Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GIF Breakdown: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

thehbrwhammer

He's a great zone receiver who is good at catching-in-traffic and in the endzone. Honestly, I think he replaces Garcon's role in the offense once he develops his route running ability. Maybe next year?

Strengths

Incredible body control

Great jumping ability

Excellent catch-in-traffic ability

Great at finding zones/seams between defenses.

Weaknesses

Ran a 4.50 40-yard dash, but plays like he runs a 4.70. Very little separation. I was shocked to see him run that 40.

Still developing route running ability. Limited route tree at TCU.

Bad against press coverage. Needs a good push-pull release with his size.

Horrible at getting YAC. Definitely a zone finding possession receiver.

Pro Comparison: Terrence Williams. Similar size and abilities coming from Big-12 schools. Doctson has better hands and a higher ceiling for sure. Some say he's a poor man's AJ Green based on his body control (similar style), but not nearly as elite in terms of overall quality of prospect.

Note: IF you get 30 second ads on the videos I apologize in advance. Streamable apparently (Video provider) started serving ads to the breakdowns. I'm REALLY hoping it's a mistake since they mentioned it shouldn't be that invasive. Please try reloading the page - I'm on vacation right now or I'd swap all the videos out for GFYs. I do not make any profits from their ads and have emailed them to see if they can resolve the issue.

The OP keeps on deliverin'---thank you, hammer.  B)

I'll be watching  the "separation" thingy, and it is one quality being used to distinguish between some of these wr's (and others) as casserly and a couple others have commented on...

Archived