Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC News: Fort Myers Nightclub Shooting: 2 Dead, at Least 14 Others Reportedly Wounded

visionary

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fort-myers-nightclub-shooting-1-dead-14-others-reportedly-wounded-n615961

Fort Myers Nightclub Shooting: 2 Dead, at Least 14 Others Reportedly Wounded

At least two people were killed and more than a dozen others injured in a shooting outside of a Florida nightclub early Monday, officials said.

Gunshots were fired in the parking lot of Club Blu in Fort Myers at around 12:30 a.m. ET.

Police said "at least 14-16 people" were wounded in the shooting, with their injuries ranging from minor to life-threatening.

A person of interest was detained at another location, and shots were fired — lightly injuring another person — five blocks away from the nightclub, police said.

"The Fort Myers Police Department and Lee County Sheriff's Office are actively canvassing the area looking for other persons who may be involved in this incident," a statement added. "At this time the scene is still very active as investigators and crime scene personnel attempt to determine what occurred."

I think maybe...people are just waiting for more information. To me this almost sounds like it's gang related. Which sad as it is to say...isn't really national news worthy since that happens very frequently in many parts of this country

I noticed that also.  Very surprising.  I was just waiting for more details to come out.  But that doesn't usually keep people from talking about it.  I think we really are just getting used to it.

That is one reason. Another is we are conditioned to wait for the killer's profile so we know which argument to fall behind.

That is one reason. Another is we are conditioned to wait for the killer's profile so we know which argument to fall behind.

If there's no ISIS/BLM connection the media won't cover it...see Germany. Furthermore, we can have two US veterans slaughtering armed/armored police in shootouts using military-grade hardware and ammo...and that will lead to an increase in coverage of people shouting at each other at peaceful rallies 2000 miles away.

Cause the media is oh so liberal, dontcha know!

I think maybe...people are just waiting for more information. To me this almost sounds like it's gang related. Which sad as it is to say...isn't really national news worthy since that happens very frequently in many parts of this country

Yeah seems like some drive by, neighborhood beef bull****. Sprayed a house too? They were targeting somebody specific.

With teens it was probably some little ****s trying to play gangster. Apparently Fort Meyers has a gang problem too. I blame the movie Colors.

I'm curious from some of you older folks in here. Did they just not cover the insane levels of crime on the news in the 80's? Because I'm trying to understand how people who lived through that can now think the streets are burning down around us when we're at half the crime? Is it like people who lived through WW2 or the Cold War thinking al Qaeda is the biggest existential threat this country has ever faced after 9/11, where people just live in the moment and lose their minds?

That's what I was thinking. Sadly, I don't look at shootings where there's actual motive in the same light as the random ones. I know that's horrible, but it's at least something that I am used to hearing about. 

Archived