Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HBO's The Night Of...

BornaSkinsFan83

One thing I was reading, this was James Gandolfini's project. He was the driving force behind it and this was what he was getting back on TV to. Playing the lawyer. It's a tragedy he passed and I would've loved to have seen that, but they got a great replacement in John Turturro. I've always enjoyed him as an actor.

But yeah this is an excellent show. As someone who's been through the legal system, it really does continue haunt you years and years later. Not just incarceration but the whole process. And this show nails it.

Thinking about this now, and probably off topic, wondering if there have been PTSD studies done on ex cons. I know personally I never had a panic attack in my life until I got out. Then I'd get them constantly. My thoughts would drift off to prison but the weird thing was it would be memories of things that didn't even happen. Next thing I know I can't breath, I'm struggling not to puke and i have to pull over on the side of the road. Two, three times a week. For years. Couldn't tell you the last time I had one though. Two, three years maybe? But yeah, curious if there have been any studies done on that. Might help with transitioning folks back into life and the high recidivism rate that comes with that failure.

The other suspect right now is the other Black dude that they ran into out front the house. The guy the police don't know about

I'm wondering if it's going to be his friend who 'backed out' of going out with him.  Maybe he had some connection with the girl and set him up.  Too obvious to have Nas be the killer IMHO.

First two episodes have been really well done.  Its methodical for the lack of moving pieces, but well done.

I think that the step dad would be too obvious. They're making him seem as creepy as possible.

There's something there, I don't think he did it, but there's something there.  Like he had a relationship with his step-daughter.  He seemed self-loathing about her. 

Archived