Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One Final Joe Jacoby HOF Vote

Leader In Sports

OK Redskin fans - I have asked before for the earlier stages, and this is my final time for this year.

Your very own Joe Jacoby is a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2016.  You have not had a Redskin in the final vote since Chris Hanburger was elected in 2011.

We need your help.  Click on the HOF link and vote for Big Jake to be enshrined this year.  http://www.nfl.com/hofvote

Full disclosure, our company is Mr. Jacoby's exclusive appearance agent.

On a fun note, I had lunch with Big Jake last week and snapped a picture of him with my 7 year old.

In case anybody is having trouble making up their minds, this recent post by our own Riggo-toni is pretty persuasive:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/398217-espn-joe-jacoby-selected-hall-of-fame-finalist/?p=10486220

NFL.com piece on the finalists has Orlando Pace as an almost sure thing, and Jacoby on the outside looking in. No ****ing way should another OL get in their before Jacoby. Twice as many SBs and 3x as many rings as Pace, and the Redskins broke the SB rushing record TWICE with two different RBs. How does an all decade LT with 3 rings not get in the HOF, especially when he was the only constant player in all 4 SBs. 

There's almost certainly no other offensive lineman in the history of the game who can count all these qualifiers on his resume. But if there is another one, you can bet he's in the Hall of Fame.

Not only was he an all pro, but he was one of the players that changed offensive mindsets. One of the first truly enormous linemen in the league. By 1992, everyone was 300+ lbs. He was 6'7" 315 in 1982.

I saw him walk by in the parking lot yesterday. He looked like he was doing pretty well for a guy that played for over a decade.

Voted as well.

Should be Jacoby and Bostic in there with Grimm. Seems to be they were the anchors of one of the greatest offensive lines in league history. These were the guys who were three-fifths of the offensive line that allowed less than 10 sacks all season in 1991 (while they were all in their twilight years as players).

Kind of incredible we had the left side of our offensive line locked with three HOF caliber players for more than a decade.

Voted as well.

Should be Jacoby and Bostic in there with Grimm. Seems to be they were the anchors of one of the greatest offensive lines in league history. These were the guys who were three-fifths of the offensive line that allowed less than 10 sacks all season in 1991 (while they were all in their twilight years as players).

Kind of incredible we had the left side of our offensive line locked with three HOF caliber players for more than a decade.

You want to know what is lost in that 10 sack figure (actually I think it was 9!) - three of those sacks were given up in the 2nd eagles game when we pulled our starters and didn't care whether we won or lost. So our real number of sacks over 15 games was 6 LOL!

When you consider that Rypien was a statue, wow - that line is probably the most dominant line I have ever seen - at least in the superbowl era. They were just a stone wall - no other way to describe them. And they could run block as well - I just feel privileged to have rooted for my 'skins during the glory times.

Those times will come again - lets all hang in there.

Voted,

Can't believe some of the names on this list (Kevin Greene what?), (Terrell Owens what?), (Edgerrin James what?) (Tony Dungy what what what?)

Sorry not trying to derail, just no way in hell I would think half of this list deserves to be in the HOF

You think no way in hell TO deserves to be in the HOF?

Mock his off-field stuff all you want (it's reasonable, and fun), his numbers are pretty much unarguable

Archived