PleaseBlitz

Game of Thrones Season 6

1,717 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

 

I want book readers to live with this.

 

Your hate for book readers is unnatural.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have no idea why Martin is slacking on the books.  Possibly because he's made a ton of money and doesn't really need to finish them if he doesn't want to?  He knows that the Double D's are going to end the series with something, and he's probably influenced that somewhat, so there's no real NEED to finish them.

 

Random thought: We know that there are show only folks (raises hands) and people who have read teh books and watched the show.  Are there any book only people out there? I don't even know if there is any way to know that.  But eh, random passing thought.

 

All that said, there's no question coming up with an ending that isn't going to be ridiculous is going to be virtually impossible.  At least 75% of the audience is going to hate the ending no matter what it is. 

 

They can't have a "fairy tale ending" at this point, because that would just be eh, ridiculous.  I don't think they can just let the White Walkers win and destroy everything.  Maybe.  But that also would almost seem like the entire series has been pointless.

 

Danny on the throne?  Jon?  Cercei magically manages to stay on the throne while killing everybody else? 

 

You're right.  There's no good way to end this journey that's going to appeal to most folks.

 

I agree with all of your points.     

 

I'm an avid reader, and love the books, but he has no incentive to finish the story.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't finish it at all.    If he does, I'm steeling myself for the fact that it will be a disappointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

 

Your hate for book readers is unnatural.

 

 

I'm just having some fun, folks.

 

But, seriously, your precious books will probably be finished by an author for hire in 2031.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

 

I'm just having some fun, folks.

 

But, seriously, your precious books will probably be finished by an author for hire in 2031.

 

I think the next book Martin releases will take the reader halfway through season six.  But it will be one amazingly intricately painted narrative by God.  

 

Then, Martin will keel over.  Bittersweet ending ****es!  Told ya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zoony said:

 

I think the next book Martin releases will take the reader halfway through season six.  But it will be one amazingly intricately painted narrative by God.  

 

Then, Martin will keel over.  Bittersweet ending ****es!  Told ya!

Isn't that the problem at this point that the HBO series has past the books in the narrative? If so then Martin is basically at the mercy of HBO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Isn't that the problem at this point that the HBO series has past the books in the narrative? If so then Martin is basically at the mercy of HBO.

 

Yes, and it is glorious.

 

Honestly, I think what has happened is pretty simple. This ugly 350 pound trollish looking dude now has "**** You" money and can go to every Comic Con in the tournament and have an orgy with three Khaleesi cos-players.

 

I wouldn't be writing a 700 page novel about dragons either.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my sister was in Rwanda doing some marketing and promotion work for a project sponsored by Women for Women International.  She sent me this, which she said Game of Thrones fans might appreciate...

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

 

Yes, and it is glorious.

 

Honestly, I think what has happened is pretty simple. This ugly 350 pound trollish looking dude now has "**** You" money and can go to every Comic Con in the tournament and have an orgy with three Khaleesi cos-players.

 

I wouldn't be writing a 700 page novel about dragons either.

 

I have been saying that for years, and people are just now realizing it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dude does seem to do a LOT of events. JK Rowling interacts with her fans, but she doesn't leave the part of England she currently owns to do it (Wales, I believe. All of Wales).

 

This 70 year old mutli-millionaire is traveling to the Edina MN comic book convention for a reason. That's all I'm saying.

 

And because of this, the book readers - oh the very proud book readers - have to literally SEE the beloved story they have invested decades in come to an end on  a screen. Possibly involving a CGI Laurence Oliver, because why the **** not at this point?

 

I hope it ends with a lame deus ex machina or maybe Jon listening to Don't Stop Believin' at a diner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The dude does seem to do a LOT of events. JK Rowling interacts with her fans, but she doesn't leave the part of England she currently owns to do it (Wales, I believe. All of Wales).

 

This 70 year old mutli-millionaire is traveling to the Edina MN comic book convention for a reason. That's all I'm saying.

 

And because of this, the book readers - oh the very proud book readers - have to literally SEE the beloved story they have invested decades in come to an end on  a screen. Possibly involving a CGI Laurence Oliver, because why the **** not at this point?

 

I hope it ends with a lame deus ex machina or maybe Jon listening to Don't Stop Believin' at a diner.

^^^^

hater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The dude does seem to do a LOT of events. JK Rowling interacts with her fans, but she doesn't leave the part of England she currently owns to do it (Wales, I believe. All of Wales).

 

This 70 year old mutli-millionaire is traveling to the Edina MN comic book convention for a reason. That's all I'm saying.

 

And because of this, the book readers - oh the very proud book readers - have to literally SEE the beloved story they have invested decades in come to an end on  a screen. Possibly involving a CGI Laurence Oliver, because why the **** not at this point?

 

I hope it ends with a lame deus ex machina or maybe Jon listening to Don't Stop Believin' at a diner.

You should probably stay off the extemeskins message boards, and use your writing time to finish writing the books George.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the FrankenMountain thing still alive? I don't think he died.

 

It would be really neat if they redeemed that dude with a sweet little girlfriend. Like what happened to Jaws in Moonraker. Remember that? Bond goes Star Wars and forgives the sadistic killer for hire because a grown-up Pippi Longstocking fell in love with him? That was....not the high point of the Bond series.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Is the FrankenMountain thing still alive? I don't think he died.

 

It would be really neat if they redeemed that dude with a sweet little girlfriend. Like what happened to Jaws in Moonraker. Remember that? Bond goes Star Wars and forgives the sadistic killer for hire because a grown-up Pippi Longstocking fell in love with him? That was....not the high point of the Bond series.

 

I feel like theyre going to start throwing fans bones.  Frankrnmountain will battle scarface to the death while millions of nerds pleasure themselves in front of the TV.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The dude does seem to do a LOT of events. JK Rowling interacts with her fans, but she doesn't leave the part of England she currently owns to do it (Wales, I believe. All of Wales).

 

This 70 year old mutli-millionaire is traveling to the Edina MN comic book convention for a reason. That's all I'm saying.

 

And because of this, the book readers - oh the very proud book readers - have to literally SEE the beloved story they have invested decades in come to an end on  a screen. Possibly involving a CGI Laurence Oliver, because why the **** not at this point?

 

I hope it ends with a lame deus ex machina or maybe Jon listening to Don't Stop Believin' at a diner.

 

Calling it now, the series will end with the cast in a huge brawl that pours outside of the studio into a dress rehearsal of throw out your hands, stick out your tush

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Piss on you! I'm working for David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

 

 

 

By the way, notice that "the book only" thread has died?

 

Know why?

 

Because there are no books! There will never be books!!!

 

Hahahahahaha! You all wasted your lives!!!!!!

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I can see a "Misery" type sequel in which a group of deranged fans kidnap Martin and force him to write a proper book ending that fulfills all their expectations.

 

Sledgehammer to the ankles has been done, though. Not sure how they incapacitate JRR from waddling away.

"You MUST write us a better ending than that ****adootie TV show, Mr. MAN."

Edited by Dan T.
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He started writing these books during the first Bush Administration!

Harper Lee beat him to the bookstore!!

 

He needs to crank out another 1,800 pages in his 70s while traveling to ComicCons!!!

 

It's never happening!!

 

You are all dum dums!!!!

 

I started watching this show, because I was flipping channels and saw a super-hot naked chick sitting on what looked like a charcoal grill with some giant lizards crawling all over her. That was my entrypoint. I know as much as you yo-yos that have probably put up Geocities sites about the first book!!!

 

Oh happy day!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The dude does seem to do a LOT of events. JK Rowling interacts with her fans, but she doesn't leave the part of England she currently owns to do it (Wales, I believe. All of Wales).

 

This 70 year old mutli-millionaire is traveling to the Edina MN comic book convention for a reason. That's all I'm saying.

 

And because of this, the book readers - oh the very proud book readers - have to literally SEE the beloved story they have invested decades in come to an end on  a screen. Possibly involving a CGI Laurence Oliver, because why the **** not at this point?

 

I hope it ends with a lame deus ex machina or maybe Jon listening to Don't Stop Believin' at a diner.

a61.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

He started writing these books during the first Bush Administration!

Harper Lee beat him to the bookstore!!

 

He needs to crank out another 1,800 pages in his 70s while traveling to ComicCons!!!

 

It's never happening!!

 

You are all dum dums!!!!

 

I started watching this show, because I was flipping channels and saw a super-hot naked chick sitting on what looked like a charcoal grill with some giant lizards crawling all over her. That was my entrypoint. I know as much as you yo-yos that have probably put up Geocities sites about the first book!!!

 

Oh happy day!!!

Or. OR! The books could be all done and he's just holding off publishing until the series is done in, what, two years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Or. OR! The books could be all done and he's just holding off publishing until the series is done in, what, two years?

 

He has nothing written!!!

 

Santa Claus is not coming!!!!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did some binge watching over the weekend to get caught up. Wow, what a season!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 3:53 PM, zoony said:

 

I feel like theyre going to start throwing fans bones.  Frankrnmountain will battle scarface to the death while millions of nerds pleasure themselves in front of the TV.  

Is that wrong?

What we need, is Randall, from the movie "Clerks",, to break it down as succinctly as he did for the LOTR nerds in "Clerks 2"   

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Cersei is sitting the on the Iron Throne, Lady Olenna is the remaining head of the Tyrells, Ellaria Martell ascended the House of Dorne, and of course Daenerys is leading a huge armada against Cersei who doesn't know that yet.  Only Jon Snow is proclaimed King of the North.  The rest of the world is pretty much ruled by women.  I don't expect that to last into Season 7, but it's nice for a change in a world where women are largely the property of men.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

So Cersei is sitting the on the Iron Throne, Lady Olenna is the remaining head of the Tyrells, Ellaria Martell ascended the House of Dorne, and of course Daenerys is leading a huge armada against Cersei who doesn't know that yet.  Only Jon Snow is proclaimed King of the North.  The rest of the world is pretty much ruled by women.  I don't expect that to last into Season 7, but it's nice for a change in a world where women are largely the property of men.

 

I expect it to last.  The girl power thing seems to be an intentional trend with the TV writers reworking of the books story line.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is something I have enjoyed seeing as well @LadySkinsFan

 

the story bucks traditions in a lot of ways and that is one of them. Don't forget about Yara becoming leader of the iron islands as well. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.