Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stranger Things on Netflix

Springfield

Anyone else watching this show? Incredibly addicting...

Part X Files, part Goonies, part Stand By Me, part every other 80's sci fi horror thriller.

Essentially, supernatural things happen to a small town in the 80's. A group of kids, a town sheriff and a crazy family. Government plots, scary monsters, all sorts of other stuff.

I'm 5 episodes in and I'm hooked.

Blitzed through it a couple weekends ago, really liked it.  Not sure if it's a standalone mini-series or if they're going to do a season 2 but I really enjoyed it.  

Captures all those 80s movies and feels really well.  

And the intro to the show had me dying, I loved it with the synth swells and the 80s feeling. 

Blitzed through it a couple weekends ago, really liked it.  Not sure if it's a standalone mini-series or if they're going to do a season 2 but I really enjoyed it.  

Captures all those 80s movies and feels really well.  

And the intro to the show had me dying, I loved it with the synth swells and the 80s feeling. 

I saw an online article yesterday that said they are bringing back the season one cast and adding more in season two.

I've been intrigued about this one due to all the hype. My question is, as someone who isn't big on scary movies, will I enjoy it? Would you actually consider it to be scary? Or just more weird?

More sci fi than horror, however it does have its scary parts.

Looks interesting, thanks!

So does anything get resolved in season 1? Or is it just one of those shows that introduces a bunch of mysteries it doesn't bother trying to explain?

Not a ton of explanation. The writer claims season 2 would have more answers. And that the answers actually exist - there is a 30 page document explaining everything.

Anyways, I loved the series. The girl who plays eleven was amazing in her role.

Not a ton of explanation. The writer claims season 2 would have more answers. And that the answers actually exist - there is a 30 page document explaining everything.

Anyways, I loved the series. The girl who plays eleven was amazing in her role.

I'm loving it. Sick day series.

I've been intrigued about this one due to all the hype. My question is, as someone who isn't big on scary movies, will I enjoy it? Would you actually consider it to be scary? Or just more weird?

Not big on scary movies, I found it just more weird and kinda creepy.  Nothing really outright scary that made me jump.  

Looks interesting, thanks!

So does anything get resolved in season 1? Or is it just one of those shows that introduces a bunch of mysteries it doesn't bother trying to explain?

Yeah, it all gets resolved.  Explains things relatively well.  I didn't see many loose ends left but I'm gonna watch it again.

So, can we do spoilers yet?

Tempting.

Finished it up earlier tonight. Great series, looking forward to next season.

Seems like 11 will be back. Wonder if Hopper traded anything else for his release. Wonder if Will has a relapse of sorts. I feel like the demigorgon had eggs in the upside down, so there will be more monsters no doubt.

Hope they can keep it fresh!

Watched it all.  Very good series, not perfect and there is definitely some carelessness with details that comes with young adult story telling, but I enjoyed it enough to binge a little bit.  My wife and I both liked it. 

The best comparison to a movie in my opinion is Super 8.  If you liked that movie, definitely check out Stanger Things, and vice versa.     

That's a very good comparison Des, although I really liked this series more than I liked Super 8... possibly because they had about 8 hours to tell the story instead of 2.

I agree.  Same reason I like books better than movies usually.  There is something to be said for giving characters time and not rushing the action. 

I agree. Same reason I like books better than movies usually. There is something to be said for giving characters time and not rushing the action.

I do think they chose wisely on the kids as well. Also Hopper, who I didn't recognize, as well as Wynona Rider, who did a great job of making me uneasy with how neurotic she was.

Archived