Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Stephen A Smith destroys the Redskins, calls them 'losers'

Boss_Hogg

26 minutes ago, bih said:

is it bad that I was hoping Snyder would move the team to LA? I cant stand them anymore, trashed another shirt, threw bunch of other stuff in garbage this year people been gifting me over the years. why did I pick this loser of a team? 

You know, you aren't trapped here. The door is wide open for you to leave.

And don't let it hit your whiny butt on the way out.

tenor.gif

Steven A Smith is what is wrong with our media.  Its not about reporting, its about getting the clicks and being controversial.  Last week I had a business trip to South Carolina, there are communities that have been devastated by the hurricane of two weeks ago and you hear NOTHING of this in the national media.  Our news is how more women are coming out saying Trump made passes at them and how the Kardashians are taking off more cloths and showing more a$$.  

SAS is just another media tool, getting payed obscene money to say essentially nothing  and we have ourselves to blame for that.

1 minute ago, pjfootballer said:

So is this moron going to do this all year/  He's going to bloviate when we lose and then retreat when we win?  Doesn't he have better things to rant about, like LeFrontrunner James or some athlete beating someone up.

Our fans, players and coach lit him up.  As cool as we all thought it was for BMitch to put him in his place, it was imperative that the Redskins win this week to avoid getting destroyed by him again.  We can only hope we play well enough for him to want to continue talking about us this season.

Stephen Smith is obnoxious.  But RJF and to a lesser extent Chris Baker in my view deserve some baiting today.  D. Hall said last year they feed off of the negativity and bulletin board material other teams gave them.  If RJF and Baker want to reverse that and be the brash dudes who want to give opponents bulletin board material -- then they better back it up.  I am like Joe Gibbs on this stuff -- stay quiet and humble.   Bragging seems to equal bad karma -- especially with this team.

Watched it today, they made fun of Jay today for responding to S. Smith -- suggesting that Jay's response that they work hard translated to so what -- all teams work hard, its all about results.   Ryan Clark kicked in and defended Chris Baker by saying he is just an excitable dude.   Clark tells S. Smith this city loves their team that's why DC fans are going to hate you.   Then S. Smith says he will ride the Redskins all year if they lose.  

Smith then doubles down on the point that the Redskins are very talented and said their ambition should be higher than winning the division.  Then kicks in with they are allergic to prosperity hence that will limit them. 

I got to admit though I am equally annoyed with RJF than I am with S. Smith.  The dude needs to stop with the smack talk IMO, he did it last season, too.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Smith then doubles down on the point that the Redskins are very talented and said their ambition should be higher than winning the division.  Then kicks in with they are allergic to prosperity hence that will limit them. 

As much as SAS annoys me, I gotta agree with him here.  Especially the second part.  

7 minutes ago, Area51 said:

As much as SAS annoys me, I gotta agree with him here.  Especially the second part.  

He's been on the point that the Redskins fold under the Bright Lights for years.  His refrain is once the Redskins get a little attention and people focus on them, they flounder.   Whether its a big prime time game or them getting on a roll and making the playoffs -- once the media says take a look at these guys, they flounder.

His refrain on the Cowboys is they can get successful but won't make the promised land because they will get in their own way and self sabotage or be afflicted with bad luck but they are an accident waiting to happen.

While I didn't like S. Smith's obnoxious rant last week, I actually enjoyed his rant today for 1 reason -- RJF and Chris Baker deserve to be called out IMO after a loss.    When A. Rolle from the Giants said they'd beat the Redskins 99 times out of 100 when they lost the first game to the Redskins in 2011 -- he had to eat crow and he did after the Redskins beat them the 2nd time.  When Fletcher Cox guaranteed a victory against the Skins last year -- he had to own up looking the fool when it didn't happen.  The irony is if I recall it was Baker and RJF who called him out on it after that win.

So if the Redskins to Chris Baker and RJF own the NFC East and are the beasts of the NFC east and then a week later are tied for last place -- they IMO deserve to be called out.  If you smack talk, you put yourself out there to be called out.  Hopefully, this keeps them quiet.  Just play ball -- let the other teams shoot their mouths off.

There was no way he was going to let this go. It's his job. 

He took issue with what Baker and Francois said last week and they shot back at him. After a very clutch offensive possession to put us on top, that side of the ball was handed a 4-point lead to protect for 1 minute. They failed. Right or wrong, SAS was going to hop right back up to make a point today.  

11 minutes ago, Suffolk_Skins said:

Does this douche deserve a thread? It all started because Baker was pumped up straight after the game, emotion in the locker room shock. Better off ignored. 

This really no longer has anything to do with what Baker shouted. It all started when he went after Stephen A on Twitter.

I don't like Stephen A. I like people who talk but don't back it up even less. Smith was right in everything that he said. The players were right to be pissed off.

But the onus was now on them to continue to prove people wrong. One nice streak does not erase 25 years of failed expectations. But they decided to open that door, and couldn't walk through it, and failed in classic Redskins fashion.

I hope he lit their asses on fire

It's so dumb that this even became a "thing".  It was 2 guys in the tunnel after an emotional divisional win, and they were excited.  That is all it was.

SAS didn't even know the context of where and when this was said.  He made it out to be like CB and RJF were gloating all week about a win over the Eagles and that they went out of there way to make it known as to what they said.  That wasn't the case at all - it as a heat of the moment type of pop off and nothing is wrong with what they said at all IMO.  

That's the (yet another) reason SAS is a douche bag, and now he continues to pile on, after he completely back pedaled on ESPN 980 last week.

The guy is a bloviating pile of dog ****. I really couldn't care less what he has to say about our team. His whole job is to talk **** and yell at the camera to get views/clicks. He's just a sports personality version of Trump, with nothing substantial to say.

When you're too much of a soft weasel to actually play football, you talk **** about those that can.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yes, we already know you act like a child. No new info there. But if you have anything new to say  I'm all ears.

Nope nothing new to say. Just telling a guy who called our team and people running it a "bunch of losers". I told him where to get off.

Whatever.

As I told another of your ilk, if you don't like my posts, you know where the "ignore" function is.

Use it.:chair:

9 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Nope nothing new to say. Just telling a guy who called our team and people running it a "bunch of losers". I told him where to get off.

Whatever.

As I told another of your ilk, if you don't like my posts, you know where the "ignore" function is.

Use it.:chair:

And if you don't like anything negative said about this team (which it is clear you simply cannot handle without being a gump towards everybody, using your middle school smilies to illustrate how serious you are), then how about you find a room with a nice echo to it, since it's pretty clear the biggest "whiny person" on this forum right now is you... whining about everyone else.

Perhaps you (and people of your ilk) should use a few tissues and grow up a little

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

And if you don't like anything negative said about this team (which it is clear you simply cannot handle without being a gump towards everybody, using your middle school smilies to illustrate how serious you are), then how about you find a room with a nice echo to it, since it's pretty clear the biggest "whiny person" on this forum right now is you... whining about everyone else.

Perhaps you (and people of your ilk) should use a few tissues and grow up a little

Doesn't matter what I post. If you don't like it, just put me on "ignore".

Just stay the out of my face. You came in and started in on me. Apparently, you are so whiny and miserable about the team right now that you don't want to see any optimism on this board.

Awwww, poor baby. :ols:

Just take your complaints somewhere else.

Archived