Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate 04/30/15 (Platinum Lot A)

pez

Official 2016 Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate

ddpt2016.png

The snow is melting, the birds are chirping... time to party Skins fans!

While we have enjoyed our hibernation (needed badly after another crazy season), we are excited to get back in action with our tailgating family! Its a new year with a lot going on with our favorite team, so lets gather, eat some great food, have a few drinks, and discuss the latest about the Redskins! Yes, its that time! The Draft Day Party Tailgate! The dawn till dusk event, where we can all chill, play games, drink, eat great food, have rational and irrational discussions regarding the moves our team has been making, tip up a beer and not have to freak out about a game like every other tailgate. So come on out, bring your friends, bring your families, and bring your love for our one and only Washington Redskins!

Once again, we will have containers available for the Extremeskins Charity Funds. There will be two containers. One container will be for pop tabs (the little tabs on the top of aluminum beer and soda cans)... this is to benefit the Ronald McDonald House. If you drink a beer or coke, don't forget to take off the tab and put it in the container before throwing away!!! The other container will be for monetary donations, and will be for the the charity selected selected this year: The Alzheimer's Foundation. Please donate what you can, there are needy folks out there that can use our help! This will be the last time to donate to this charity before we turn over the raised funds.

I am sure most of you are familiar with our tailgate threads, but I like to emphasize that we try to be as organized as we possibly can. At the bottom of this post you will see 4 sections (Food, Drinks, Supplies and Needed Items). We ask that if you plan on attending, please donate items to the tailgate and check what we have and what we need and post what you can bring. I will keep the lists updated as frequently as I can. We understand that in some situations, that folks cannot bring something, but please remember the more folks bring, the better the tailgate!

What Is It?

The Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate is probably our most popular event of the year, and it keeps getting bigger every year! We hold this tailgate at Fedex Field (in the parking lot) on the same day the Redskins hold their Draft Day Party, where fans can enjoy various events in the stadium.

The Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate is a massive tailgate that gathers tailgate groups and fans from all over the parking lots on regular game days into one central spot. The tailgate runs all day from Dawn till Dusk and is one big festival of fans. If you like to eat great food and enjoy tasty beverages while playing games, listening to tunes and chatting about the burgundy and gold with fellow die hard fans, then this is the place for you!

Please read this entire post for all the details!

When Is It?

April 30th (Saturday). From Dawn until Dusk!

There will be a group of us there for our ritualistic: "Shots at Dawn"

Where Is It?

Platinum A Lot at Fedex Field

The section is listed as A1 on Fedex Field's Parking Guide you can see here:

http://prod.static.redskins.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/fedexfield-parking_guide-2015.pdf

We will be in the same spot as last year, which is on the outer edge of the solar power overhangs. We do this, so we have shade available to us and if it is a nice day, we can catch some rays.. plus the Redskins don't like folks cooking directly underneath the solar panels.

Here is the parking and directions page for Fedex Field (use directions for Platinum A parking):

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/parking-and-directions.html

Who Can Come?

Absolutely everyone is welcome... the more the merrier! This particular tailgate is referred to as the Mega Tailgate, because we invite tailgate groups and fans from all over the parking lots on regular game days into one central spot. Think of it as a U.N. meeting of tailgates!

Fans from any team, their friends and their families are all welcome to join in the fun. We ask if you come to the tailgate, that you remember one thing... treat others as you would want to be treated! We do not tolerate any physical violence, threats, property damage, etc. at this tailgate! Fans of all ages are welcome (We have non-alcoholic items as well). We have lots of kids at our tailgate!

I will be updating the top of this event posting with the official groups/sites who will be attending.

What Can I Do?

We are a potluck style tailgate, so please bring food, drinks, or supplies that we have requested at the bottom of this post (under NEEDED ITEMS). Many of us who help run this tailgate spend a lot of time and money on the supplies that we provide at every tailgate, so anything you can do to help is highly desired and appreciated.

During the course of this tailgate's history, every year, we have had people step up and become core members that help with the organization, setup and supply of the tailgate, which has resulted in its success. If you would like to help out in this capacity, please let us know, we desperately could use the help!

Please post a response in this thread with what food, drink and/or supply items you plan on bringing so we can plan accordingly !!

Who Do I Contact?

You can get almost every question answered by posting in this thread, but if you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact Huly or myself via PM or by emailing: pez@gwu.edu or skinshuly@gmail.com

We will try to get back to you in a timely manner.

Again... please try to post your question in this thread. Most of the members in this thread are Tailgate veterans!

=========================================================================

Food List
  • 1 Whole (120-140 lb) Roasted Pig (Pez/Huly)
Drink List
  • 1 Case of Beer (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Case of Water (Pez/Huly)
Supply List
  • Flagpole/Flags (Pez/Huly)
  • 1 Canopy (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Tables (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Chairs (Pez/Huly)
  • 1 Cooler w/Ice (Pez/Huly)
=========================================================================

NEEDED ITEMS

Drinks:
  • Soda
  • Water
  • Beer/Liquor/Spirits & mixers
Food:
  • Hamburgers w/Buns
  • Hot Dogs w/Buns
  • Sausages, Brats, etc w/Buns
  • Grilled chicken/steak/etc
  • Other Protein items (Shrimp/pork/beef/chicken/etc... surprise us!)
  • Side items (pasta salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray, etc)
  • Desserts (cookies, brownies, pies, cakes)
  • Condiments (ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc)
  • Dips, salsa, etc
Supplies:
  • Grills (we never have enough!)
  • Canopy's/Tents
  • Tables (another item we always need!)
  • Games (beer pong/cornhole/lasso golf/etc)
  • Coolers with Ice
  • Plastic Cups
  • Plasticware (forks/knives/spoons)
  • Paper Plates
  • Napkins/Paper Towels
  • Radios/Boomboxes (PLEASE !!!)

I hope you guys have fun, but I am confused by the first sentence in your OP here:

While we have enjoyed our hibernation (needed badly after this past awful season),

Are you talking about the winter weather being awful, or are you saying you thought the 2015 Redskin season was awful?

Just curious. :)

I hope you guys have fun, but I am confused by the first sentence in your OP here:

Are you talking about the winter weather being awful, or are you saying you thought the 2015 Redskin season was awful?

Just curious. :)

LOL... I copied from last year's.... I mean to change it to another crazy year.... sorry still updating things...

...your signature needs to be update too. ....Skins vs. Packers on Jan 10?

...planning on being there....not sure who will be there with me. My best friend passed away in late March. He was a huge DC sports fan. I will see if his son wants to go. If you listen to DC sports talk radio, you probably knew him as "Mike from Loudon".

Hey folks!

Please note that this is "potluck style" and we need everyone to step up, with food. That doesn't mean a bag of chips, or a bottle of soda. Please bring something substantial.

None of those "Metro" excuses, because parking is free, and plentiful.

Thank you vey much!

I'm only going to do a few cedar-planked salmon filets. The crowd will be a little big and the salmon is expensive. I can feed more people with chicken.

20 lbs of Pinoy-style marinated chicken tenderloins, with a spicy Sriracha peanut dipping sauce.

I might also toss a few marinated flank-steaks, or London broil on the grill.

Nathan's Franks, rolls & fixin's

I'm also bringing lots of ice. We can never have enough of that.

I want to attend the tailgate.

I also want to run the 5K.

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART!

(I'm bringing beers, and Cornhole, and probably some other stuff; I'll update later)

-- Do both! The 5K should not take more than 1 hour.....maybe you can people hand you tailgating food along the course. :) There should be a beer station next to the water station.

I'll be there at my usual time which means about 2-3 hours before anybody else - the exception being Pez, Huly, and Mr. & Mrs. Huly.   :angry:

Dude it was cold this morning - 37 degrees - I hope it's warmer on the 30th! 

I'll bring flags tables chairs camp stove yada yada yada...

10 gals ice water 

Cheeses, crackers, chips, maybe some live oysters, maybe some sashimi tuna for my closest friends...

5 lbs of bang bang jumbo shrimp

I might bring cornhole if my wife patches the bean bags that have holes in 'em   :lol:

I'll be there at my usual time which means about 2-3 hours before anybody else - the exception being Pez, Huly, and Mr. & Mrs. Huly. :angry:

Dude it was cold this morning - 37 degrees - I hope it's warmer on the 30th!

I'll bring flags tables chairs camp stove yada yada yada...

10 gals ice water

Cheeses, crackers, chips, maybe some live oysters, maybe some sashimi tuna for my closest friends...

5 lbs of bang bang jumbo shrimp

I might bring cornhole if my wife patches the bean bags that have holes in 'em :lol:

I'll pretend to like you for some sashimi tuna and your bang bang shrimp recipe.

I'll be there at my usual time which means about 2-3 hours before anybody else - the exception being Pez, Huly, and Mr. & Mrs. Huly.   :angry:

I think I still hold this record, the year we drafted Orakpo, where I was at the parking lot ready for draft day at 4:30 a.m.  Took a picture of myself, the clock, all by myself.  I think I beat Pez and TK by an hour.  That was also the first year of shots at dawn, as I recall.

It is possible though, that I do not hold the record, I think we may have had a year where someone (MIA) camped out overnight.  I remember it being discussed but don't know if it happened.  The NFL really ruined **** by moving this to a three day event.

Sadly, I won't make it.  My wife's birthday is this weekend, almost always right before the draft, and my daughter was born on May 4th, right after the draft.  As a result, my weekends around this time are always booked, which sucks, but at least it is for two good reasons.

If I bring 5-10lbs of uncooked wings can someone grill them?

There should be plenty of grill-space, (you're welcome use ours, when I'm not using it), but I'm not going to cook them for you.

After grilling 20lbs of chicken tenders, 4-5lbs of steak, and a couple of salmon filets, my grilling arm will be tired ;)

Pretzels? :)

I can swing the pretzels I think. :P

As an aside, I wish we had more 4:00 games.  1:00 games make pretzels difficult since most of the pretzel places don't open until well after we have to leave to make it down there for tailgating on a regular game day.  I could buy them the night before, but then they're not as fresh.

I can swing the pretzels I think. :P

As an aside, I wish we had more 4:00 games. 1:00 games make pretzels difficult since most of the pretzel places don't open until well after we have to leave to make it down there for tailgating on a regular game day. I could buy them the night before, but then they're not as fresh.

Yessssss!

There should be plenty of grill-space, (you're welcome use ours, when I'm not using it), but I'm not going to cook them for you.

After grilling 20lbs of chicken tenders, 4-5lbs of steak, and a couple of salmon filets, my grilling arm will be tired ;)

Awesome... well I plan to bring jerk wings

Archived