Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins answers questions on Reddit (AMA)

Alaskins

How is the relationship between you and RG3? If he leaves the team, will you stay in contact?

That's a great question. We have a very good relationship and it's been that way since day 1. I remember the first day we met, after the draft, getting to the hotel for rookie mini-camp and he was helping me with some cut-ups on his laptop, showing me plays and that kind of helped and our working relationship continued all the through for four years. Up until the very last week against the Packers, as we worked together to win that game.

Things change from year to year and I have no idea what's going to happen to my future or with Roberts, but I know he will be successful with whatever he does. He's very intelligent and a hard-worker and those two things carry you pretty far.

How is the relationship between you and RG3? If he leaves the team, will you stay in contact?

Hey Kirk! In your last AMA you answered multiple challenging questions with a lot of candor. With that said, I’m curious to your thoughts on Dan Snyder as an owner? He’s often criticized by the media so I was interested in the thoughts of a player.

Great question! Nobody wants to win more than Mr. Snyder. I've been around him for 4 years now, and I've seen his passion for the game, and I've seen his frustration after losses in the locker room; I've seen how celebratory he is after wins. He really lives and dies with each game, and he's a true fan. I think that's what you want as a player, someone who cares about your team at the top, someone who cares about winning, and that's Mr. Snyder down to the core.

From "Xephron" with a Cowturds logo:

Kirk, stop making me like you. I'm supposed to hate you.

My question is this. Which team do you consider your biggest rival?

Sincerely,

Someone who begrudgingly likes that.

/u/Xephyron, I hope you're not really THE Zac Efron! The Cowboys are our rival. It got communicated to me very quickly after I was drafted that the Cowboys are the team, and the Redskins will chant, "We want Dallas!" at the game before the Cowboys game. That's how much it matters. They'll always be the rival. And the Giants and Eagles are a very close second.

Lots of good info and answers at the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/447r4e/im_kirk_cousins_ask_me_anything/

Great questions and answers!! What's AMA stand for? I've always thought it had something to do with female wrestling....

Ask MAnything = AMA

I'm not completely into the Reddit stuff, but these AMAs where players come on are pretty good.   Smoot's AMA last month was CRAZY.

some more Kirk stuff from Jeter's website  ... 

We are live all week long from Super Bowl 50 in San Francisco, and we’re making players fill out our weird What the (Blank)? questions. Next up is Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins. Yes, this is his real handwriting.

The most underrated player in the NFL is …

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/what-the-blank-kirk-cousins-washington-redskins/

because he's answering questions on a board?

If it was Super Bowl week thing that's fine.

You know that for a certain fact? There is no way he could work and study and still take a few minutes answer some questions? Seriously?

These guys are humans. They have time off. They work their asses off during the season and during the off season, Kirk is known for his crazy 15 minute interval schedules to make sure he gets his studying and work in. He has a right to enjoy a little time off.

You know that for a certain fact? There is no way he could work and study and still take a few minutes answer some questions? Seriously?

These guys are humans. They have time off. They work their asses off during the season and during the off season, Kirk is known for his crazy 15 minute interval schedules to make sure he gets his studying and work in. He has a right to enjoy a little time off.

Okay... cause he was in England last week, San Fran this week, and he's done a lot of videos and promotions for each site.

So I doubt there's much gym time going on at either place.  At least not serious gym time.

Don't get me wrong, he deserves some time away, but this isn't in his character to do it.  I'd just like for him to stay within himself is all.

Oh come on...its offseason!! He's not allowed to go to England for vacation, or San Francisco (for super bowl week)??? Lol. Plus, the official offseason really began today, for ALL 32 teams. He'll have plenty of time to study and hit the gym and prepare for next season. This is what we call "finding useless **** to complain about in the offseason".

I found the question about him running for office interesting, I've imagined him seeking office when he retires from football also. He didn't answer that question nor should he but with his superior communication skills and polish it is easy to imagine Congressmen, Senator, Governor or even President Cousins. How many currently national politicians can match his communication skills? Not many if any at all.

With his character, intellect, drive and affability it would seem like something of a waste for him to end being a broadcaster after his playing career, I hope he does something more important. Maybe he'll become a minister like his father but I could see him running for office also. Hopefully we get to enjoy a decade of excellent QB and a championship from Kirk before he moves on to his next career.

Its not even March yet, these guys have family's and lives so no need to get ones panties in a bundle because Kirk is blowing off some steam and enjoying the offseason.

I doubt Kirk will be doing much with studying until we lock him up, he's a free agent so he doesn't owe anything to this franchise until they make a commitment..

Okay... cause he was in England last week, San Fran this week, and he's done a lot of videos and promotions for each site.

So I doubt there's much gym time going on at either place.  At least not serious gym time.

Don't get me wrong, he deserves some time away, but this isn't in his character to do it.  I'd just like for him to stay within himself is all.

Or it might have been suggested to him to do it. By coaches, maybe.

Players need a mental break from the game as well as a physical one. Otherwise, this stuff probably just becomes a swirling mess of numbers, figures, and symbols in their heads.

Let Cousins (and the other players) have their "down time" they need. They can pick back up when the new NFL season starts (March 9th).

From what is understood reading things over the years is, players will take a few weeks off to decompress, take family vacations and take care of personal business.

Then most of them will start their own personal workouts and look at the film on their own personal time, because they can't be around the team or coaches for formal get togethers.

The CBA has limitations on this. You guys need to relax and stop getting so worked up about players and their personal time. Back in the old days, as soon as the season was over, they'd go back to their 9 to 5 jobs in the offseason. Then show up out of shape and use TC to get back in shape.

Jeez, the SB just literally ended 48 hours ago. Let these guys take a breath.

Archived