Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: OFFICIAL WASHINGTON #REDSKINS LONDON TOUR PACKAGES NOW AVAILABLE

TK

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

February 29, 2016

OFFICIAL WASHINGTON REDSKINS LONDON TOUR PACKAGES NOW AVAILABLE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins will play in front of a global audience in 2016, facing the Cincinnati Bengals at London’s Wembley Stadium on Sunday, Oct. 30, as participants in the NFL’s International Series. Kickoff time will be announced at a later date.

Tour packages go on sale to the general public today, Monday, Feb. 29 at 10 a.m. Packages can be purchased online at http://www.redskinslondon.com/or by calling 844-384-9980. On Location Experiences, the NFL’s event experience and hospitality provider, will handle all sales for the game. Tickets and packages will not be sold through the Washington Redskins ticket office.

Tour packages offer hotel accommodations, game tickets, round-trip airfare, transportation and exclusive hospitality options. Individual game tickets will be sold at a later date.
This is a chance for Redskins fans to plan to witness history by seeing the team play in England for the first time ever in the regular season. This is the only date of the 2016 season that is known thus far and this gives fans the rare opportunity to plan a trip before the official schedule is announced.

The contest at Wembley will mark the Redskins’ European debut in regular season play and only their second regular season game outside the United States all-time. In their only other international regular season game to date, the Redskins faced the Buffalo Bills at the Rogers Centre in Toronto on Oct. 30, 2011. The Redskins have appeared twice overseas in preseason competition, once at the former Wembley Stadium in London in 1992 and once at the Osaka Dome in Osaka, Japan in 2002.

Ha. I had just started putting together a thread for this. Your too damn fast TK! The Saphire package is actually not a bad deal. Figure 8 grand for a couple. I think I am going to try to extend the number of days on my own dime though. I have never been to London. So this is as good an excuse as any to make the trip.

Anyone that would pay for a package either has more money than they know what to do with or isn't used to travelling abroad. 

Hail. 

AMEN!

I wish they had a "tickets-only" package.

We're booking everything on our own.  The only stickler, is tickets.   They've sold out.  I know we can get them on the secondary market, but they're probably insanely expensive.

We're using this as an excuse to go back to Europe.   If they're the tickets are too expensive, we'll watch the game in a pub.

Anyone that would pay for a package either has more money than they know what to do with or isn't used to travelling abroad. 

Hail. 

Yeah. I could do it cheaper on my own. And I might just do that. But having everything scheduled and paid for up front has some value as well. We all pay for convenience at times.

Hail. 

Yeah that's true, I've been to London multiple times, I haven't looked yet at the flights to London in October but shouldn't be too bad, and if you keep looking you often can find sales (hot-expensive time is the summer usually not the fall).  My only potential interest in the packages is whether there is something unique, staying at team hotel, etc.   But that doesn't seem to be the case.

AMEN!

I wish they had a "tickets-only" package.

We're booking everything on our own.  The only stickler, is tickets.   They've sold out.  I know we can get them on the secondary market, but they're probably insanely expensive.

We're using this as an excuse to go back to Europe.   If they're the tickets are too expensive, we'll watch the game in a pub.

There are quite a lot on the secondary market at the moment. I signed up for all 3 UK games just to make sure I got good seats for the Skins game as I figured that I could pay £££ for secondary tickets or buy all 3 games on primary market and sell the other 2 on the secondary market which would probably cover the total cost anyway. I've already sold the Rams game which has covered 2/3rds of my total outlay so I've currently paid just under face value for my Skins tickets and got the Jaguars game for free (I'm struggling to get rid of those tickets even at face value!!)

On the secondary market for the Skins game at the moment, a well known secondary market website has tickets up for about £130 ($200) in lower Endzone or £99 ($140) for top tier sideline (I've been to Wembley a few times and the view is pretty good even from the top tier). There are other top tier Endzone tickets available on another site for less than £80 ($113). If you don't mind where you sit, you will be able to pick up tickets at a reasonable price, and Wembley is a great ground to visit (The road between the tube station (metro station) and the stadium is called "Wembley Way" and it's an incredible atmosphere pre-game). Definitely worth having a look at secondary tickets.

London is dead easy to get around and I wouldn't advise booking a package or tour to be honest. Just book flights and a hotel. There's loads of tour companies in London that you can get guided tours etc from for a reasonable cost if you want to see the sights that way, but most of the main sights are in walking distance (It's only like 250metres from Big Ben to Buckingham Palace for example). There's also open top buses which you pay a set fee in the morning, and they drive round all day and you can get on and get off any of them, at any time, on the same ticket, and they are specifically for tourists so the routes only covers the sights.

I used to run excursions and activities for a school teaching English to foreign kids down that way so I'm well informed on the tourist aspects of London and the South Coast of England generally. If anyone wants any advice etc then I know all of the tourist spots well, and I can give you easy walking routes, transport to get around, general info or anything else you need help with, just send me a message and I'll be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

That airfare to London is nuts. For shoulder season, you can book something for nearly half that. And this would be travel for that period that's just on the cusp of off-season, too, so the fares should be quite cheap. Last year during that period, I flew in the reverse direction for 380 euros, round-trip. Please book your own flights, fellow Skins......don't opt for that British Airways itinerary. If you have to wait, just go ahead and book your hotels, but wait to book the flight. The fares will drop considerably.

Hope to see some of you there....Hail!

That airfare to London is nuts. For shoulder season, you can book something for nearly half that. And this would be travel for that period that's just on the cusp of off-season, too, so the fares should be quite cheap. Last year during that period, I flew in the reverse direction for 380 euros, round-trip. Please book your own flights, fellow Skins......don't opt for that British Airways itinerary. If you have to wait, just go ahead and book your hotels, but wait to book the flight. The fares will drop considerably.

Hope to see some of you there....Hail!

That's very sage advice.  

Travel packages, like the Skins are putting out for this London trip, is for people who don't know any better, or have more money, than time.

• 1 month later...

Yeh, if you search for Premier Inn London then there are quite a few scattered all over London including the city centre, the same with Travelodge as well. From what I can see Travelodge is generally cheaper.

There is also an event going on the Saturday night in Westmister for people who are interested

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/washington-cincinnati-pre-game-party-tickets-19741086120?aff=ebrowse

(I hope it's ok to advertise that on here)

is that the name of the hotel? is it neat the city center?

They're both chains of cheap and cheerful hotels - similar to Holiday Inn or Best Western. It really depends how long you're staying in London, what you want to be close to etc (Eg do you want to be close to the stadium, or close to central London where all the landmarks are?)

What dates do you need to check in and check out?

Any recommendations for a cheap hotel in London?  Saw a couple of Holiday Inns, and  Best Westerns for around $125 per night???

I booked a double room for 2 nights (Saturday & Sunday) at the London Central Euston Travelodge.  Total cost was £200 (approx $286) including breakfast.  The cost of the hotel for the Saturday night was 75% more expensive than the Sunday night, early kick offs in the UK are a swine for fans that have to travel as we need to book the Saturday as well as the Sunday!!

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/344/London-Central-Euston-hotel

The Premier Inn just down the road was more expensive.

I'd definitely put holiday inns and premier inns over travelodges. I've used all three, various places throughout the UK. The latter is the most basic, though. You've probably heard of most other hotel chains you can find here otherwise.

Would recommend using lastminute.com, hotwire and trivago to compare prices. The first two tend offer "secret" hotels - reduced prices on decent hotels but only giving the general area, not hotel name until you pay. I've had some good deals on these in the past and if you're not fussy on location these might be worth investigating.

If you plan on using the tube a lot anyway, some of these secret deals are located in North Greenwich, near the O2 centre. It's not central, but a short ride on the tube to central London and you're already on the right line (jubilee) to Wembley.

They're both chains of cheap and cheerful hotels - similar to Holiday Inn or Best Western. It really depends how long you're staying in London, what you want to be close to etc (Eg do you want to be close to the stadium, or close to central London where all the landmarks are?)

What dates do you need to check in and check out?

so i think i am going to come in the Friday (oct 27th) before and then stay in London til Tuesday morning and then from there go to Paris til Friday and then come back to DC. 

i am going alone so i would prefer to walk to all the landmarks and not be too far. 

Archived