Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

7 hours ago, twa said:

No desire for the office before it was offered .....does not vs did not.

True dat. Of course, the question you asked was "Who said he did not?"

edit: I also seem to recall several occasions where you felt obliged to offer commentary on how people should do their jobs. I've got it all right here in my twa dossier. It's a lot like the Trump dossier but with significantly less Russia and significantly more hooker pee.... Scary amounts of hooker pee.

33 minutes ago, visionary said:

I dont know the source of the info - Rudaw - but if remotely accurate .. that is an unacceptable FUBAR. I read about the Mosque as well which called for matyrs to attack the US. 

Are we loosening our requirements for avoiding collateral civilian causalities in our air strikes? This seems Putin esq. Bombing a packed building full of civilians bc maybe 10-20 ISIS fighters are there as well. 

This is not an isolated incident. 

Kill an innocent civilians brother or sister or mother ... and that person becomes a jihad against America. I would do the same. 

edit - this should be BIG news imo. This needs to get air time. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/secret-service-asked-for-dollar60-million-extra-for-trump-era-travel-and-protection-documents-show/ar-BByB9Ux?li=BBnb7Kz

Secret Service asked for $60 million extra for Trump-era travel and protection, documents show

The U.S. Secret Service requested $60 million in additional funding for the next year, offering the most precise estimate yet of the escalating costs for travel and protection resulting from the unusually complicated lifestyle of the Trump family, according to internal agency documents reviewed by The Washington Post.

Nearly half of the additional money, $26.8 million, would pay to protect President Trump’s family and private home in New York’s Trump Tower, the documents show, while $33 million would be spent on travel costs incurred by “the president, vice president and other visiting heads of state.”

The documents, part of the Secret Service’s request for the fiscal 2018 budget, reflect the costly surprise facing Secret Service agents tasked with guarding the president’s large and far-flung family, accommodating their ambitious travel schedules and fortifying the three-floor Manhattan penthouse where first lady Melania Trump and son Barron live.

Trump has spent most of his weekends since the inauguration at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, and his sons have traveled the world to promote Trump properties with Secret Service agents in tow.

The documents reviewed by The Post did not show how the new budget requests compare with the funding needs for past presidents, and such figures are not public information. The Secret Service and Department of Homeland Security, which oversees the agency, declined to provide cost breakdowns and have said in the past that such fig­ures are confidential, citing security concerns.

A person familiar with internal Secret Service budget discussions said the requests for additional funding, prepared in late February, were rejected by the Office of Management and Budget, an arm of the White House. That means the agency will probably have to divert other spending to handle the additional burden. While best known for protecting the president, Secret Service agents also investigate cyber­crimes, counterfeit-money operations, and cases­ involving missing and exploited minors.

The Secret Service declined to respond to questions after The Post provided a summary of the documents. The service referred questions to DHS, which also declined to comment. The White House referred questions to the Secret Service and the Office of Management and Budget, which did not initially respond to requests for comment. After the article was posted online Wednesday, an OMB staffer issued a statement to The Post saying that the Secret Service is continuing to refine its budgetary estimates. The staffer also said that the claim that OMB denied the $26.8 million request for Trump Tower and family expenses was “outright untrue” and that OMB “supported its funding.”

The budget requests reflect a potentially awkward contrast between Trump’s efforts to cut federal spending in many areas and the escalating costs of his travel itinerary. Trump jetted to Mar-a-Lago on Friday for his fifth post-inauguration weekend trip, one day after the White House released a federal budget proposing deep cuts to many government programs.

Former agents said the requests indicate that the agency had to adapt to offer full protection for a president and first family who appear to have placed few limits on their personal travel and living arrangements.

“The Secret Service cannot dictate the lifestyle of the protectee. They have to work around it,” said Jonathan Wackrow, a 14-year Secret Service employee who is now executive director of the risk-mitigation company RANE. “I don’t think they expected him to go to Florida so often.

“This was an unanticipated reality,” he added, for which the Secret Service “had to quickly re­adjust operations.”

Rudaw is Kurdish Iraqi media from Erbil.  

It's still early so I'm hoping it's not as bad as reported.  Still it is very worrying even if  it was not as bad as it looks now.  

(I should point out though that a lot of civilian casualties by Russian strikes is most likely done intentionally to dampen moral and hurt people's ability to survive in certain areas. But that's hopefully a side-topic)

Some mildly amusing distraction...:D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/03/23/rick-perry-accuses-texas-ams-first-gay-student-body-president-of-stealing-election/?utm_term=.484e580918da

Rick Perry challenges election of Texas A&M’s first gay student body president, says it was ‘stolen’ in ‘name of diversity’

Bobby Brooks, a junior at Texas A&M, made history this month when he was elected as the university’s first openly gay student body president.

Nearly two decades prior, Rick Perry, also an A&M alumnus, made his own bit of university history when he became the first Aggie to serve as governor of Texas.

But for their shared school pride, these men and their accomplishments had nothing to do with each other.

That changed Wednesday, when Perry, the country’s current energy secretary, chose to plunge into campus politics, claiming publicly that Brooks stole the election from another student.

That student, Robert McIntosh, is the son of a prominent Republican fundraiser in Dallas who campaigned for Donald Trump during his presidential election.

Perry’s accusation drew astounded responses from the university, Texas lawmakers and a professor, who said it was “extraordinary” that a federal official would involve himself in an issue as hyperlocal as student government elections.

“Honestly, we were just surprised to see that the secretary of energy would take the time to weigh in in detail,” Amy Smith, the school’s senior vice president of marketing and communications, told the Texas Tribune, “and we respectfully disagree with his assessment of what happened.”

Perry wrote in a lengthy commentary for the Houston Chronicle that he was “deeply troubled” by the actions of A&M’s administration and Student Government Association for overseeing what he viewed as an engineered election that awarded victory to Brooks in a “quest for ‘diversity.’”

Brooks spoke with reporters about his sexuality after the election, but did not make it part of his platform, reported A&M’s student newspaper, the Battalion. Perry wrote in his commentary that his problem was not with the sexual orientation of the victorious student, but the way in which he won.

“When I first read that our student body had elected an openly gay man, Bobby Brooks, for president of the student body, I viewed it as a testament to the Aggie character,” Perry wrote. “I was proud of our students because the election appeared to demonstrate a commitment to treating every student equally, judging on character rather than on personal characteristics.”

Aw am gunna do three things ta change them election results - demand a recount, hire election monitors, and....uh....uh....uh..........

....oops.

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Rick Perry challenges election of Texas A&M’s first gay student body president, says it was ‘stolen’ in ‘name of diversity’

40 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Some mildly amusing distraction...:D

Rick is rarely boring 

It does seem excessive to overturn election results over not reporting the cost of glow sticks the candidate did not buy.

Many of my kin are Aggies so I get unwanted updates :)

I get so salty when any news article calls him a "tenacious fighter" because he can't let **** go. Being a whiny, little **** doesn't make you a fighter. Does it make you redundant? Yes. Does it make you look thin-skinned as hell? Yes. 

There's nothing about someone that can't handle a tweet that should be considered fighter-worthy.

I worry that when all this is said and done, there will be so many trees, we will have ignored the forest.

He is a bad person. He has bad ideas. He was totally unqualified. 

History will gloss over all of this with the minutiae of wiretapping, Russia, Twitter, etc. etc. etc. I just felt like as a country we were better than this.

EDIT: Not to diminish the things I just mentioned, because they are serious, I just don't think he'll ever be remembered for the awful human being that he is.

Archived