Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucky Brooks (NFL.COM): 10 Most Talented Rosters....Dallas at 10 and the GIANTS AT NINE? Huh?

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Most talented?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the most talented roster?

Ok, I usually don't pay attention to offseason article from the national media because they always look past. Now, I'm not surprised with the Dallas hype but the ****ing Giants?? Seriously?? 

Here's the explanation:

Blue chips: Eli Manning, QB; Odell Beckham Jr., WR; Damon Harrison, DT; Jason Pierre-Paul, DE;Olivier Vernon, DE; Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB; Janoris Jenkins, CB.

Risers: Weston Richburg, C.

Despite all of the criticism general manager Jerry Reese has received for failing to add a host of premier players in recent drafts, the Giants sufficiently filled the voids on their roster through aggressive free-agent additions. The acquisitions of Harrison, Vernon and Jenkins immediately upgrade the playmaking potential of the defense. With Pierre-Paul poised to bounce back from a subpar season following his self-inflicted hand injury and Rodgers-Cromartie regarded as a premier cover corner, the Big Blue defense could return to the ranks of the elite this season. Offensively, the combination of Manning and Beckham strikes fear in the hearts of defensive coordinators around the NFL. If the Giants get any contributions from Victor Cruzand/or Sterling Shepard opposite OBJ, this offense will be a problem for opponents down the stretch.

So Olivier Vernon and Janoris Jenkins, two of the most overrated, "OH BUT LOOK AT ALL THAT POTENTIAL!" players in the league, are gonna fix that dumpster fire of a defense? JPP is magically going regrow his fingers???

Our roster is better than NYG and I'd stand by that no matter on BOTH sides of the ball. 

So my question to you guys, is who has the best roster of the 3 and who are the Skins' blue chip guys?

Blue chip guys: Reed, Kerrigan, Norman, Williams, Jackson. Maybe Gallette? Maybe Kirk?

On the rise: Smith, Breeland, Scherff, Moses, Crowder, Jones? 

I'm sorry but I like our roster better than NYG. Dallas is certainly closer. 

Scheme can counter great players, so its hard to say just because a team has alot of studs they're automatic champions.

A great player is nice to have, but a determined player can counter him all day; [ see Grimm vs White ].

Thats why coaching is so important; a coach's main challenge is discipline of a player; if he can control a player's emotions, he can be a wonderful tool against his adversary.  Thats why i'm not really high on a player making a spectacle of himself after a great play; there's plenty of time for celebration after the game, provided they win it. 

Let them rank where they like, usually thats how it goes anyway, their favorite player or team gets the better ratings than their division foes. I could care less, just kick their asses up and down the field and win the game, THEN ask about ratings.

I was going to post the same thing basically.  Say that I was shocked to not only not see the Skins, but see the Giants.  The Cowboys will eternally have a spot in any top 10, i wouldn't waste my breath.

However, i feel our blue chip/up coming are way more talented, but i might need to put the kool aid down:

Blue Chip - Norman, Kerrigan, Williams, Jackson, Garcon, Moses, Scherff

On the Rise - Cousins, Breeland, Baker, Crowder, Jones, Smith

I guess Baker could be removed, although he was phenomenal last year.  If AJ MCCarron is listed, Matt Jones is 100% valid.

Re-watched the Norman vs. Cruz debauchery game recently and felt like the Giants were a team who could be pretty dangerous with a few more pieces.  Calling Harrison, JPP, Vernon, and DRC 'blue-chippers' is a huge reach IMO, but I expect this team to give us our biggest challenge in the NFC East this year.

Don't know about New Jersey's not so finest but I have anyone that finishes above Dallas as the winners of the East this year. 

I can see them making a serious run for it all. 

Hail. 

Hate to admit it but I agree.

I think their window is now, ours is still a draft class or two away.  We could certainly make noise this year, but they SHOULD be making noise.

EDIT:  Of course, that's with the "health" caveat.

So Olivier Vernon and Janoris Jenkins, two of the most overrated, "OH BUT LOOK AT ALL THAT POTENTIAL!" players in the league, are gonna fix that dumpster fire of a defense? JPP is magically going regrow his fingers???

Savage...

And it's only May :lol:

Who is Bucky Brooks?

Played DB and teams in the league for a several years.

Transitioned very well into sports media.  I like a lot of what he has to say.

Don't know about New Jersey's not so finest but I have anyone that finishes above Dallas as the winners of the East this year. 

I can see them making a serious run for it all. 

Hail. 

Dallas will never make a serious run for it all as long as Garrett is head coach and Jerruh is GM.

Imagine giving Dallas' entire roster to Zorn and Vinny...would anyone alive think they would now be making a "serious run for it all"? lol

I am gonna get skewered for this but....I think with a healthy romoSUCKS Dallas has the most talented roster overall. The SKins would be second IMO. Giants OL is a mess but they do have OBJ. Philly is a train wreck.

Always amuses me how you can't say anything positive about the hated rival.

They were arguably the best team in the playoffs 2 years ago before Dez and the non-catch controversy in GB.. Then they where decimated by injury last year and we benefited massively. If healthy again, they're by far and away the best in the East right now IMHO. We're building for our time down the line.

Dallas' time with Tony is now. Zeke scares me witless. Guaranteed O rook of the year for me all things being equal. He could well end uo Emmit good. Still shocked rhey picked Smith the high second instead of someone like a DE who could contribute now that they badly lack. But that O, if it stays healthy, is scary good.

Tie me to a stake and burn me in hot oil but Dallas is my NFC SB pick..

Hail.

Tie me to a stake and burn me in hot oil but Dallas is my NFC SB puck..

Hail.

Lol dude, the ESPN hype machine even works on some Redskins fans.

*reality check: The 'Turds have been 8-8 or worse every year under Carrottop except 2014. 5 out of 6 seasons.

I happened to click on an article about Damon Harrison (new member of Giants D-line) and immediately was drawn to his comments about how Steve Spags (D coordinator) does everything differently than what he's accustom to (paraphrasing). This is so overlooked in free agency, the adjustment period when guys enter a new scheme with new coaching philosophies.

As a Skins fan, I can certainly appreciate the difficulty level in bringing it all together with "major" free agents. 

Lol dude, the ESPN hype machine even works on some Redskins fans.

*reality check: The 'Turds have been 8-8 or worse every year under Carrottop except 2014. 5 out of 6 seasons.

Thankfulky, the E(xtremely) S(tupid) P(eoples) N(etwork) isn't available over here outside of a subscription so I don't have to suffer it.

My views and reality as always are my own. For whatever thats worth. Shrugs.

Hail.

The Giants and Dallas within the division tend to get the most respect by the media pundits types for different reasons.  With Dallas, they all seem caught up in the hype with that team and the emotion they engender for better or worse (love them, hate them).  And the Giants respect nauseates me even more.  For many of the pundit types they act like the Giants won the Superbowl yesterday and they are a classy organization that just does things the right way, blah, blah, blah.   Even though reality is they haven't been in the playoffs since 2011 and they arguably have been one of NFL's worst drafting teams.  They do the old style Redskin approach to this off season -- they can't grow their own players so lets spend $200 million on FAs and play fantasy football.  But heck the Giants get applauded for it by many.  

Not to mention IMO Odell Beckham is one of the more unlikeable players in the NFL.  The Norman stuff gets a lot of play but people are glossing over the game against Buffalo where he threw punches and had cheap shots against couple of players.  Breeland complained about Beckham the season before.    You had that flopping incident against us last year where he was acting like he was pushed when no one touched him.   If you read about him in the NY Papers the dude comes off as a big time weirdo. 

The kicker for me is the level of snobbiness from the NY press before our last game against them last year.  The amount of inflating going on about the Giants and the disrespect to the Redskins reached absurdity.  You'd think the Giants were the best team in the NFL and the Redskins were some scrub junior high school team.  I recall among the comments were the Redskins play like they just met each other 5 minutes before the game.

That's my long winded way of saying my distaste for the Giants has grown to Cowboy like proportions.  The fact that some of the NFL pundits are predicting them to win the division or saying its between them and Dallas -- coupled with their 200 million FA spending spree -- gets me jazzed to see us hopefully knock the Giants off of their pedestal (a pedestal they haven't earned IMO) next season.

Call me crazy but Dallas won 4 games last year.  I think we added solid pieces in the secondary to deal with the likes of ODBJR and Little foot long foot/Dez.  I cant wait to see bracket coverage on Dez with Norman in man and DHall over top.  Dez might have another temper tantrum.  Can anyone tell me how many bones will break when romoSUCKS gets blindsided?  I just dont see it.  All that talent they had last year seem to suck with or without romoSUCKS.

NYG:  Meh they should give us competition but with a new coach and a lot of new players on D how will it all fit together?  Im very happy that Coughlin is gone he had our number.  

Filthy: This is the dumpster fire

If our draft class is as good as last year and we get contribution like that again then I think it is our division to lose.  

Kirk:  I also think he has the possibility to have an even better year and really get up there with the elite.  With a returning O-line that allowed few sacks and his quick release/ mastery of the offence It is very possible.  The only thing I would like to see Kirk do better is make plays after the play breaks down.  Just use his athleticism more to break the pocket and hit receivers.   

Having a proven veteran QB is the key factor for those teams. If Cousins improves on last year the Skins will soon become media darlings. I don't think bias in many cases has anything to do with it.

They were arguably the best tram in the playoffs 2 years ago before Des and the non-carch controversy in GB.. Then they where decimated by injury last year and we benefited massively. If healthy again, they're by far and away the beat in the East right now IMGO. 

Love you GHH, but could not disagree more. It's amazing how everyone forgets about the Detroit game (at Dallas) that was stolen from them. It always the "GB game" and everyone conveniently forgets about THAT game....media bias perhaps?   ;) .  Beyond that, what have the Cowboys really done to sack up defensively?  Really, very little. They are not "far and away the team to beat."  In no way, shape, form and/or fashion. Hell GHH, I honestly think WE have better talent now, truly. Hail brother

I am gonna get skewered for this but....I think with a healthy romoSUCKS Dallas has the most talented roster overall. The SKins would be second IMO. Giants OL is a mess but they do have OBJ. Philly is a train wreck.

I'll bite.  What makes their roster the most talented?  I want to understand your thoughts. No malice.  Hail

Dallas and NYG are both top heavy teams.  If all their starters stay healthy, they will both be tough to beat, but it's rare that all your starters stay healthy during an NFL season. 

The way those GMs built their teams, they are paper thin behind their "star" players, whereas Scot has focused on making sure we have good depth at key spots.  For example, an injury to Dez or OBJ will likely ruin both teams' chances at a playoff run, whereas an injury to Reed would hurt us, but we'd be a lot better off than they would be.

Archived