Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

Someone better end this is regulation. Tom Wilson gets a foolish penalty every game.

What a great play by Orlov. 

Then Williams with the snipe, hopefully that gets him going. Real shame they blew the shutout, I think unless Bobrovsky falls apart the last handful of games he will edge out Holtby for the Vezina. He's had two amazing games in a row with the shutout today against the Flyers. Good to see when Arizona tied it up the caps stopped screwing around. 

12 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Someone better end this is regulation. Tom Wilson gets a foolish penalty every game.

What a great play by Orlov. 

Then Williams with the snipe, hopefully that gets him going. Real shame they blew the shutout, I think unless Bobrovsky falls apart the last handful of games he will edge out Holtby for the Vezina. He's had two amazing games in a row with the shutout today against the Flyers. Good to see when Arizona tied it up the caps stopped screwing around. 

Yeah I feel for Holtz. Couple shutouts this season ruined by late goals. The one that burns the most is fat head Kessel when the Caps were winning 7 nothing. Bob has has an amazing season though. Caps should be focused on bigger things than individual accolades 

On a side note while I felt bad when Laich got dealt, winnik has done great for us. Harworking gritty player

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Doesn't Papa Johns have a 50% off deal without the Caps right now, anyways?

Every local team has one. For the Caps its score 4 goals and win. Wiz its score 100 and win. For Nats its I believe score 7 and win. The Redskins one is a bit different, free topping for every TD and double when they win.

I remember a couple years ago when the Wiz and Caps were both making playoff runs, that the Wiz Caps and Nats all reached the Papa Johns trifecta. Unfortunately you don't get multiple 50% discounts. No $2 pizzas "lolol."

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Every local team has one. For the Caps its score 4 goals and win. Wiz its score 100 and win. For Nats its I believe score 7 and win. The Redskins one is a bit different, free topping for every TD and double when they win.

I remember a couple years ago when the Wiz and Caps were both making playoff runs, that the Wiz Caps and Nats all reached the Papa Johns trifecta. Unfortunately you don't get multiple 50% discounts. No $2 pizzas "lolol."

The Redskins and Nats PJ deals are annoyingly cheap.  7 runs isn't frequent.  Extra toppings for free?  Lame.

Caps and Wiz are the only ones worth it.

15 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Yeah I feel for Holtz. Couple shutouts this season ruined by late goals. The one that burns the most is fat head Kessel when the Caps were winning 7 nothing. Bob has has an amazing season though. Caps should be focused on bigger things than individual accolades 

On a side note while I felt bad when Laich got dealt, winnik has done great for us. Harworking gritty player

The accolades and playoff matchups are for the fans to discuss, im sure it doesn't mean much to the team as long as they win. That being said if we win the division and get the wild card 2 matchup things have gotten very interesting. Carolina and Tampa now are still alive and can steal that last slot. Carolina has 2 games in hand on Boston and play Detroit back to back their next two games. Win both and they could be 1 point off 8th place. Their net minders are average at best I'd love to see them steal that last slot. There is a night and day difference between getting Carolina round 1 instead of slipping back a spot and getting the Pens or Blue Jackets round 1. Plus, I'd really like to see a Pens Blue Jackets first round matchup. I think the Blue Jackets could do the dirty work for us and send the Pens golfing early. Absolutely MUST win the division.

On a side note, The Wings have 3 games in a row I wonder how that's possible? Imagine if they were in contention for that last slot and had to play 3 back to back games. That just seems really strange to get that type of scheduling.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I meant a generic deal unrelated to sports where Papa Johns is doing 50% off.

23 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Wilson better not screw us with boneheaded penalties in the playoffs..

High stick was inadvertent.  Hard to call that bone-headed.  Hope Parise is OK.

Also, hard to tell when Wilson got cut in that fight w/ Stewart.  Stewart didn't land anything and Wilson was leaking afterwards.  Didn't look like he hit his head on the ice when they fell, so I'm not sure...

9 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Being lackadaisical with your stick is still boneheaded, just ask Alex Semin.

Lackadaisical with the stick is a lazy hooking penalty to make up for a lack of skating, aka, the "Semin," not an inadvertent high-stick in the neutral-zone when Wilson had no clue Parise was right there.  BIG difference. 

14 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

It really doesn't matter. Both put us on the kill.

Wilson's haphazard stick control was head high and cut Parise, got us four minutes so it's actually worse.

Haphazard?  LOL.  It was a fluke. 

If it was as careless as you're making it seem, Trotz would have benched him. 

19 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Whatever dude. How often have you been on the ice?

A lot of it was bad luck and coincidence but I guarantee the coaches will address it at practice. Anything that can get you 4 min in the box can be worked on

How often?  You want my resume from prep school or NCAA?  Take your pick. 

You questioning the wrong one, bud. 

Archived