Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riggo#44

All Things Star Wars Thread

521 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The movie doesn't come out till December. A little early for a full fledged trailer right?

 

The Force Awakens had a teaser trailer in November despite the movie coming out the following December. I don't think 8 months is too early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

The Force Awakens had a teaser trailer in November despite the movie coming out the following December. I don't think 8 months is too early. 

Well teaser trailers aren't really the same as legit full fledged trailers. I don't think we'll see a real trailer with substance until the summer blockbuster movies start up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Well teaser trailers aren't really the same as legit full fledged trailers. I don't think we'll see a real trailer with substance until the summer blockbuster movies start up.

 

True but this was a damn nice teaser lol

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Wars Celebration cant get here soon enough. GIVE ME TRAILERS!!11!1!!!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So what was the news today?

 

They're having a contest where you can win a trip to Skywalker Ranch, a role in the Han Solo movie (I believe) and to be at the premiere of The Last Jedi.

 

It's all for charity.

 

 

Edited by DM72
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DM72 said:

 

They're having a contest where you can win a trip to Skywalker Ranch, a role in the Han Solo movie (I believe) and to be at the premiere of The Last Jedi.

 

It's all for charity.

 

 

 

I don't want to be the guy to boo a good cause but booooooo lol

 

Any announcements on a trailer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2017 at 7:12 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

I don't want to be the guy to boo a good cause but booooooo lol

 

Any announcements on a trailer?

Trailer should come out during the Last Jedi panel tomorrow from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.

 

STAR WARS CELEBRATION TODAY! LET US CELEBRATE STAR WARS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i have an erection. 

 

Get ready to orgasm them...
 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

In the poster, notice how it starts blue but ends red? Hmmmmm.

 

just saw the trailer. DAMM!!!

Edited by DM72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DM72 said:

In the poster, notice how it starts blue but ends red? Hmmmmm.

 

just saw the trailer. DAMM!!!

 

This is just my speculation, I'm not throwing out any spoilers, but, personally, Disney has painted themselves into a corner.  They almost have to have Rey turn evil. If they don't, its just a rehash again.  We have all thought that Rey is Luke's daughter, and that's what I've hoped, but I'm not confident that its the case. We know for a fact that the movies with Episode numbers are about the Skywalker family.  We know Kylo is part of the Skywalker family.  If Rey is not Luke's daughter or somehow Leia and Han forgot they had a daughter, Kylo is going to turn out to be the Hero and Rey is going to fall to the dark side.  To be honest, I'd be okay with that.  It would at least be different.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, codeorama said:

 

This is just my speculation, I'm not throwing out any spoilers, but, personally, Disney has painted themselves into a corner.  They almost have to have Rey turn evil. If they don't, its just a rehash again.  We have all thought that Rey is Luke's daughter, and that's what I've hoped, but I'm not confident that its the case. We know for a fact that the movies with Episode numbers are about the Skywalker family.  We know Kylo is part of the Skywalker family.  If Rey is not Luke's daughter or somehow Leia and Han forgot they had a daughter, Kylo is going to turn out to be the Hero and Rey is going to fall to the dark side.  To be honest, I'd be okay with that.  It would at least be different.

 

I hope they turn her dark.  Not sure if Disney is willing to do it with a female lead though.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That trailer was good. 

 

I like the idea of Kylo redeeming himself and Rey turning dark. The issue would be that our "hero" killed his father. That's PR that you couldn't even blame the Redskins for botching. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, drowland said:

 

I hope they turn her dark.  Not sure if Disney is willing to do it with a female lead though.  

 

I feel the exact same way.  I just hope that Rian Johnson was able to make it happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, drowland said:

 

I hope they turn her dark.  Not sure if Disney is willing to do it with a female lead though.  

 

The concerns about Disney marketing corporatism and general touchy-feelyness preventing the right story from being told need to be thrown on the scrap heap.

 

Remember last year?  The Rogue One reshoots?  The internet collectively **** itself over what Disney was doing.  "They're making it less gritty!  It was too dark and the Disney execs are making them lighten it up!  They're going to ruin the tone!"

 

Then what happened?  Turns out the reshoots added Vader going ham on the Rebels, and everyone dies in the end.  And all the concerns were over nothing.

 

Kathleen Kennedy is a legend.  You couldn't ask for a better steward for the franchise.  Whatever flaws any of these movies have or end up having, blame does not sit in Disney's lap.

Edited by Bliz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Bliz said:

Remember last year?  The Rogue One reshoots?  The internet collectively **** itself over what Disney was doing.  "They're making it less gritty!  It was too dark and the Disney execs are making them lighten it up!  They're going to ruin the tone!"

 

Then what happened?  Turns out the reshoots added Vader going ham on the Rebels, and everyone dies in the end.  And all the concerns were over nothing.

 

Well, I thought the Vader initially killed many of the main Rogue One squad as well but in the reshoots he killed the nameless rebels shown in the final version. 

 

Also, I can still notice a difference in tone in the first trailer compared to the later trailers after the reshoots apparently took place. More emphasis on Hope and a less 'we're all ****ed" scenario. 

 

I wouldn't be so quick to write-off disney vetoing the idea of turning their marketable female star in Rey to the dark side. 

 

The other main problem is that by killing Han, many believe Kylo cannot be redeemed. This wasn't some nomad old coot named Ben Kenobi that we'd known for 45 minutes, this was the legend and fan favorite Han Solo. His dad on top of it all. 

 

It would take some careful and impeccable writing to actually turn Rey heel and Kylo face and for the fans to actually buy in, as much as I would love to see it. 

 

I did have a new theory though,

 

with all the talk of the Han Solo name not being his original name...what are the odds his last name was originally Ren and that will be revealed in the Solo movie? Or better yet, his name is something else that we find out is Rey's last name? I don't know if they would want to spoil that reveal for the Han Solo movie though. But maybe it was a child Han had after he and Leia split so she isn't a Skywalker and he gave her the last name Ren, his original name, to keep her safe and a secret and dropped her off in the safest place he could think could of, Luke's academy. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.