Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

05/06: Redskins Make Roster Moves

It's kinda interesting at the positions they are or aren't bringing in. 14 players

3 WR - one (Showers) who played about as much at DB as he did as a receiver.

2 Safety's - Geno Matias-Smith, if he's got his head on straight; could hang around at some level. Played behind HaHa Dixon & Landon Collins @ 'Bama. Got 2 DUI's so didn't endear himself to Saban. But played a lot as a free safety. Plus SS & CB.

2 Ts & 1 G. A TE and a FB. The FB was a little odd but built like a LB (5'11"/249) as well as a couple of LBs and a DE.

No Center. However Scot has said he likes guys that can or have played multiple positions (ie, Dunbar).

Granted a real long shot for any UDFA to make even the PS but it'll be of interest to see what kind of square pegs just might fit into the round holes.

It's kinda interesting at the positions they are or aren't bringing in. 14 players

3 WR - one (Showers) who played about as much at DB as he did as a receiver.

2 Safety's - Geno Matias-Smith, if he's got his head on straight; could hang around at some level. Played behind HaHa Dixon & Landon Collins @ 'Bama. Got 2 DUI's so didn't endear himself to Saban. But played a lot as a free safety. Plus SS & CB.

2 Ts & 1 G. A TE and a FB. The FB was a little odd but built like a LB (5'11"/249) as well as a couple of LBs and a DE.

No Center. However Scot has said he likes guys that can or have played multiple positions (ie, Dunbar).

Granted a real long shot for any UDFA to make even the PS but it'll be of interest to see what kind of square pegs just might fit into the round holes.

Has anyone done any research on these guys? I have not looked at any of them closely yet. Been kind of busy. I will not have access to YouTube the next few weeks (China filters it out.). So it will be late May before I can check them out.

Other than a little bit on Smith & Showers I haven't had much time myself. However I'll be doing some catching up about mid-week. Showers did play @ Florida while Jones and Dunbar were there so maybe a little wink-wink, nudge-nudge from them to give him a look.  Obviously many of these guys may not even make it to camp fodder but still interesting to find out what's up with these guys.

Archived