Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016/2017 Winter Weather Thread

ixcuincle

I just want everyone to know that as a teacher I am very disappointed that I will probably not be able to go to work tomorrow. My greatest joy is shaping young minds, and missing out on that is terrible. Sitting in the kitchen with my wife lingering over a second cappuccino watching the snow fall just doesn't have the same appeal.

I sure hope it's only one day, and not two or more. The students must learn!

I could use some advice.

Trying to rebook my flight out of Dulles tomorrow.  Does anyone have an opinion about rebooking for 5:30 pm or 10:00 pm tomorrow?  I've never run into a weather issue like this when flying so not sure how long a storm like this would keep flights from departing.

40 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I could use some advice.

Trying to rebook my flight out of Dulles tomorrow.  Does anyone have an opinion about rebooking for 5:30 pm or 10:00 pm tomorrow?  I've never run into a weather issue like this when flying so not sure how long a storm like this would keep flights from departing.

the one time i ran into something similar, i just rebooked for the next day in case later flights were canceled too.  i'm not sure if i would have made it out earlier that day or not, but it was just nice knowing that things would be good the next day.  that being said, i have to imagine that dulles will have the runway clear by the afternoon.

i do have to go pick up my daughter at the airport tomorrow afternoon... we'll see if she makes it in.

Capital weather on twitter just lowered their forecast to about 1-4 inches for most of DC area (DC, VA including Fairfax, and points south) with a 30% chance of less than an inch.  This storm has bust written all over it.

24 minutes ago, PiLfan said:

Capital weather on twitter just lowered their forecast to about 1-4 inches for most of DC area (DC, VA including Fairfax, and points south) with a 30% chance of less than an inch.  This storm has bust written all over it.

We'll end up getting flurries LOL

14 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

7 am work flight to Vegas tomorrow, cancelled. Now getting on the 6:30 am flight out tomorrow morning. Now need to stay at a hotel near the airport as snow is scheduled to come in overnight. At least going to be in Vegas. 

I'm confused, 7 am flight was canceled but the 6:30 am flight was not?

This storm really isn't turning out to be that bad for NYC and CT. There were blizzard warnings for lots of areas and estimating 12-24 inches of snow before it's over but now it's only a winter weather advisory for everyone, and only 3-7 inches of snow expected for most areas now. Weak. 

Archived