Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

16 minutes ago, nonniey said:

No still crappy but that was 4 years ago.

Trump is too reactionary to think big picture on a lot of things.

4 years ago we waited until the African countries came begging to us that the situation was completely out of their control. We shouldn't let pandemics get to that point, ever, his comment indicates he's fine with that approach like being separated by two oceans matters given the amount of international travel there is.

Then again, this is the same guy that is making all the CDC tvs turned to Fox News.  None of this surprises me, but some of his decisions are far more dangerous then others, even if they are 99% retarded.

12 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Aaaaaand there it is.....little or no inspections/monitoring/verification.

What a freaking joke!

Trump is such a hardcore negotiator but he can’t even negotiate the absolute basic third party verification to make sure that the most secretive and hostile nation isn’t just lying straight to our faces?

Seriously? Our “deal” with North Korea is gonna be on the “honor system”?!

What a freaking loser.

Good job Kim Jung Un, you got a honey of a deal, you better buy Stormy one hell of a Thank you gift!

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Aaaaaand there it is.....little or no insoections/monitoring/verification.

What a freaking joke!

Trump os such a hardcore negotiator but he can’t even negotiate the absolute basic third party verification to make sure that the most secretive and hostile nation isn’t just lying straight to our faces?

Seriously? Our “deal” with North Korea is gonna be on the “honor system”?!

What a freaking loser.

Good job Kim Jung Un, you got a hone of a deal, you better buy Stormy one hell of a Thank you gift!

Hey, the Iran deal had international inspection and verification. And Obama touched that one. Therefore we have to break that one, and enact a deal with NK that doesn’t have it. 

But, more seriously. This deal is being negotiated. I wouldn’t attack it just yet. 

In fact, I’m willing to give Trump some rope, on this one. (And no, I can’t think of a single thing they’ve done to deserve it.)

I’ll also say, right now. If the eventual result of this summit and all is that we walk away without a deal we can agree on?  I’m not gonna trash Trump over it. Frankly, my gut feeling is that walking away without a deal is probably the BEST result we can realistically hope for. 

Tell me again how i'm supposed to try to understand these people.

Trump literally aids our enemies at our expense, puts Chinese "jobs" in a spy company ahead of ..  well, i was going to say "jobs" but "national security" also comes to mind.

We are less safe than we were a week ago with Iran, and our opening bids into the negotiations with NK are everything they could have wanted... and nothing for us.

Oh, right, they are going to 'get rid of' their ICBMs.

This man clearly doesn't work for the American people, and they will support it until we are a smoking ruin.

tell me again how i am supposed to understand and why I should even bother to understand what drives people to this?
Did we try to understand when other groups have attacked our country?

Because that is what this is.

~Bang

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Thinking about it: the election of Donald Trump was a far more geopolitically consequential and, frankly, catastrophic event (for America and the West) than 9/11 was.

I'd say it deserves its own thread, overdue question I'm glad you brought up.

I'd have to think bout it, but my answer wouldn't be obvious as Trump has yet to start a war with anyone yet (except maybe Obama's legacy).  A lot of Trump's "policies"  can be overturned, there's no way to turn back the clock to pre-9/11 days. Depending on who comes after Trump, his effects on the world could be just another weird chapter in history we debate about by the end of this century.  9/11 set the tone for this one, and odds are will bleed into the next one and the one after that no matter what we do.

In many ways, you can make points on how 9/11 lead to Trump, but you can't say the reverse.  It's actually hard to answer this question until you give at least as much time to after Trump's election that we've given 9/11 (at least 17 years).  Trump's legacy and comparison to 9/11 very much depends on if he gets a second term and who comes after him.

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Did we try to understand when other groups have attacked our country?

Because that is what this is.

~Bang

So you may have already answered this, but I just want to be sure:

1)  Do you consider people that voted for Trump equal to Trump's base?

2)  Do you consider people that didn't vote for Hillary equal to people that voted for Trump?

I know your heart is in the right place, you want what's best for the country as a whole, and you've made valid points on this topic since before it ever got to this point. 

Having said that, comparing everyone who didn't vote to Hillary as equal to the people that did the 9/11 attacks is going too far and they are not synonymous.  I consider Trump's base a lost cause, but they are not equal to how we're dealing with the war on terror.  For every terrorist we blow up at a Wedding we thought was a Terrorist Meet-and-Get, we create 6 more.  Trying to kill them all isn't going to work, and not trying to understand them is what lead to the Iraq war cluster**** where we didn't think the difference between Sunni and Shai even mattered.  

I agree that there are many people in this country that are not only hurting our country but acting in a way they are intentionally doing harm to it for their own means (or worse the means of others).  We can't compare them ISIS, ISIS wants us ALL dead, not just republicans or democrats.  Comparing everyone that didn't vote for Hillary to Trump's base isn't necessary to get him out of office, either.  

I will say this:  We have more right and evidence to consider Trump an enemy of America then the GOP ever did in regards to Obama or Hillary combined.  Pointing that out is NOT hypocritical and I don't give two ****s who likes or doesn't like that, you're absolutely right in that regard.  Trump does not equal ISIS, though.

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So you may have already answered this, but I just want to be sure:

1)  Do you consider people that voted for Trump equal to Trump's base?

2)  Do you consider people that didn't vote for Hillary equal to people that voted for Trump?

1) No

2) No

Now a point of clarity, we’ll start with #2 first the people that didn’t vote for Hillary (3rd party or stayed home) and yet were opposed to Trump (Bernie and Stein voters) I cobsuder their choice stupid and unrealistic, their net result wasn’t a bullet in Trump’s gun but instead a bullet out of Hillary’s which is nearly the same effect.

As for #1 I will allow that in the ven diagram of Trump voters and Trump’s base that there is divergence between the two, but not much. It’s been demonstrated repeatedly that GOP Trump voters by in large have NOT shifted away from him. You may have had Independents and some GOPers move off the Trump sauce but not many.

As such when I talk about these groups I specifically use the terms “Trump voter” and “Trump supporter” to describe these two groups of people. A Trump voter MAY have shifted since November 2016, but a Trump supporter is still in the camp. 

Guys like twa try to claim they are a Trump voter but not a supporters but I haven’t seen any evidence of that yet.

Archived