Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016/2017 Winter Weather Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

It's 68 degrees in mid January. This is highly unusual. 

Sounds like it'll get cold again soon though. Especially snow Saturday? Any thoughts on that. 

I just hope it isn't an ass pounding or ice capades. I'm not down with either of those

1 hour ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

Wow, 40 degree swing in 48 hours out east? :wtf:

Felt like early April

Well that wacky weather forecast I posted a few days back has reached us, and it's already a laugh.  They closed schools around here last night in anticipation for ice, but it was all rain this morning.  Right now, Friday PM, a surprise snow/ice/rain mix is over us.  Temp is 29, but the surfaces are still warm and everything is melting so far.  Nothing on the grass.  Wow bruh.

Ef 5 tornado in 3...

• 4 weeks later...

So out here way West,nature has lost its mind. First of all,we started having an actual Winter. Then things went right in to the asylum.  Last month,the "atmospheric river" decided to flow our way and dumped a bunch of rain on top of a bunch of snow. Yep. Flooding. Now the rain levels didn't rise as high up in to the hills as they thought it might,so the flooding in the valley wasn't quite as bad,(though it was rough),as it could have been,( I live just out of range of the 200-500 year flood level).  Just like that,the temps drop and at work,in a little over 12 hours,we went from selling out of gutters,gutter extensions,sump pumps,sand bags,ect to selling out of snow shovels,ice melt,ect.  Up in Tahoe they got like 6 feet of snow in some short amount of time. Fast forward to two days ago. Wind storm starts things off and wipes out many a fence,downed a bunch of trees,and even a couple of just framed buildings. Then the rain starts. And it's raining in Tahoe at lake level this time. Yep. 20 years since the last big flood and now we're on our second one in a month. This is drone footage taken just before things really got to flooding. 12 miles from where I live and starts off looking that way. It got worse a little later. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, and it's a Nor'easter.  If it's a little colder than predicted, and bulls-eyes DC a little more, yall breaking the snow removal **** out.

There's a flip side to that as well.

Nor'easters are the most fun to track by far.  They take freaky turns and are so actively morphing inside and out, all the time.

It became cliche' over the years to keep saying, "well it's too early to predict what will exactly happen with this storm."

Yet, watching the boomeranging in the Gulf, and trying to imagine the path it will take, is incredibly fascinating for so many weather heads.

Archived