Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is currently going RIGHT so far this season?

NoCalMike

Just now, Darth Tater said:

Don't really care what happens to the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys, as long as we stay in control of our destiny. In 1982, the division was just two losses away from having the playoff tourney become an NFC-East tourney.  In 1983, a 14-2 Redskins team did not technically clinch the division until the last week. In 1985, we were a half game out from sending 3 to the playoffs.  In 1986, two of the best four (arguably the two best teams) in the NFL were from the same division.  My football dream is for us to go undefeated (including the pre-season and the post-season) and no team in the NFC East lose to anybody not in the NFC East.

That would be awesome. That's the football I grew up with. Loved the 80's. Pre FA.

Now we have to force a team from the east into the playoffs, like 4 nerds hiding in a locker pushing one out to stand up to the big dumb kid, who's gonna pull your underpants over your head.

I'm so damned proud and happy of our special teams unit right now. I feel like instead of focusing so much on the negative we take a moment to realize Tress Way and Dustin Hopkins were the keystones to that victory in the meadowlands. When was the last time our redskins didn't get embarrassed by botched special teams trickery? A fricken beautiful fake punt, on the fricken road and what a catch by Dunbar. Couldn't be happier with these guys. HTTR!

Archived