Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

For people worrying - this is the first time in TWO SEASONS this team has gone more than 2 games without a point, that is a testament to how good they've been. They lost 8 in a row in 2011 and still won the Eastern Conference.

A little adversity never hurt anyone and they cannot just coast to the President's Trophy like last year. Standings will force them to have urgency this time around.

14 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Officiating is HORRIBLE tonight. 

****ty officiating has pretty much become something teams just have to expect and survive at this point. It's awful in the NHL and NFL. Probably horrible in the NBA as well I just don't watch the NBA other than the wizards while I watch NHL & NFL games other than the caps and skins and the officiating sucks league wide.

Any complaints tonight?

I don't ever really look ahead in the schedule so I didn't really realize what a tough stretch of games they had over the last two weeks and still have in front of them until now. Only a few really bad, out of the playoff games. 

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Bruce Boudreau coaches the team.  Bold statement.

:rofl89:

Not to mention the Blackhawks in the second round.

Can someone in the league office let the officials know Braden Holtby is an elite tender and should get interference calls when guys touch him? Dude gets no love and what happened to Holtby at end of 2nd would have been 2 for roughing, 2 for tender interference, and a 10 min misconduct if he were Lundqvist, Quick, Price, or ANY Pens tender. 

Archived