Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Republicans’ hopes for an Obama scandal crash and burn-- Issa relies on Wikipedia for legal guidance? WTF

Burgold

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-hopes-for-an-obama-scandal-crash-and-burn/2016/05/24/d041b8a6-21ee-11e6-9e7f-57890b612299_story.html

At Tuesday’s House Judiciary Committee hearing to consider the impeachment of Internal Revenue Service Commissioner John Koskinen, Issa, the California Republican and dogged investigator of the Obama administration, confessed he was relying on an open-source website.

“You and I are not lawyers,” Issa told Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who was presenting the panel with the legal case for impeaching Koskinen, “so we’ll tax each other a little bit on a constitutional question. According to Wikipedia, at least, the definition of high crimes and misdemeanors constitutionally says it covers allegations of misconduct . . .”

If they ain't lawyers I bet there are lawyers on their staff or they have the resources to work with some very good Constitutional lawyers. That is, unless of course, the lawyers aren't telling them what they want to hear. That's when you go to the real lawyers... you know, the experts of Wiki.

Although, I hate to say it, but I think Issa and the other kook are right.

Congress has the authority under the constitution to impeach on whatever grounds Congress thinks are good enough.

So, go for it, Darrell.  Congress has the authority.  Call for the vote. 

Make it a roll call vote.  I want to see it. 

“There are lots of ways to screw up in your job that don’t rise to the level of meeting the U.S. criminal code,” Gowdy argued. “The failure to perform the duties of your office could be an impeachable offense.”

So I suppose this means that they're going to start impeachment proceedings against themselves as well as the senate next?

Larry,

Of course they have the right. It's an important right. Sometimes, it's an important duty. However, with all the tools at their disposal I find this absolutely repulsive. 

I'm probably overreacting... but if the House is using sourcing that even the Voice of Russia rejected as legitimate. C'mon! (Okay, VOR's standards were reasonably high, but towards the end they were trying their hardest to muckrakers and scandal mongers... and even then, even at their worst they wouldn't accept Wiki as source material. Ever!)

So I suppose this means that they're going to start impeachment proceedings against themselves as well as the senate next?

we can only hope 

Issa is also one of the most wealthy members of the entire Congressional body.  Go ask him how that came about.

(Rather than ask a sitting POTUS why he's only had one wife, or children with ONLY THAT ONE WIFE.)

Sheesh.

there you go trying to impose your morals again.  :P

Yes!  And this means every ****ing "nay" vote on the bills they themselves sponsored.  Give me John McCain's head.   

Larry,

Of course they have the right. It's an important right. Sometimes, it's an important duty. However, with all the tools at their disposal I find this absolutely repulsive. 

I'm probably overreacting... but if the House is using sourcing that even the Voice of Russia rejected as legitimate. C'mon! (Okay, VOR's standards were reasonably high, but towards the end they were trying their hardest to muckrakers and scandal mongers... and even then, even at their worst they wouldn't accept Wiki as source material. Ever!)

I've been meaning to ask you...what's the Ed Schultz hullaballoo about?  We watched a couple episodes, I didn't see anything nefarious...but he ain't the same ol' Ed?  I thought you might have some insight into the TV channel I have on DISH.

we can only hope 

there you go trying to impose your morals again.  :P

when you put those two lines together,

BRILLIANT!  :D

See?  We can all work together.  It ain't that difficult.

I've been meaning to ask you...what's the Ed Schultz hullaballoo about?  We watched a couple episodes, I didn't see anything nefarious...but he ain't the same ol' Ed?  I thought you might have some insight into the TV channel I have on DISH.

Sorry. Don't know anything about it.

Darrell Issa is a lying scumbag and a crook, but he is right - Congress can impeach anyone in the executive or judicial branch that it wants to impeach.

Yeah, but the line between can and should ought to be a bit thicker. They've Wasted so much time, money, and the opportunity to do good.

Do you just assume that all Jewish people know each other or something? That's messed up, man.

:P

Do you just assume that all Jewish people know each other or something? That's messed up, man.

:P

LOL...and now it's a conspiracy that they all work for Russian media outlets at some point in their careers, hahaha

No they go to fenced in areas supplied with animals.

Like birds that have had their wings clipped.

And still manage to shoot a human in the face.  GG (that's good grief) :rolleyes:

Archived