Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: At least 15 killed, dozens injured in knifing near Tokyo

BornaSkinsFan83

TOKYO (AP) — Japan's national broadcaster NHK is reporting that 15 people were killed and 45 injured in a knife attack at a facility for the handicapped in Sagamihara, just outside Tokyo.

The report said police have arrested a knife-wielding man after he turned himself in. NHK said the suspect, 26, is a former employee at the facility.

Kyodo News agency reported that 19 people are dead and 20 injured.

http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2016/jul/25/at-least-15-killed-dozens-injured-in-knifing-near-/

How do you kill 15-19 people with a knife? Damn

Saying it was a facility for disabled people and that was a former staff member. So i guess maybe he was running around stabbing disabled people/patients to death? **** me

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-sagamihara-stabbings-19-dead-8492641?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Edit: ah see that info is in my OP. AP copy I read on Twitter didn't have it. Just copy and pasted link from browser--w/same headline--that did without looking. My bad

Uzis are already illegal unless you own a federal permit (I believe)

There are numerous versions. But as with everything, if it's full auto, gotta pay the tax man. They do make them in semi auto with longer barrels that fall under rifles and the laws that go with them.. they may make a pistol version but I'm not sure. Just like so many other things, Uzi is just a scary word to people who don't know better.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/japan-knife-attack-disabilities_us_57967934e4b01180b52feaed?section=

Asahi Shimbun reported that the suspect was quoted by police as saying “I want to get rid of the disabled from this world.”

Normally when people say things like that, they are talking about medical advancements and things to feel good about.  But 2016 seems to be the year to remind us that evil people hate everything and exist everywhere.   

This is some sick ****.

Culturally though, east-Asian countries have issues with the physically and mentally disabled. In many ways its still seen as a slight on your family, like your bloodline has bad genes.

Well I think WW2 started with the invasion of Manchuria... So now what?

Or with the Spanish Civil War (if you prefer more European involvement)

Now I would say.....

You're wrong

You snuck in the Spanish Civil War part as I was responding. I'm assuming you are being sarcastic now.

I'm sorry. I know it's frustrating to be wrong but I hope you forgive me.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure that's what they're referring to. Lol I don't think they meant Hiroshima (that really would've really kicked this thread up a notch or two).

But anyway, some interesting stuff from that wiki link I posted...

Until the 1982 killing by Woo Bum-kon, this incident was regarded as the second-worst massacre by an individual in modern history, behind the 1927 killing of 44 people by Andrew Kehoe with explosives

That latter, Andrew Kehoe, holy **** how have I never heard about that?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

The Bath School disaster, sometimes known as the Bath School massacre, was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, that killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and 6 adults and injured at least 58 other people.[Note 1] Kehoe killed his wife and firebombed his farm, then detonated an explosion in the Bath Consolidated School, before committing suicide by detonating a final device in his truck. It is the deadliest mass murder to take place at a school in United States history.[1][2]

Andrew Kehoe, the 55-year-old school board treasurer, was angered by increased taxes and his defeat in the Spring 1926 election for township clerk. He was thought to have planned his "murderous revenge" after that public defeat. He had a reputation for difficulty on the school board and in personal dealings. In addition, in June 1926, he was notified that his mortgage was going to be foreclosed.[3] For much of the next year, a neighbor noticed Kehoe had stopped working on his farm and thought he might be planning suicide. During that period, Kehoe purchased explosives and discreetly planted them on his property and under the school.

Kehoe's wife was ill with tuberculosis, he had stopped making mortgage payments, and he was under pressure for foreclosure. Some time between May 16 and the morning of May 18, 1927, Kehoe murdered his wife. Then on the morning of May 18 at about 8:45 a.m., he set off various incendiary devices on his homestead that caused the house and other farm buildings to be destroyed by the explosives' blasts and their subsequent fires.

Almost simultaneously, an explosion devastated the north wing of the school building, killing 36 schoolchildren and two teachers. Kehoe had used a timed detonator to ignite hundreds of pounds of dynamite and incendiary pyrotol, which he had secretly planted inside the school over the course of many months. As rescuers began working at the school, Kehoe drove up, stopped, and used a rifle to detonate dynamite inside his shrapnel-filled truck, killing himself, the school superintendent, and several others nearby, as well as injuring more bystanders. During rescue efforts at the school, searchers discovered an additional 500 pounds (230 kg) of unexploded dynamite and pyrotol connected to a timing device set to detonate at the same time as the first explosions; the material was hidden throughout the basement of the south wing. Kehoe had apparently intended to blow up and destroy the entire school.

Archived