Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
visionary

AJE: Why the Philippine 'Punisher' could be president

143 posts in this topic

Is there a story behind Kerry's superman blue suit?  That's a bold choice. 

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Is there a story behind Kerry's superman blue suit?  That's a bold choice. 

I think he just likes the color:

After re-tweeting this on twitter, I noticed I had just been added to five lists with the name Duterte in them.

I wonder if I should be worried.... lol.  

This asshole gets censured by the UN and issues a statement saying **** the UN and if he doesn't like it he'll leave and form a new alliance with China.

this is back to Cold War tactics when banana republic dictators would threaten to go to communism if the US didn't accede to their demands. 

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

This asshole gets censured by the UN and issues a statement saying **** the UN and if he doesn't like it he'll leave and form a new alliance with China.

this is back to Cold War tactics when banana republic dictators would threaten to go to communism if the US didn't accede to their demands. 

Good luck to his claims in the South China Sea 

let him go. What a dumb****

I've been asking some of the Filipinos that I work with what their thoughts on this guy were and was surprised that most liked him.  Seems like this guy is their version of Trump and they like that. 

They don't speak for all/a lot of Filipinos.

yeah seriously, side with the country trying to take your land.

Obama Cancels Meeting With Philippines President Who Called Him A “Son Of A Whore”

The Philippines’ controversial new president, Rodrigo Duterte, again raised eyebrows Monday when he warned US President Barack Obama not to concern himself with Filipino human rights, calling him a “son of a whore.”

The White House later responded by canceling a meeting between the two leaders.

At a press conference before he was set to fly to Laos to meet Obama and other leaders at the ASEAN conference, the Filipino leader was asked how he might react if the US president should question him over his severe anti-drug war, which has killed some 2,400 people since he assumed office in June.

“Who does he think he is? I am no American puppet. I am the president of a sovereign country and I am not answerable to anyone except the Filipino people,” he told reporters.

“You must be respectful,” Duterte said, referring to Obama. “Do not just throw away questions and statements. Son of a whore, I will curse you in that forum.”
“We will be wallowing in the mud like pigs if you do that to me,” he said.

Some outlets translated Duterte’s comments into English as “son of a ****.”

“I just heard about some of this,” Obama subsequently told reporters at a press conference in China, referring to Duterte’s comments. “But I have seen some of those colorful statements in the past, and so, clearly, he’s a colorful guy.”

Obama initially told reporters he had instructed aides to assess whether it was still worth trying to meet with Duterte on the sidelines of the ASEAN conference.
“I always want to make sure that if I’m having a meeting that it’s actually productive and we’re getting something done,” he said.

However, later on Monday, the White House announced the bilateral meeting was off and Obama would instead meet with South Korea’s president.

Click on the link for the full article

God bless Barack Obama.  Seriously. He handled this just right - cancel the meeting with this Duarte thug.  That says more than anything else you could verbalize.  Call him colorful, and pull the plug on any contact with him.  Keep your dignity - and the dignity of the U.S. - and leave this asshole alone.  

Edited by Dan T.
To clarify a point
1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

God bless Barack Obama.  Seriously.  Just cancel the meeting with this Duarte thug.  That says more than anything else you could verbalize.  Call him colorful, and pull the plug on any contact with him.  Keep your dignity - and the dignity of the U.S. - and leave this asshole alone.  

He did cancel the meeting. 

40 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

He did cancel the meeting. 

Exactly. I didn't word it correctly, but I was attempting to praise Obama and the White House for doing just that.  Don't get near this barbaric buffoon.

2 people like this

Now imagine how this would've played out if Orange Don were president, with a foreign leader threatening to "curse him" in person.  

1 person likes this

What in the...

This guys is seriously nuts.

Edited by visionary

Looks like they elected an actual crazy person to a six year term as President.. and we're just getting into the third month.  

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Looks like they elected an actual crazy person to a six year term as President.. and we're just getting into the third month.  

You know there is a lesson to be learned here..I just doubt anyone will pay attention. 

It's also comical to see that blowhard (Duterte) now backtrack on his comments a few days later. 

Edited by The Evil Genius