Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

18 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

You really want to see the Pens or Columbus with Bobrovsky round 1 and then round 2? I'd rather we take our chances with one of them round 2 than going through both of them.

If they're going to win it all, then they'll beat whatever team is in front of them.  Hockey playoffs are not like other sports.  It's not like having an easier road in the playoffs has ever helped them win a cup.  So I don't care who they have to play, just win.

Rangers are locked in to WC1. Boston is 3 behind Toronto for 3rd in Atlantic and 2 ahead of Islanders, 3 of the Lightning. 

9 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Two points on PIT

3 on CBJ with the tiebreaker I think 

Nevermind. ESPN just hadn't updated the Pens points yet. DAMMIT.

Ole Sid took off part of Methot's finger with a slash tonight. The aftermath and how it looks is gruesome. You know, I'm not someone that cheers for injuries or has ever wished harm on another player... but I sure would look the other way if players started cashing in receipts on Crosby. You'd think one of the most talented players to play the game would have some class, but he has none and is a very poor example for young kids. Someone needs to legally knock his sorry ass into next week. 

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sidney-crosby-slashes-methot-finger-1.4038896

viewer discretion advised

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Win the division before worrying about matchups. 

That's for the team and players to worry about... but yes let's please win the division.

The league is going no to HAVE to suspend him eventually. Back to back nights of UGLY stick work. First the slash to the sack against Buffalo. Then shattering Methot's finger with a heavy two hander, resulting in him basically skating to the bench with a fingertip attached by skin only. 

Don't think Cindy even got a hearing for the stick to the nuts? I get incidental stick fouls, but if a player intentionally hit someone in the head, they'd get talked to/suspended, no? Don't really see a difference when it's obviously intentional. No way he didn't mean to hit the guy in the nuts.. (And that wasn't the 1st time) Players need to put the bounty out, since the league doesn't seem to give a crap.

39 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Don't think Cindy even got a hearing for the stick to the nuts? I get incidental stick fouls, but if a player intentionally hit someone in the head, they'd get talked to/suspended, no? Don't really see a difference when it's obviously intentional. No way he didn't mean to hit the guy in the nuts.. (And that wasn't the 1st time) Players need to put the bounty out, since the league doesn't seem to give a crap.

And this is why fighting will NEVER completely leave the game. And the refs will NOT allow Crysby to ever have to answer the bell. And the league (Crysbys personal protector Bettman) will target anyone who tries, under the guise of player safety and targeting a concussion-prone player.

There is no bigger example of bias in sports than Crosby and the NHL. If that were Ovie he'd get suspended for sure. If it were Ovie vs. the New York Rangers he'd possibly be suspended the entire season(slight overexageration but you know there's like a 20% chance that's true).

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no bigger example of bias in sports than Crosby and the NHL. If that were Ovie he'd get suspended for sure. If it were Ovie vs. the New York Rangers he'd possibly be suspended the entire season(slight overexageration but you know there's like a 20% chance that's true).

This is so true and why it's unbelievably frustrating when playoff time comes around and somehow with the stakes at their highest, the caps always have a couple crucial games where the other team gets no penalties. Makes you wonder where else there is bias and backroom handshakes ?.

Crosbutin seems fitting to me.

This is the type a caps game where they will dominate the entire time and end up losing on a fluke bounce. They did everything on that power play but score. you have to sink that puck!

43 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

That "slashing" callnon Ovie might just be THE weakest call in the NHL this season. 

Crosby cuts a guys finger off. No call. Coyote drops his stick against Ovi. Penalty

Archived