Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today Preseason Power Rankings Skins at 13

clskinsfan

I agree.. realistic in the fact that the girls have done zero last year to be handed the lofty ranking most other sites give them.

It's funny that one 12 win season in the last 8 years, and every year they're crowned the champs by default before the season even starts. like that 12 win season is the norm and not the exception, when recent history proves otherwise.

The Cowboys OL is overrated. They are a great run-blocking line, and maybe they can recapture the magic they had in 2014 by having their offense work mostly through the run attack. But they are a average pass blocking line, and romoSUCKS is too fragile to take the beatings that most QBs take. They will need the running attack to be successful, in order to keep the pressure off romoSUCKS winning the game and the inevitable injury that would occur from that. 

The Eagles will be the worst team in the division. Wentz isn't going to play, and we don't know if he'd be successful anyway. Bradford is mediocre, and the division's worst starting QB. They have the worst pass catchers too. Their defense isn't good enough to make up for that. 

The Giants will find out that overpaying for simply good players and having no team chemistry doesn't always provide the best results. But they are still likely our biggest competition. 

Sorry but I just cannot see the Texans and Raiders ranked ahead of us.

Yes, I took off my burgundy colored glasses, and still;

Texans:  JJ Watt and Hopkins are the only things they have going for them, in a division less than average.

Raiders: i'm not up to date on the Raiders, but they've been down for a long time; how can they be ranked that high? They have some promising prospects, but cannot get them together.

Honestly, i'm a  little iffy on the Bengals being where they are; I think their slide begins this year. Yea they have far better talent than Oakland or Houston, but cannot get past their own feet in pressure games.

Then again, its only an opinion by people who should be writing about home recipes rather than football. By week 5 we should be ranked around 6-7. 

The Eagles are in a year 0 mentality it seems they seem happy to sit Wentz for a year they have no real options at wr anyhow .. So who would he throw at ? ...

The Cowboys and Giants to me seem to be putting off that rebuild and hair is getting thin an tyres getting worn ...for both teams . They could be dangerous but both have issues .

I really think people should stop sleeping on the eagles. Schwartz is going to have them competitive quickly.

Problem is who will move the chains for them on the other side of the ball?

The Raiders arrow is definitely trending upwards compared to what they have been the past decade, but I am not sure if I would rank them ahead of the 'Skins in the preseason.

The Texans? Eh......no.

Raiders imo are being hyped too much right now. Derrick Carr did not look good the second half of the year. I don't understand why they cut Roy Helu as that rookie Washington hasn't shown anything. If anything happens to Thompson I hope we bring him back in. Still they have a long way to go and a lot of question marks to me at the QB position.

As for Houston I like more then the Raiders but not over us. The best RB in terms of production the past two years has been Lamar Miller. He is only 26 years old and will help that offense out immensely thinking he's the #1 RB this year. There Defense is nasty, they just drafted a few decent WR's to go with Hopkins but still lack any sort of TE and the jury's out on Osweiler still. Should Osweiler actually play well I like them this year.

Texans:  JJ Watt and Hopkins are the only things they have going for them, in a division less than average.

Raiders: i'm not up to date on the Raiders, but they've been down for a long time; how can they be ranked that high? They have some promising prospects, but cannot get them together.

Honestly, i'm a  little iffy on the Bengals being where they are; I think their slide begins this year. Yea they have far better talent than Oakland or Houston, but cannot get past their own feet in pressure games.

Then again, its only an opinion by people who should be writing about home recipes rather than football. By week 5 we should be ranked around 6-7. 

I agree about Houston. They have a decent D but really nothing proven on Off. They spent a lot of money on a QB who had a few OK games. They had no running game last year and have really not done anything to improve that. But they are today's darlings for some reason.

However, do not sleep on Oakland. They are very methodically building a really nice team. No Carr is not the second coming. But he is improving. Their D is a bit underrated, especially their run D. They are also in a tough division with Denver and KC. Not sure they are better than us, but they are probably on about the same trajectory. They will surprise some people, especially since I see Denver back-sliding and KC will be just like Philly under Andy Reid, good but never great.  

I really think people should stop sleeping on the eagles. Schwartz is going to have them competitive quickly.

I don't usually like to dump on a team, because if often comes back to haunt me.  But, in the case of the 2016 Eagles, I think I will make an exception.  Not sure what you see in this team, which figures to be the only NFCE team not in the hunt to win the division. 

Philly has few weapons on offense and a mediocre Oline that won't be able to protect a statue like Sam Bradford.  Their defense is a big yawn.  And, having mortgaged a good chunk of their future to move up for Carson Wentz, the rebuilding process won't be that quick either.

I agree.. realistic in the fact that the girls have done zero last year to be handed the lofty ranking most other sites give them.

It's funny that one 12 win season in the last 8 years, and every year they're crowned the champs by default before the season even starts. like that 12 win season is the norm and not the exception, when recent history proves otherwise.

For the Cowboys, it should all come down to whether romoSUCKS can stay healthy.  He is brittle, and Dallas appears to have done nothing to provide adequate backup for him.  But, if he can stay upright, you would be foolish to under-estimate the Cowboys--particularly their offense.

I don't usually like to dump on a team, because if often comes back to haunt me. But, in the case of the 2016 Eagles, I think I will make an exception. Not sure what you see in this team, which figures to be the only NFCE team not in the hunt to win the division.

Philly has few weapons on offense and a mediocre Oline that won't be able to protect a statue like Sam Bradford. Their defense is a big yawn. And, having mortgaged a good chunk of their future to move up for Carson Wentz, the rebuilding process won't be that quick either.

you being in disagreement, makes me think I'm right

I can see both the Raiders and Texans to be in that group of young, upcoming teams that should also include the Redskins, Vikings and perhaps even Jacksonville.  Oakland and Houston are both good defensive teams.  As much as the NFL has become a pass-happy, high scoring League, Denver won the last SB with its defense.

you being in disagreement, makes me think I'm right

Well, you sound like a smart man.  I am often wrong in my prognostications.

Archived