Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

should be at the point right now where we accept the supporters of Trump aren't going to be swayed. Because of that, stop finding words to use when the correct one is "lie" That goes for Kushner and Sessions and Sanders and whoever else. Start using it as a matter-of-fact. "Well, because they lie so much, it's hard to believe that....."

Once the burden of proof is on them to show how they aren't lying, and not allowing the talking heads to say things without saying "That's a lie". That's when the narrative changes. Look at the Moore stuff. They realized they can't defend themselves anymore. So, it's now them vs the Homosexual-Trans-whatever Mafia. That's their narrative now. Trump pivots to Hilary or something unrelated when there are no defenses like.

Right now the entire weekend should be about Russia. I know folks will want to go with the woman who have accused Trump of abuse. No. Russia with this latest Jarrad update and the Sessions under oath stuff. Get rid of some security clearances. 

34 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well I would say if he sided with liberals a majority of the time (>50%), that makes him liberal.  

But I honestly would prefer someone who joins either side rather evenly.  That tells me they are being less political and more judging on merit.  I did some light reading on Kennedy.  I don't see any glaring issues with the way he has voted.  

I can see where you are coming from, but really if he identifies as a conservative then he is a conservative. The issues that have come up may require him to side with liberal pov, but that doesn't make him less conservative. 

I guess I can't really disagree with you unless I can define conservative outside of voting record. And I can't do that as it doesn't really seem to mean what I thought it did anymore. 

4 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

If ANYONE thinks Trump is doing to nominate a moderate swing vote to replace Kennedy then you’re a damned fool. If ANY of the remaining moderate/Left SCOTUS Justices retire or die while Trump/Pence are in office then a pox of them and their houses.

I was going to say something similar, but if Republicans lose control of the senate in 2018 (unlikely, but one can hope) it would be fitting to see Democrats do to any Trump nominee what was done to Merrick Garland.

Just now, Switchgear said:

I was going to say something similar, but if Republicans lose control of the senate in 2018 (unlikely, but one can hope) it would be fitting to see Democrats do to any Trump nominee what was done to Merrick Garland.

are they gonna expand the Schummer Rule?

:)

44 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I can see where you are coming from, but really if he identifies as a conservative then he is a conservative. The issues that have come up may require him to side with liberal pov, but that doesn't make him less conservative. 

I guess I can't really disagree with you unless I can define conservative outside of voting record. And I can't do that as it doesn't really seem to mean what I thought it did anymore. 

Predicto spoke to the scotus selection process/history at one point and basically said the dems nominate left people who wind up not ruling along the party line and the R's seem to, more often than not, get a right person that actually rules along the party line.

He's also spent some time discussing the R's farm system for judges. Which, given the way he described it, sounds exactly like a farm system in baseball...

Anyways, because of that I'm more inclined to favor left leaning judges.

I'd like someone who has values but more importantly is capable of nuance and has a high level of respect for law as well as well being of the country - combined with not being fooled when it comes to motives and ramifications.

It's a shame party affiliation is about all they discuss in the news.

53 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Well trump identifies as a conservative and I think we all know how true that reallly is.  

12 minutes ago, Switchgear said:

Two worngs make a right, eh?

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Predicto might be a wee bit biased, beside he voted for Arnold so his judgement might be off. 

:drooley:

He's definitely more on the liberal side, and sometimes can go on a rant because he's upset.

Generally speaking his opinions seem well founded and he makes an effort to back up his claims and never shies away from a challenge to back up what he says.

There's a handful of people here like that.

We don't have any of that from the right side here. We have a few people who will take a right-side opinion and put the effort in there. But most of the right-leaning people willing to post only do drive-bys or play a game where they pretend there aren't any authoritative entities on a subject and that everything is just subjective and unclear.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Literally looks like sculpted vomit

For what it's worth, that giant clam listed as "vulnerable", one step above "endangered" by the IUCN.

http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/22137/0

People think it may not be a big deal, but this type of thing (celebrity endorsement) is exactly how animal populations get decimated. 

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Two worngs make a right, eh?

I guess the takeaway is, always be the first party to do something wrong. Then afterwards, there can be no retaliation, because "Two wrongs make a right?".

If there is no other redress to the wrong, what should be done? Nothing?

19 minutes ago, Switchgear said:

I guess the takeaway is, always be the first party to do something wrong. Then afterwards, there can be no retaliation, because "Two wrongs make a right?".

If you want to play politics and games and behave like a 5 year old then you can go with the " he started it" excuse.

If you want to claim you're a responsible adult who has morals and believes in rules and laws and such, then you should expect to be held to a higher standard than "he started it."

1 hour ago, tshile said:

He's definitely more on the liberal side, and sometimes can go on a rant because he's upset.

Generally speaking his opinions seem well founded and he makes an effort to back up his claims and never shies away from a challenge to back up what he says.

There's a handful of people here like that.

We don't have any of that from the right side here. We have a few people who will take a right-side opinion and put the effort in there. But most of the right-leaning people willing to post only do drive-bys or play a game where they pretend there aren't any authoritative entities on a subject and that everything is just subjective and unclear.

I take offense to that.

37 minutes ago, Switchgear said:

And that is what will get people like me, former Republicans who hate what that party has become, from voting D.  Because they will show that they will kick and scream about something then do the same thing.  If you want my vote, show me you are better than that.

21 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

TGB, in the current political climate you are middle of the road..............

Thanks....i think.

How sad is that though.  Years ago i was considered a raging conservative.  My views have lightened a little but not that much.  Though if you knew all of my views i may not be as middle of the road as you think.  I sometimes just ease up here a bit. 

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thanks....i think.

How sad is that though.  Years ago i was considered a raging conservative.  My views have lightened a little but not that much.  Though if you knew all of my views i may not be as middle of the road as you think.  I sometimes just ease up here a bit. 

I think what it is is that you come across as a reasonable person. You still seem quite conservative, but you’re not such a rigid ideologue that discussion is impossible. 

You’re also capable of conceding points and compromises which makes you a little rare in conservative circles these days. 

Being a reasonable conservative marks you as a moderate ?

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And that is what will get people like me, former Republicans who hate what that party has become, from voting D.  Because they will show that they will kick and scream about something then do the same thing.  If you want my vote, show me you are better than that.

Herein lies the problem. They tried that. Look what's happened.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Don't blame them. Can you imagine Trump's midterm taint?

43 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thanks....i think.

Absolutely no offense intended and I believe you that you consider yourself a rightwing conservative. Problem is that the terms have been redefined SO far that they left you behind.

At best, in a vacuum, you might be marginally to the right of me (maybe not depending on the issue at hand) but today I find myself standing in the midst of a bunch of lefties, and gladly so. The alternative is utter insanity.

Archived