PleaseBlitz

Game of Thrones Season 6

Link?

Google Watchers on the Wall GOT trailer 2 comprehensive breakdown.

It has some serious speculation and goes very deep into the details of each frame that no one would catch at regular speed. So I don't want to link it here per the no "spoilers" tag

Correction: it was Watchers on the Wall who did the breakdown NOT Winter is coming! My apologies

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

Here's the link:

http://watchersonthewall.com/comprehensive-breakdown-of-the-game-of-thrones-season-6-trailer/

Too much for me.  I'm happy to just enjoy it as it comes.  

That's actually for the initial trailer ... this is for the 2nd trailer that came out yesterday --- and reveals even more than the first one ...

http://watchersonthewall.com/comprehensive-breakdown-of-the-second-game-of-thrones-season-6-trailer/

• Like 1

How about Daenerys with yet another new group of warriors or making another character central to the entire show for a couple of years before killing him off so they can start with someone else.

I for one cannot wait to see Dany in another situation where she is surrounded by strangers and should - by all rights - be killed within a matter of minutes yet somehow ends up ruling over all of them until she makes a critical error and has to flee - preferably even further away from Westeros where she and her goddamn dragons need to end up at some point.

I also really hope that Littlefinger betrays a bunch of people who somehow are never aware that he is betraying him. I honestly think that Cersei has forgotten than he even exists even though he's now like, lord over 1/3 of the kingdom or something.

I still think the show ends with Rickon Stark and Ser Pounce on the Iron Throne.

• Like 1

I still think the show ends with Rickon Stark and Ser Pounce on the Iron Throne.

I'm sticking with what I've always gone with.  I think the entire series of Game of Thrones is George Martin's inner child getting back at all the bullies for picking on him when he was a kid, for being soft, book-smart and overweight (I've completely imagined this was the case in order to make my theory work).  As such, everyone who is powerful and good with a sword (athletes) will get slaughtered and the soft, overweight, book smart guy will wind up on the throne.

Samwell Tarly for the Iron Throne.  He has as much of a chance as anyone else.

I'm sticking with what I've always gone with. I think the entire series of Game of Thrones is George Martin's inner child getting back at all the bullies for picking on him when he was a kid, for being soft, book-smart and overweight (I've completely imagined this was the case in order to make my theory work). As such, everyone who is powerful and good with a sword (athletes) will get slaughtered and the soft, overweight, book smart guy will wind up on the throne.

Samwell Tarly for the Iron Throne. He has as much of a chance as anyone else.

Shoulda gone with varys. Soft, overweight, smart, and no pesky vows standing in the way Edited by Bliz

By the way, I watched a breakdown of one of the clips were someone explained that we are now seeing house sigils of houses we've never heard of before. (I'm sure a book reader will now explain who I'm completely wrong and the House was mentioned in Episode 3 of Season 2 and I really should not be surprised).

Seriously, it's Season 6. Stop introducing entire freaking plotlines. They need to start tightening this baby up.

Everyone except Bron, Tryion, and maybe the Hot Queen and her grandma should be killed in Episode 1.

I also was reminded in the clip that Jamie and Cersei's daughter died on that boat last year. I had completely forgotten that a) it happened and B) why the hot Bollywood actresses wanted to kill her anyway.

Their dad was the awesome bisexual dude whose head exploded at Tyrion's trial, right?

By the way, I watched a breakdown of one of the clips were someone explained that we are now seeing house sigils of houses we've never heard of before. (I'm sure a book reader will now explain who I'm completely wrong and the House was mentioned in Episode 3 of Season 2 and I really should not be surprised).

Seriously, it's Season 6. Stop introducing entire freaking plotlines. They need to start tightening this baby up.

Everyone except Bron, Tryion, and maybe the Hot Queen and her grandma should be killed in Episode 1.

I also was reminded in the clip that Jamie and Cersei's daughter died on that boat last year. I had completely forgotten that a) it happened and B) why the hot Bollywood actresses wanted to kill her anyway.

Their dad was the awesome bisexual dude whose head exploded at Tyrion's trial, right?

there are about 17 characters that fit the description "bisexual dude whose head exploded'

You know who I'm tired of? Sir Never Take the Hint. Apparently this season we get to watch him slowly be eaten alive by a flesh eating virus. His character has accelerated from bore to snore. Spoiler alert. I predict at some point he will rescue Dany and she will shun him.

Also Dany has grown more and more annoying as well. Just get on your ****ing dragon and go attack some ****. Apparently she'd rather play house in a city filled with gold faced assholes. Now we have to suffer through a season of her convincing an unwashed hoard of savages to bow to her. If HBO had the slightest compassion for the viewer they would lop her head off in episode one and be done with it.

Things I want to see:

Frankenmountain tearing the high sparrows head off of his shoulders and punting it off the top of the temple

Cersie and Marjorie in a fight to the death. Marjorie wins but the mountain tears her head off and punts it.

Jamie on the iron throne. I think he is the best mix of brains and brawn

Sansa Stark get captured by Ramsey and tortured for a full year. Because she deserves it

I will post more later

• Like 2

I'm trying to remember where we are:

Is Grey Worm dead? I literally cannot remember if he is or not. Jor-el (the red-headed knight) and the recasted boyfriend of Dany are looking for her among the Dothraki, right? Meanwhile, Tryrion, the hot translator, the useless army of eunuchs Dany bought, and I think Varys are in Mereen doing something or other.

Cersei just got body-shamed and has a monster, right? That weird monk who is not the old horny monk built it for her, which was nice. Tommen is still king. His hot Queen is still in jail....maybe......The hot Queen's queer brother is, I think, in jail. Jamie is coming home with a corpse. And Bron also too?

Arya is now blind and trapped in a storyline that went from awesome to tedious in record time.

Bran is now 26 years old and living in a tree with Yoda and hopefully Hoder. I think one of the Wonder Twins died, but I could be wrong. Did they both die?

Sansa jumped into a snow bank with a penisless Theon. I actually assumed that the first scene of the new season would be them landing to find Ramsay standing there waiting for them since Ramsay has been freaking omniscient ever since he joined the cast. But it looks like she gets away and gets a wardrobe change as well.

Stannis...dead.....

Brienne...killed him

Pod...not dead?

Red Witch...running away.

Jon Snow....deadish.

There are, like, 8 members of the night's watch right now if my math is correct. Seriously, I think me and some drinking buddies could take Castle Black at the moment.

The hot Bollywood sisters are still hot and still presumably in Bollywood and oh my god did that entire storyline suck.

Dany is back with the Dothraki because why wouldn't her story reset to season 1 at this point?

Littlefinger is somewhere probably twirling a mustache. I seriously have no idea what he was last seen doing. He kidnapped Sansa and gave her to the Boltons which should presumably piss off a million different people with armies, but I'm sure he'll lie his way out of it somehow.

Christ, are there more people? The Onion Knight dude whose name I forget was going somewhere to do something and is apparently back from that.

Based on that preview, there's a new red witch who is reddier and witchier, I bet.

I'm seriously going through the opening credits to see if I can remember the locations and hopefully recall some characters.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

I'm sticking with what I've always gone with. I think the entire series of Game of Thrones is George Martin's inner child getting back at all the bullies for picking on him when he was a kid, for being soft, book-smart and overweight (I've completely imagined this was the case in order to make my theory work). As such, everyone who is powerful and good with a sword (athletes) will get slaughtered and the soft, overweight, book smart guy will wind up on the throne.

Samwell Tarly for the Iron Throne. He has as much of a chance as anyone else.

The only thing that I think the viewer can glean about the author imo is that he has some serious issues with women. And that he's a huge dork and doesn't understand the fundamentals of drama. But I digress not sure your theory explains some of the more popular characters in the show

there are about 17 characters that fit the description "bisexual dude whose head exploded'

You know who I'm tired of? Sir Never Take the Hint. Apparently this season we get to watch him slowly be eaten alive by a flesh eating virus. His character has accelerated from bore to snore. Spoiler alert. I predict at some point he will rescue Dany and she will shun him.

I hope he explains ruling to dany very slowly this year. "The Dothraki only respect strength, Khaleesi."

(By the way Khaleesi is a cooler name than Dany but I can't spell Khalessi. I'm also not sure I'm spelling Dany right. I know three names for her and blank on half the rest of the cast).

Cersie and Marjorie in a fight to the death. Marjorie wins but the mountain tears her head off and punts it.

Is Marjorie the Hot Queen? That sounds right, but I honestly don't remember her name.

Sansa Stark get captured by Ramsey and tortured for a full year. Because she deserves it

Ah, I like Poor Dumb Sansa these days. I am ****ing exhausted with Ramsey. Somehow I'm expected to believe that this pudgy faced weirdo is not only the greatest warrior in the world but is omniscient as well. I would like a supercut of every time he magically appears someplace that people are not expecting him to be.

I hope he explains ruling to dany very slowly this year. "The Dothraki only respect strength, Khaleesi."

(By the way Khaleesi is a cooler name than Dany but I can't spell Khalessi. I'm also not sure I'm spelling Dany right. I know three names for her and blank on half the rest of the cast).

Is Marjorie the Hot Queen? That sounds right, but I honestly don't remember her name.

Ah, I like Poor Dumb Sansa these days. I am ****ing exhausted with Ramsey. Somehow I'm expected to believe that this pudgy faced weirdo is not only the greatest warrior in the world but is omniscient as well. I would like a supercut of every time he magically appears someplace that people are not expecting him to be.

Ramsey's character is loosely based on the life of Prince Harry. Not a lot of people know that

And wtf is going on with the whole Arya plot line? So they cut faces off people and put them over their own buffalo bill style? Really? And what the hell is the point of that tribe of weirdos? They are supremely powerful shape shifters who like to kill but are not allowed to or something? **** just turn Arya loose and let her get killed by Ramsey Bolton already (you know it's gonna happen)

**** it. Ramsey Bolton for the iron throne. I'm going to start cheering for him

The only thing that I think the viewer can glean about the author imo is that he has some serious issues with women. And that he's a huge dork and doesn't understand the fundamentals of drama. But I digress not sure your theory explains some of the more popular characters in the show

I think he (and a lot of his fans) don't understand the difference between plot and world-building.

Because I'll admit that I'm sucked into this show because the world-building is the best anyone has ever done in entertainment since probably George Lucas (whose genius was in allowing the audience to build the world for him as anyone who ever had great adventures with the Snaggletooth and Hammerhead action figures from 1978 can attest. Nearly all their adventures involved stealing the Millenium Falcon and going to a planet where the topography matched my parents very ugly 1970s bedspread).

But the plot is....hooboy......

• Like 1

I think he (and a lot of his fans) don't understand the difference between plot and world-building.

Because I'll admit that I'm sucked into this show because the world-building is the best anyone has ever done in entertainment since probably George Lucas (whose genius was in allowing the audience to build the world for him as anyone who ever had great adventures with the Snaggletooth and Hammerhead action figures from 1978 can attest. Nearly all their adventures involved stealing the Millenium Falcon and going to a planet where the topography matched my parents very ugly 1970s bedspread).

But the plot is....hooboy......

I've said this for the past 3 seasons. Unbelievable fictional universe. Unbelievably bad plot. Just awful

I hate that I am invested. I feel like I got sucked into a game of dungeons and dragons that has been going on for hours and hours and I'm out past dinner

• Like 1

It's funny to me that everybody watches this show, but nobody appears to like it.  "I hate X character."  "This plot line sucks."  "Why did X happen the way it did, it would have been better if [the relevant character] ended up as dragon ****."  

If you hate it so much, why are you a) watching, and b ) spending so much time talking about it?  Just cut the cord and move on.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 6

Arya is now blind and trapped in a storyline that went from awesome to tedious in record time.

The second most disappointing part of last season besides Jon Snow.

Did you comment on the tall knight chick or Theon's sister and that mess?

It's funny to me that everybody watches this show, but nobody appears to like it. "I hate X character." "This plot line sucks." "Why did X happen the way it did, it would have been better if [the relevant character] ended up as dragon ****."

If you hate is so much, why are you a) watching, and B) spending so much time talking about it?

I should clarify. I hate myself for not being able to not watch.

For the record, I used to really enjoy Judge Wapner so I'm not sure the whole "the show must be great" and "I watch it" are as correlated as you might think

Ramsay with "twenty good men" is the most dangerous army in Westeros.

He once snuck into camp and defeated an army of 10,000. True story

• Like 1

For the record, I used to really enjoy Judge Wapner so I'm not sure the whole "the show must be great" and "I watch it" are as correlated as you might think

To be fair to the army of 10,000, it was cold and at night. No much should be expected from them in those conditions.

Did you sit around and complain about Judge Wapner's decisions to whoever was in earshot?  Because that would be equally annoying.  

Did you sit around and complain about Judge Wapner's decisions to whoever was in earshot?  Because that would be equally annoying.  

If you don't like reading about him complaining, don't read his posts. Cut the cord or however you said it. :)

agreed all around.    Kill off some of the characters.  Kill off some of the houses.   but stop killing off all of the characters that are interesting--- its cool and shocking when it happens suddenly and rarely, it is dull and tedious when it happens every time.

the Arya storyline can still be rescued and cool.

the Wall/white walker storyline can still be rescued.

get the ****ing dragons out of the desert, and kill everyone there except the dwarf and maybe the hot maid (and MAYBE the dragon queen if she ****ing does something other than whine and pout).

Jaime and Bron are interesting, cercie is interesting, ....

hell if they just: kill dorne, the desert, the vikings (theon's family) and Bravvos -- it will be ok.  

• bring Arya back into Westeros (with some super spy powers, I guess) and drop the rest of that plot
  • drop Dorne, (those people can show up in a random brothel/orgy, but dont need any plot around that)
  • have danny, bald eunich, and Tyrion jump on three dragons as the desert erupts and everyone over there dies-- and get them back to Westeros, and never hear from that crap again.
  • drop the island ship dudes other than Theon, and presumably he is going to partially redeem himself by dying a meaningful death... so get to it--- and never hear from the Iron Born viking losers again
  • Kill the old Frey dude (with the million kids that hosted the Red Wedding) in a satisfying and fun way, and then never hear from any of them again.
  • Either kill Bran or get him the hell back to castle black or winterfell (with superpowers, i assume) and have him DO something
  • have little finger get caught in lies and ....... something happen to him.
  • and you STILL have a ton of characters..... but you can have an occasional red witch/Samwise/tilly baby/brienne/podrick/sansa/cercie/jamie/bron/hot queen/old diana Rigg/sparrowIsis/boltons/jon snow (who i assume will be raised from the dead?) scene and still have them twined in some way that you might be interested....

and no new characters without them explicitly killing two old characters in their first scene.  No exceptions

Most of them are better looking than Sam Tarly, fight with swords or other weapons, are more athletic, etc.  And the tie that binds...every single one of them is dying in a spectacular bloodbath before this story concludes. 

Sam Tarly will be running this **** by the end, with his cast of weirdos to help him...The giant amazon warrior to be his head kingsguard, and Tyrion the dwarf to advise him.  Whoever else is an "oddity" of sorts gets to stay too, which probably means Davos, the guy missing his fingers, will be allowed to stick around.  Everyone else is going down once Sam Tarly gets angry.

Shoulda gone with varys. Soft, overweight, smart, and no pesky vows standing in the way

I don't know, Varys is slick enough that I could actually believe that one happening.  Sam Tarly would be out of left field.