.

Uh, no, it is a public forum broadcast across free television airwaves as regulated by the FCC. it is a public forum in that it's spectators have the choice to view or buy a ticket or not. They are on a stage. 

The league did the right thing by telling the President to go get ****ed.

if the trumpsters want to leave,, go for it. If the others want to, go for it.

there is no shortage of fans who won't, for either reason. 

Boycotters = internet rage warriors who are completely full of ****. Completely.

~Bang

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You know what? I'm going to stop watching NFL games as a form of protest. Only the ones on FOX though.

Ouch. Ya got me.

Good thing you announced it. It's not a protest until you announce it.

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Tomlin is a boss.  Much respect.

He's doing it for the dumbest reason though. He doesn't want to play politics but people will not interpret it as that.

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I'm seeing you compare peaceful protesters to Nazis while actual Nazis have killed people this year. 

You already told us who you are.

I did so to make a point about free speech.  I actually referenced the people that peacefully protested.  But because you seem to be confused about where I stand, let me make something clear:

I IN NO WAY APPROVE OF OR SUPPORT THE MESSAGE OF THE WHITE SUPREMACISTS AND AM AGAINST EVERYTHING THEY STAND FOR!!!

Clear?

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

He's doing it for the dumbest reason though. He doesn't want to play politics but people will not interpret it as that.

I don't think it's a dumb reason at all.  I'm all about that free speech and ideological purity tests from either fringe regarding something as flimsy as pre-game anthems don't affect me at all.

Tomlin is a boss and this is a strong, fair play.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Tomlin is a boss and this is a strong, fair play.

I agree....

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You think he is lazy and kneeled without any prior thought to it because he is entitled? 

I think he was being a poor sport because he was not starting.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

As much as I am enjoying this discussion, everyone here is aware that Jax is up on the Ravens 44-0 and Flacco has been benched right?  I just want to make sure everyone is up on important current events.

I am aware. The Ravens ****ed my parlay to hell. Apparently Bortles was bitten by a radioactive spider last night while sleeping...

4 hours ago, redskinss said:

t the left is their blatant hypocrisy when it comes to using employers to push their social agendas. 

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Why is this so hard for some of you? 

Who has been fired for protesting gay marriage?

I think people have been fired recently for going to KKK-like rallies however....

In fairness, I thought Buzz's point about us cheering the firings of Nazis was interesting and it made me think about it. Ultimately, I think I'm okay with those Nazi employees being fired for their off-time actions while I'd be pretty unhappy with NFL players getting the boot. I do think both groups of owners have a right to protect their businesses from boycotts, bad affiliations, etc. In this sense, I support too the cake maker not being forced to bake the Swaztika cake and though it makes me sadder, I probably support the jerk bakery chefs who won't bake a cake for a gay wedding.

Now, Kaep has probably been blackballed for his behavior. I'm leery of that, but they have the right. I'm leery because I don't like McCarthyism and I don't like monopolistic actions, but even though I think they are very different things it is the same fruit. It's just comparing Gala apples to poison crabapples.

The biggest difference here is that it isn't the NFL saying "Don't protest or else!" It's right wing news media and now government officials. The right wing news media certainly has the right to voice its opinions through commentaries and op-eds. It doesn't have the right to force the NFL owners or their players into acting how they prefer. The government absolutely shouldn't tell people what kind of political speech is acceptable or not. 

32 minutes ago, readonly said:

To be sure, the NFL is not a public forum it is a private forum, and protests at NFL events can lawfully be snuffed out by the league or the owners at any time.  I don't think these protests have done anything to improve the discussion in this country.  And the league is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  If the protests escalate, they will lose fans.  If they take action to prohibit the protests, a different group of fans will leave.

The NFL is bound by the legal agreements it has made (the CBA and the individual player contracts) plus other laws related to employment.  I doubt they could easily quash the protest even if they wanted to.

That's where Trump's comments were stupid to start with.  If an owner fired a player for not standing, they'd almost certainly get sued.

Leave it too the Steelers to come up with the best solution to the Anthem controversy. They are staying in their locker room.  This avoids disrespecting the country and allows those who want to protest to send a more appropriate protest (By not having the team on the field).

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

In fairness, I thought Buzz's point about us cheering the firings of Nazis was interesting and it made me think about it. Ultimately, I think I'm okay with those Nazi employees being fired for their off-time actions while I'd be pretty unhappy with NFL players getting the boot. I do think both groups of owners have a right to protect their businesses from boycotts, bad affiliations, etc. In this sense, I support too the cake maker not being forced to bake the Swaztika cake and though it makes me sadder, I probably support the jerk bakery chefs who won't bake a cake for a gay wedding.

Now, Kaep has probably been blackballed for his behavior. I'm leery of that, but they have the right. I'm leery because I don't like McCarthyism and I don't like monopolistic actions, but even though I think they are very different things it is the same fruit. It's just comparing Gala apples to poison crabapples.

The biggest difference here is that it isn't the NFL saying "Don't protest or else!" It's right wing news media and now government officials. The right wing news media certainly has the right to voice its opinions through commentaries and op-eds. It doesn't have the right to force the NFL owners or their players into acting how they prefer. The government absolutely shouldn't tell people what kind of political speech is acceptable or not. 

Thank you.  Having people honestly evaluate their positions is important.  I know this place has made me reconsider my positions before and sometimes I have even changed my position.  

Your example regarding the bakers is another good example of what I"m trying to say.  One I agree with, and one I don't.  But it is important, to me, to support them both.

4 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

The NFL is bound by the legal agreements it has made (the CBA and the individual player contracts) plus other laws related to employment.  I doubt they could easily quash the protest even if they wanted to.

This.

if the NFL owners thought they could prevent it, they would have already. 

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

That's where Trump's comments were stupid to start with.  If an owner fired a player for not standing, they'd almost certainly get sued.

They can fire a player, but they would still have to pay him on the contract.  

I think when the term "I am a Nazi" comes up, then all bets are off.

As far as I'm concerned, our Army should shoot them. Nazis are enemies of humanity. We accepted germany's surrender, but the ideology of Nazism and fascism is and always has been an enemy.

Ain't no nuances about being a Nazi. The belief is crystal clear and well documented. ther is no "Nazi Light" or "I'm just in it for the fashion".

Nazi is Nazi, 100%

~Bang

Archived