Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Su'a Cravens OLB USC

PCS

Good evening young man. Welcome to the Washington Redskins and hope you have a long,safe career with the team. :)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/su'a-cravens?id=2555345

2555345.jpg

OVERVIEW

Cravens' extended family has several NFL ties, including cousin Jordan Cameron (former USC and current Miami Dolphins tight end), distant cousin Manti Te'o (Notre Dame/San Diego Chargers linebacker) and his mother's second cousin David Fulcher (former Arizona State and Cincinnati Bengals safety). While those genes portend great athleticism, Cravens made his own name as the USA Today National High School Defensive Player of the Year in 2012 (97 tackles, eight sacks, three INT). He graduated from Vista Murrieta High a semester early to join USC for 2013, securing a starting spot at strong safety the following fall despite injuring his knee in the spring. Cravens made various Freshman All-American teams as well as honorable mention All-Pac-12 notice (52 tackles, four interceptions). He moved to a safety/linebacker hybrid role as a sophomore (a change he strongly resisted at first), leading the team with 17 tackles for loss (five sacks) and three interceptions to earn third team AP All-American and first-team All-Pac-12 accolades. Cravens repeated those honors in 2015, topping all Trojan defenders with 86 tackles, 15 for loss, and 5.5 sacks and once again showing his overall game by intercepting two passes and breaking up two others.

PRO DAY RESULTS  
40-yard dash: 4.69 seconds 
Vertical: 30 1/2 inches 
Short shuttle: 4.41 seconds 
3-cone: 6.92 seconds

*Click Link For More* 

Cravens' extended family has several NFL ties, including cousin Jordan Cameron (former USC and current Miami Dolphins tight end), distant cousin Manti Te'o (Notre Dame/San Diego Chargers linebacker) and his mother's second cousin David Fulcher (former Arizona State and Cincinnati Bengals safety).

You had me at "David Fulcher".

Anyone who grew up on tecmo super bowl knows what I'm talking about.

some good stuff here.

Michael Lev, Orange County Register: “What makes Cravens the most valuable player on the USC football team is that there’s no one else quite like him. He’s part-linebacker, part-safety. He can rush the passer, defend the outside run, drop into a zone or cover a receiver out of the slot.”

http://projecttrojan.uscgamedayapp.com/cravens-saying/what-theyre-saying-about-sua-cravens

I like it I like it. I like it. He can be a LB, or a SS. 2 needs that he can probably fill one or the other. Nothing but praise from the "experts" which is kind of the norm. Will be a very good coverage LB, which is whats needed in todays game, if thats ultimately where he ends up playing. We need someone who can at least slow down some tight ends lol

Few players I really like who I'd have taken before Cravens but can't really complain. Fills a big need and is the type of piece Joe Barry will love to his versatility.

He might be our Deon Buchanon. Box safety capable of landing a bit hit or a solid athletic linebacker.

Nicklebacker? Wonder if he'll be used like Monte Coleman was used? Some stuff I read said he is questionable in coverage. ES reads a lot more positive on Craven than the tone I heard on the NFL Network.

This feels like a quasi-need pick. Is it a good one? I know little about him and can't really tell from the write ups.

Hes a huge fan of Sean. He wont even think to ask for #21.

@Sua_Cravens - RIP to the best safety to ever do it, Sean Taylor. There will never be another like you.

Said that last year.

And this just now: @Sua_Cravens - Redskins got a good one !

Don't even think about asking for that 21 tho

IDK, I've been one of the biggest demanding that number left alone (hell, I have a 21 patch tattoo on my chest).  Something tells me he would do it justice.  If he asked, I wouldn't stop him.  That's if he asks.

IDK, I've been one of the biggest demanding that number left alone (hell, I have a 21 patch tattoo on my chest). Something tells me he would do it justice. If he asked, I wouldn't stop him. That's if he asks.

Maybe. But If I were him I'd try to create my own legacy instead of attempting to live up to someone elses, or honor it, by wearing their number.

Great pick, though.

Archived