Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Walsh rocks

wolfsire

Not to go OT, but I've got a "Joe Walsh for President" button around here somewhere from '79-'80. 

DC-101 did an interview with the Eagles on "The Long Run" album that I taped in the middle of the night when it came out.  What a "gang" of geniuses.

My kingdom to be able to live "far away from the neon sky".

Saw him at the Warner Theater last year.  He led off with Walk Away, and I was hooked.  I'd seen him with the Eagles a few years before, and RIP Glenn Frey, but I think I liked the Walsh solo show better.

He certainly rocks more solo. He's done some great stuff over the years and is often overlooked as a guitar player, but I'm pretty sure Hendrix said Joe was his favorite.

Wasn't "In The City" the song that plays at the end of The Warriors?  I thought it was released under his name, I didn't know there was a cover.

Joe Walsh is credited with "In the City" on the Warriors soundtrack, although it is a track on the Eagles Long Run album.  I don't know whether I'd really call it a cover since Joe Walsh was a member of the Eagles.

Joe Walsh is credited with "In the City" on the Warriors soundtrack, although it is a track on the Eagles Long Run album.  I don't know whether I'd really call it a cover since Joe Walsh was a member of the Eagles.

There are two separate versions of "In the City", the Walsh solo/Warriors version and the one on the Long Run.

Archived