Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES 2016 Draft Day Discussion Thread

RedBeast

Well gents? We finally made it. Come in here tonight to rant and rave. Scream for joy or cry your hearts out. Thought we could use one single thread over the next three days to get our ya ya's out. The Wizard will be working hard tonight and we are going to watch our team get better as he does.

Welcome to the NFL 2016 College Draft. Glad you could make it!

scot-mccloughan.jpg

That will be a sleepy night for me whatsoever. I'll just check for the pick tomorrow morning. Same for round 2 and 3.

Honestly, I don't like the fact that it's over 3 days, that's way too long for something that will turn around:

"Your team just drafted Joe Schmoe, he looks great on tape, but he just tore his ACL tenth times in a row in less than two days. How will this turn out for your team"

or

"Damn, the Redskins just took Brandon Scherff at #5 what the **** is that? That's a stupid move! You don't take a guard at #5. They really suck. See the Giants just grabbed Flowers at 10 which is a panic pick because they didn't grab Scherff, but we're not debating that, we're telling you Mara rocks and that's a great move from the Giants."

else:

"What an impressive move for the Rams to pick Jared Goff for such a small fee they pay. You know, Jeff Fisher is a mastermind for raping the Redskins like he did for RG3 and paying just a small price to go from 15 to 1 and pick a sure future HoF that will rocks the world. Fisher is great at raping other teams after trading Bradford to the Eagles, as well and getting Gurley last year. Championship for the Rams in that crowded NFC West. Now, we're not debating the fact that they don't have any decent WR besides Wes Welker, and that they also need a good line to block for Gurley and their shiny new toy, or he'll end up playing the same position as Sam Bradford: IR".

I get the excitment to discover who we're picking, but seriously a 4/6 hours show for a two seconds of excitment or delusion if you don't like the pick... That's not worth it really.

So pissed it starts at 8:00 which means I'll be in bed before our pick, if we make a pick at 21.  I heard SM say several times he's got a few players identified and hopes they will be there.  So even though we all want a trade back every draft if he does trade back that may not be a good sign as one of his primary targets are gone.

This is such a great draft I would be literally fine with virtually every player I have seen suggested over the last few weeks.  Love Kelly, Joseph, Billings, and a number of other DL.  And of course the top WR would be a great long term pick. 

Hopefully we don't make any picks tonight.

Just Trade Baby!

I dont mind trading down, but I dont want to trade out of the 1st round this year (unless we get a ridiculous offer).

Of course you can find great talent in later rounds but Id rather make a pick in the 1st round if a player we like is there vs adding another 2nd and 4th. If we didnt have our full assortment of picks, then I would trade out of the 1st. 

I'm excited for the draft, but hate the new format.  It's just stupid having round 1 on a Thursday night, then rounds 2-3 on Friday night wrapping up on Sat.  

Just get back to the old format of Sat./Sun. so people can have real draft parties again, cook-outs, drinking til they fall down, etc.  Hard to do that on a Thursday night at 8pm, when most people work the next day.

I'm excited for the draft, but hate the new format.  It's just stupid having round 1 on a Thursday night, then rounds 2-3 on Friday night wrapping up on Sat.  

Just get back to the old format of Sat./Sun. so people can have real draft parties again, cook-outs, drinking til they fall down, etc.  Hard to do that on a Thursday night at 8pm, when most people work the next day.

200_s.gif

Dude, I'll be drinking til I fall down AND working the next day. But that just happens to be my Thursday night routine...

I agree - stupid format meant to squeeze additional revenue from addicted fans. :-(

I wish (I've been trying) I could find on-line somewhere the actual TIME that each pick was made over the last 2-3 drafts that the 1st round has been on Thursday. At 6-8 picks per hour, I'm guessing the Skins would be on the clock between 10:30 and 11? I just want to be able to uber back home from the City in time for our pick, and the event ends at 930, though I can pop out early.

Oh and the Caps game. But I've already resigned to having to miss that.

WTF?...I want to trust Scot M but that was a serious reach!! Mocks only had him as a high 3rd at best...

Just warming up, don't want to go into the draft cold and pull something tonight lol...

How true bruh!  Tomorrow morning is going to be a hoot and after Saturday evening ExtremeSkins might blowup!

Hail Em Up!

I've been reading rumors all over the place, but at least one claimed to have credible inside information that they were focused on a lineman from Alabama, though whether it was offensive (Kelly) or defensive (Reed, Robinson) they weren't sure.

For what it's worth.

Well they only way you'll get them to move it back is if you and enough like minded people stop watching it on Thursdays.

Archived